“Best EVER Disney Good Neighbor Hotel”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #6 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My family enjoyed the most wonderful stay at the Candy Cane Inn over Thanksgiving week. It was our first trip to Disneyland Resort and we couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. We upgraded to the premium 2-queen bed room and let me tell you, it was worth every penny! We were greeted by the friendly and helpful front desk staff who explained all of the amenities of the property and answered our questions. We were checked into room 245 which was beautiful, clean and chock full of fun surprises. The staff prepared a welcome basket packed with goodies including fresh baked cookies, popcorn and some cute little Mickey shaped candies. My son and I were celebrating our birthdays and they even prepared a special birthday surprise for us! Our beds were SO comfortable we almost slept through our alarm! Luckily our breakfast order was delivered directly to our room each morning or we may have just stayed in bed! We were able to enjoy our coffee and croissants while we were getting ready which made it so much easier to get to Disneyland right when the park opened! This is the best value when you take into account that breakfast and parking is included in the rate, plus the free Disneyland shuttle - I figured we saved at least $60 per day on those things alone! We took the shuttle to Disneyland and back a couple of times each day so our 5 year old son could have a mid-day nap. Priceless!!!
Also, they sell lots of great things at the front office including rain ponchos (it rained the 2nd day we were there) and its all way cheaper than buying in the parks! I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Candy Cane Inn! I'm so excited for our next trip. This was the first of many trips to Disneyland for our family - no question, we will always stay here!!!
Do yourself a favor - book your stay at the Candy Cane Inn! You'll thank me later!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Cyndi D
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your many kind comments regarding our property, and exceptional guest service. We are glad you enjoyed the many amenities our Premium rooms have to offer including the complimentary breakfast delivery. We have a wonderful team who take pride in their jobs and taking care of our guests and they too appreciate when folks take the time to write positive comments such as yours. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,834)

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

The gentleman on the other end of the phone was so quiet, I could barely hear him. Unfortunately they are sold out for one of the four nights I wanted to stay...next time I will try to book a little earlier because I hear amazing things about this hotel!

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Libby L
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

First and foremost I sincerely apologize we were not able to accommodate your reservations. I do thank you for your comments and please don’t hesitate to contact me personally when you decide to book as I would be delighted to assist with reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

My daughter and I are Disney junkies and usually drive down from Los Angeles once a month. We decided to try staying overnight to avoid the midnight drive back home. Candy Cane Inn was recommended by another Disney junkie and we are sooo glad we stayed. everyone was very helpful and took great pride in their jobs. our room was very clean, the breakfast was a great start to our day, and the shuttle was a welcome site after walking around the parks all day. We are planning another stay in early 2014. Can't wait to return. I just wish Disney would grant a entry into Radiator Springs from the back of the property

Room Tip: our room was upstairs in the back and we didn't hear the Radiator Springs racers although the in...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nikki B
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your many kind comments regarding our property, service and amenities. We are glad you were recommended to us and that you enjoyed your stary. We have a wonderful team, who take pride in their jobs and taking care of our guests and they too appreciate when folks take the time to write positive comments such as yours. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would by my pleasure to assist with future reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have spent sometime online looking for a perfect hotel for our first family trip and was very impressed with the many praise reports i have read about Candy Cane, i over looked the comments about how unhelpful, abrupt, and short the staff could be and decided to call and make a reservation. I just got off the phone from reserving rooms for April and the gentlemen on the other end of the line was very short, spoke so quick I couldnt understand him, he was very unhelpful and rude to me...not a good start to a first family trip. Its kind of sad for a business owner with such a "great hotel" because you can't keep your eye on your straff all the time, and you expect they will provide WOW service too but thats not always the case. To the staff member who was rude to me I hope one day you own your own business, then you will understand the difference WOW service means! I may be continuing my search for a hotel

Room Tip: Cant comment on much more then my reservation as I won't be visiting until April 2014
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jwoodrow
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

First and foremost I sincerely apologize for your initial dealings with our reservations team. I do thank you for the conversation we had today on the phone and as I stated, please feel free to contact me personally as I DO listen and care about our guest satisfaction and strive to provide an exceptional and memorable trip to our Inn. Kind regards!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We recently took a group of 21 adults with disabilities, along with 7 staff, to Pirate Dinner Adventure and Disneyland and stayed at the Candy Cane Inn. Honestly, I do not have anything but rave reviews for the staff, facilities, and amenities at this extremely convenient hotel.

We arrived to find the hotel grounds clean and beautifully landscaped, the rooms lovely, and all our room key envelopes labeled with the names and room numbers of our group members - a HUGE help for us - so different than the usual hoops that we have to jump through at check-in at other hotels. Per our request, all of our rooms were in a row and on the bottom floor - perfect!

The extended continental breakfast was absolutely sufficient for a good start to a busy day at Disneyland and seating was more than ample. The breakfast room staff was fantastic, as well. The entire staff was extremely courteous, friendly and accommodating.

The free shuttle was fantastic - on time, clean and warm (it was a cold, rainy day when we were there). There is also a fabulous little souvenir shop next door (ABC Market), which sells all kinds of Disney items at a hugely reduced price - something our group members LOVED!

Will absolutely return again in the summer and I will recommend the Candy Cane Inn to anyone going to Disneyland!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ellengruetz

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve your group and I was so very delighted to see them and how excited they were and enjoying their memorable trip. We appreciate your kind comments and Amy in reservations certainly did a wonderful job in having your rooms together and keys prepared. We do strive to provide these special and thoughtful details to ease what can be stressful when traveling with a group. Again, we appreciate your business and thank you! Kind regards.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This motel was amazing! The rooms were large and clean. The grounds were absolutely spotless….there are employees constantly walking around cleaning up! The landscaping (trees, bushes) makes the hotel feel very tucked away which is nice considering that it is RIGHT next door to the theme parks! They have a wonderful, friendly staff….friendly shuttle driver…I can’t say enough good things…their breakfast was perfect and had quite a variety, we were impressed! We came with a large group of disabled adults and when we pulled up they had our room keys ready and labeled…we were in our rooms within 5 minutes, all of us! If I had anything negative, it would be the breakfast room was small, but they had tables set up at the pool area so that made it ok…but if it were raining not sure how that would have worked. Thank you Candy Cane Inn for making our trip perfect!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. It was so nice to see the members of your group enjoying themselves and I am delighted that you were happy with your accommodations. We DO try and place groups together and have necessary preparation completed for a smooth arrival. Kind regards!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Superbly situated smaller Motel close to DISNEYLAND lovely clean rooms nice decor with two double beds per room..
Great pool and gardens plenty of parking and shuttle for the Magic Kingdom..great cared for motel and friendly attentive staff,,

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BBBuffSouthampton
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We appreciate your business and delighted that your experience was wonderful and you were able to enjoy our many amenities and clean hotel rooms. Kind regards!