“Great as always”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #6 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This was our third stay at the Candy Cane Inn, and it was just great. It's a small motel that's wonderfully cared for by great staff members. We really enjoy the breakfast in the pool area in the morning. It's nice to be able to stroll over for coffee and a bagel while waiting for everyone to wake up and get ready for the day. Rooms are very clean and basic, which is just fine when you spend most of your time in the parks. If you are staying with other adults or older kids, you have to be a little creative as there really isn't much privacy in the room, but it worked out fine for us. There is also a safe in the room which was important to me as I didn't want to carry my valuables around all day at Disneyland. You won't always find this at motel properties. We usually walked to and from the parks, but it was nice to have the shuttle if you need it.
Wonderful trip all around and we will surely be back to this special place!

Room Tip: I think the premium rooms might be worth the price for the extra space. You can ask for a rollaway...
1  Thank pdxfamily4
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your many kind comments regarding our property, service and amenities. We have a wonderful team who take pride in their jobs and taking care of our guests and they too appreciate when folks take the time to write positive comments such as yours. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,834)

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We just got back from a four day Disney excursion; this was a great place to stay; within walking distance or a quick shuttle ride; right next store to a convenience market for snacks and drinks; store also has good Disney souvenirs at much cheaper rate than in the park. Clean, quiet at night; helpful staff, and a good well-run breakfast. My kids enjoyed the pool too. Also, across the street from a 24 hour Subway and other dining options. And, it's a mom and pop operation and not a big chain. Bonus: you can see the creepy Tower of Terror building from many of the rooms!

2  Thank JohnnyM511
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We appreciate your business and delighted that your experience was wonderful and you were able to enjoy our many amenities and clean hotel rooms. Kind regards!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is the 3rd time we have stayed at the Candy Cane Inn in Anaheim. It has remained true as one of the best values close to the Disney parks. Very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are comfortable and clean and not noisy. This is a quite hotel and perfect for young families. Their shuttle service to the parks is timely and comfortable. If you are hardy, you can also walk to and from the parks to the CC Inn. Might be a challenge with tired youngsters. We stayed in rooms 220 and 222. The price of the room includes a reasonable (high carb) continental breakfast however the serving space is small as is the eating area, you can eat around the pool if the weather is warm and dry. The breakfast fare is the same every day, so if you want some variety, you will need to seek it out. We like La Brea in the Park.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms mid way back from the entrance were very quiet.
2  Thank Jollymansing
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your positive comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We look forward to seeing you again and please feel free to contact me personally when your family is returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations, as well as discussing what our team can do to bring your next review up to a five. Kind regards!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We had heard wonderful things about the Candy Cane Inn from family and friends for years. When I decided to take our youngest son on a trip to Disneyland I thought it was the perfect opportunity to see what all the fuss was about. Candy Cane Inn is truly a gem. For the most part excellent customer service. Check in was a breeze as was check out.

I had upgraded our room to a "concierge room" when I booked thru the Disney Travel Company. I had read it was worth the upgrade. Since I was contemplating paying for a Disney property the upgrade was cheap in comparison. The Candy Cane Inn tries very hard to make your stay carefree. The amenities with the upgraded room were outstanding. The free breakfast delivered to your room was fabulous. They delivered everyday on time. We ate in our room super early before the park opened and then ate a late breakfast in the park. It was perfect.

One of my complaints is that the carpet and chairs in our room were filthy as in stained. The rooms are basic but clean other then the carpet and chairs. We didn't let it bother us because we spent very little time in our room and kept our socks on.

Also when we came out of Disneyland the last day I didn't see the shuttle, when I called the hotel to inquire when it would be coming back I was told it would be 30 minute. We needed to check out in 20 minutes so we either needed to run back to the hotel or jump in a cab (which we did) because waiting for the shuttle wouldn't work given our time frame. As our cab was leaving the park the shuttle drove past us entering the park. I was kinda bummed.

Lastly, and I realize I'm asking for a bit much here but I called the front desk the last morning to see if we could get a later check out (upgraded rooms get a 2pm check out already) I was asking for a 3 pm check out. I was told no. Okay I get it they need to make up the room for the next guest but the hotel was pretty empty. The one hour difference would have made a huge difference to our day. Instead we checked out earlier then we would have liked and sat in an airport for 3 hours before our flight home. Wasted hours that we could have been in the park. Maybe a bit petty but I'm a travel agent so I know this can be done if they want to.

Over all I give the Candy Cane Inn a good rating. I would stay her again. The breakfast in our room is a big draw.

Room Tip: The upgrade to a top room is really nice if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

First and foremost I would like to sincerely apologize that your stay was not to your expectations and I thank you for your input. We do listen to all comments and while we never want to disappoint our guests, we do value these opportunities to continue to train and grow our guest service. In regards to your late checkout, I apologize that we were not able to accommodate a later checkout for you, as we were at a high occupancy at the time and all late checkouts are based upon availability. As you pointed out, our Premium rooms do come with a 2 pm late checkout versus the regular 11 am checkout time. We do have to keep in mind the short window the late checkout gives to our Housekeeping staff to turnover a room and get it back to us by the 3 PM check in time. I again thank you for your input. Kind regards!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Agree with positive reviews, clean well kept property. Friendly staff. Breakfast perfect, lots to choose from! Shuttle no problem to use! Very quiet in the mid to back area of property. Room 230 had a table and chairs on a deck area we used for late night dinners. Plan to book again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us and we certainly appreciate your kind comments and are delighted that you would stay with us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Candy Cane Inn is a good hotel for young families on a budget to stay at as the accommodations are clean and neat, includes a OK continental breakfast, and is a short walk or furnished bus ride to Disneyland.

Also has a small pool for youngsters to cool down in.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your positive comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We do believe in providing an exceptional product and wonderful guest service while keeping in mind families travelling on a budget, and we hope to see you again soon. Kind regards!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I don't make a hotel reservation without checking reviews on TripAdvisor, and once again I was not steered wrong. The Candy Cane Inn was everything other reviewers promised - clean, attractive, quiet, worth the expense. The room was laid out nicely and didn't feel cramped despite being very standard. The free continental breakfast had plenty of options although it is utilitarian. Customer service was excellent - check in was smooth and friendly, and I was offered the option to use the Disney resort shuttle and leave my car on hotel grounds even after I checked out. Would stay here gain no question if my travel plans call for it. Absolutely no need to spend a fortune on the Disney properties with an option like this available.

1  Thank IMA7588
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit and I am pleased that you concurred that our Trip Advisor reviews were right on the money. We do aspire to deliver a quality product and exceptional friendly service to each and every guest that stays with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again and please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with reservations. Kind regards!