“Quick trip to Disneyland” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Seattle
“Quick trip to Disneyland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is the 3rd time we have stayed at the Candy Cane Inn in Anaheim. It has remained true as one of the best values close to the Disney parks. Very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are comfortable and clean and not noisy. This is a quite hotel and perfect for young families. Their shuttle service to the parks is timely and comfortable. If you are hardy, you can also walk to and from the parks to the CC Inn. Might be a challenge with tired youngsters. We stayed in rooms 220 and 222. The price of the room includes a reasonable (high carb) continental breakfast however the serving space is small as is the eating area, you can eat around the pool if the weather is warm and dry. The breakfast fare is the same every day, so if you want some variety, you will need to seek it out. We like La Brea in the Park.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms mid way back from the entrance were very quiet.
2 Thank Jollymansing
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your positive comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We look forward to seeing you again and please feel free to contact me personally when your family is returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations, as well as discussing what our team can do to bring your next review up to a five. Kind regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We had heard wonderful things about the Candy Cane Inn from family and friends for years. When I decided to take our youngest son on a trip to Disneyland I thought it was the perfect opportunity to see what all the fuss was about. Candy Cane Inn is truly a gem. For the most part excellent customer service. Check in was a breeze as was check out.

I had upgraded our room to a "concierge room" when I booked thru the Disney Travel Company. I had read it was worth the upgrade. Since I was contemplating paying for a Disney property the upgrade was cheap in comparison. The Candy Cane Inn tries very hard to make your stay carefree. The amenities with the upgraded room were outstanding. The free breakfast delivered to your room was fabulous. They delivered everyday on time. We ate in our room super early before the park opened and then ate a late breakfast in the park. It was perfect.

One of my complaints is that the carpet and chairs in our room were filthy as in stained. The rooms are basic but clean other then the carpet and chairs. We didn't let it bother us because we spent very little time in our room and kept our socks on.

Also when we came out of Disneyland the last day I didn't see the shuttle, when I called the hotel to inquire when it would be coming back I was told it would be 30 minute. We needed to check out in 20 minutes so we either needed to run back to the hotel or jump in a cab (which we did) because waiting for the shuttle wouldn't work given our time frame. As our cab was leaving the park the shuttle drove past us entering the park. I was kinda bummed.

Lastly, and I realize I'm asking for a bit much here but I called the front desk the last morning to see if we could get a later check out (upgraded rooms get a 2pm check out already) I was asking for a 3 pm check out. I was told no. Okay I get it they need to make up the room for the next guest but the hotel was pretty empty. The one hour difference would have made a huge difference to our day. Instead we checked out earlier then we would have liked and sat in an airport for 3 hours before our flight home. Wasted hours that we could have been in the park. Maybe a bit petty but I'm a travel agent so I know this can be done if they want to.

Over all I give the Candy Cane Inn a good rating. I would stay her again. The breakfast in our room is a big draw.

Room Tip: The upgrade to a top room is really nice if you can afford it.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
First and foremost I would like to sincerely apologize that your stay was not to your expectations and I thank you for your input. We do listen to all comments and while we never want to disappoint our guests, we do value these opportunities to continue to train and grow our guest service. In regards to your late checkout, I apologize that we were not able to accommodate a later checkout for you, as we were at a high occupancy at the time and all late checkouts are based upon availability. As you pointed out, our Premium rooms do come with a 2 pm late checkout versus the regular 11 am checkout time. We do have to keep in mind the short window the late checkout gives to our Housekeeping staff to turnover a room and get it back to us by the 3 PM check in time. I again thank you for your input. Kind regards!
Eagle River, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Agree with positive reviews, clean well kept property. Friendly staff. Breakfast perfect, lots to choose from! Shuttle no problem to use! Very quiet in the mid to back area of property. Room 230 had a table and chairs on a deck area we used for late night dinners. Plan to book again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we certainly appreciate your kind comments and are delighted that you would stay with us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Saratoga, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Candy Cane Inn is a good hotel for young families on a budget to stay at as the accommodations are clean and neat, includes a OK continental breakfast, and is a short walk or furnished bus ride to Disneyland.

Also has a small pool for youngsters to cool down in.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your positive comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We do believe in providing an exceptional product and wonderful guest service while keeping in mind families travelling on a budget, and we hope to see you again soon. Kind regards!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I don't make a hotel reservation without checking reviews on TripAdvisor, and once again I was not steered wrong. The Candy Cane Inn was everything other reviewers promised - clean, attractive, quiet, worth the expense. The room was laid out nicely and didn't feel cramped despite being very standard. The free continental breakfast had plenty of options although it is utilitarian. Customer service was excellent - check in was smooth and friendly, and I was offered the option to use the Disney resort shuttle and leave my car on hotel grounds even after I checked out. Would stay here gain no question if my travel plans call for it. Absolutely no need to spend a fortune on the Disney properties with an option like this available.

1 Thank IMA7588
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit and I am pleased that you concurred that our Trip Advisor reviews were right on the money. We do aspire to deliver a quality product and exceptional friendly service to each and every guest that stays with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again and please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with reservations. Kind regards!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

With the caveat that this hotel is within easy walking distance of Disneyland, it is a very nice hotel, but… the rooms are on par with a Comfort Inn, but the price is much higher. We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn three nights four years ago, and we were very happy with the experience. This trip we only stayed one night, and if I remember correctly the price this time was about $40 more. The free parking and continental breakfast are definitely plus, as is the proximity to Disneyland.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor and towards the back are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We appreciate your valuable feedback and we do take all guest comments very seriously. We strive to deliver a product that is exceptional and is affordable at the same time, which is why we offer our complimentary amenities including free parking, free Wi-Fi to all guest rooms, complimentary expanded continental breakfast, and complimentary exclusive shuttle to and from the Disneyland main gate entrance. Warm Regards!
Wahiawa, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed here because I was told by a co-worker that this was THE place to stay if you're going to Disneyland. She was right! The place was very CLEAN - which is a top priority for me. They had a welcome kit with popcorn and freshly baked cookies in our room when we arrived. They have a shuttle that runs every half hour to Disneyland, so it was super convenient for me and my family - and it was always prompt! It's a short distance to restaurants/convenient stores, so you really didn't need a car to go anywhere. What really impressed me was that no matter how often I came and went from my room, whenever I got back, my beds were always made. How's that for service! Would definitely stay here again the next time I visit Disneyland!

Room Tip: If you want the "extras" - like breakfast delivery to your room each morning and upgraded...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Leigh P
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We appreciate your business and delighted that your experience was wonderful and you were able to enjoy our many amenities and clean hotel rooms. Kind regards!