“Overpriced!”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed at the Candy Cane based on the reviews and the fact that it could accommodate a family of five. I was really looking forward to this but was a bit disappointed.
The grounds are beautiful, not doubt about that. Breakfast is a bonus and definitely got you going in the morning (Coffee was terrible, no flavor but I like Starbucks!) There was a shuttle which was always on time and used by many. We did not use it much, just the odd time. The walk is only ten minutes but I realize that for various reasons some people want or need a shuttle.
My biggest complaint is the price. The rooms are average, just average, nothing more. Take away the grounds, the breakfast and the shuttle and you have a mediocre hotel. The carpets were not clean, the bathroom floor was dirty, no microwave, but the beds and pillows were fantastic. My daughter and her family had to have a premium room to accommodate all five of them. On top of that they had to rent a cot for $10 + tax a day!!!!!! Sleeping space should come with the room. We paid $179 a night plus the cot!!! Really? There was nothing exceptional about the premium room except a bit more space to fit the cot! Just a mediocre room. They try to justify the price by bringing breakfast to your door and include dvd's and a microwave. We did not go to Disneyland to watch dvd's in the room. This is not enough. We have stayed at Best Western Stovall's and had pretty much the same level hotel, with okay rooms and great pools and grounds, comparable breakfast and about the same distance from Disneyland (only much cheaper and they can't take 5 in a room). I have also stayed at the Ramada Plaza just around the corner, which was way cheaper, way cleaner, had family suites and came with a hot breakfast for everyone! The pool was not as nice at the Ramada but the kids actually preferred it because Candy Cane pool is too small!! Actually everyone in our party, 9 people without question preferred the Ramada Plaza on Katella. We only stayed at the Candy Cane because of reviews.
Oh well, I had an urge to stay at the Candy Cane and now I know. I'm not saying it's bad, don't get me wrong, it was comfortable and had some bonuses. Free parking was included, as it was at Ramada Plaza (not at Stovall's anymore). If Candy Cane was more reasonably priced then my review would have been better. Unless they drop the price I will not stay here next time I visit Disneyland. I'm going with 3 1/2 out of 5 because of price.

2  Thank RN57
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

First and foremost I would like to sincerely apologize that your stay was not to your expectations and I apologize for the items you noted. I do thank you for your response to my email I sent you and as I stated before we do listen to all comments and while we never want to disappoint our guests, we do value these opportunities to continue to train and grow our guest service. Thank you again for your business and kind regards!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

My wife and granddaughter and I stayed at the Candy Cane Inn the week before Thanksgiving and as usual, everything was fantastic. James greeted us at check in and every morning for breakfast. Our room was ready when we arrived at mid-day and was clean and comfortable. My wife and granddaughter enjoyed the pool and hot tub and the breakfast was a great way to start a long day of walking. I've talked to my wife about looking at other hotels in the area when we come to Disneyland but she refuses, saying she loves the Candy Cane Inn and I'd have to say that I agree. We both feel it's like coming home when we stay at Candy Cane.

2  Thank disneygpa
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Thank you so very much for being a loyal member of the Candy Cane Inn family. We DO appreciate your business and please feel free to contact me personally when planning you next trip “home” as it would by my sincere pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Warm regards!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

My family enjoyed the most wonderful stay at the Candy Cane Inn over Thanksgiving week. It was our first trip to Disneyland Resort and we couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. We upgraded to the premium 2-queen bed room and let me tell you, it was worth every penny! We were greeted by the friendly and helpful front desk staff who explained all of the amenities of the property and answered our questions. We were checked into room 245 which was beautiful, clean and chock full of fun surprises. The staff prepared a welcome basket packed with goodies including fresh baked cookies, popcorn and some cute little Mickey shaped candies. My son and I were celebrating our birthdays and they even prepared a special birthday surprise for us! Our beds were SO comfortable we almost slept through our alarm! Luckily our breakfast order was delivered directly to our room each morning or we may have just stayed in bed! We were able to enjoy our coffee and croissants while we were getting ready which made it so much easier to get to Disneyland right when the park opened! This is the best value when you take into account that breakfast and parking is included in the rate, plus the free Disneyland shuttle - I figured we saved at least $60 per day on those things alone! We took the shuttle to Disneyland and back a couple of times each day so our 5 year old son could have a mid-day nap. Priceless!!!
Also, they sell lots of great things at the front office including rain ponchos (it rained the 2nd day we were there) and its all way cheaper than buying in the parks! I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Candy Cane Inn! I'm so excited for our next trip. This was the first of many trips to Disneyland for our family - no question, we will always stay here!!!
Do yourself a favor - book your stay at the Candy Cane Inn! You'll thank me later!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Cyndi D
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your many kind comments regarding our property, and exceptional guest service. We are glad you enjoyed the many amenities our Premium rooms have to offer including the complimentary breakfast delivery. We have a wonderful team who take pride in their jobs and taking care of our guests and they too appreciate when folks take the time to write positive comments such as yours. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

The gentleman on the other end of the phone was so quiet, I could barely hear him. Unfortunately they are sold out for one of the four nights I wanted to stay...next time I will try to book a little earlier because I hear amazing things about this hotel!

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Libby L
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

First and foremost I sincerely apologize we were not able to accommodate your reservations. I do thank you for your comments and please don’t hesitate to contact me personally when you decide to book as I would be delighted to assist with reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

My daughter and I are Disney junkies and usually drive down from Los Angeles once a month. We decided to try staying overnight to avoid the midnight drive back home. Candy Cane Inn was recommended by another Disney junkie and we are sooo glad we stayed. everyone was very helpful and took great pride in their jobs. our room was very clean, the breakfast was a great start to our day, and the shuttle was a welcome site after walking around the parks all day. We are planning another stay in early 2014. Can't wait to return. I just wish Disney would grant a entry into Radiator Springs from the back of the property

Room Tip: our room was upstairs in the back and we didn't hear the Radiator Springs racers although the in...
1  Thank Nikki B
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your many kind comments regarding our property, service and amenities. We are glad you were recommended to us and that you enjoyed your stary. We have a wonderful team, who take pride in their jobs and taking care of our guests and they too appreciate when folks take the time to write positive comments such as yours. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would by my pleasure to assist with future reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have spent sometime online looking for a perfect hotel for our first family trip and was very impressed with the many praise reports i have read about Candy Cane, i over looked the comments about how unhelpful, abrupt, and short the staff could be and decided to call and make a reservation. I just got off the phone from reserving rooms for April and the gentlemen on the other end of the line was very short, spoke so quick I couldnt understand him, he was very unhelpful and rude to me...not a good start to a first family trip. Its kind of sad for a business owner with such a "great hotel" because you can't keep your eye on your straff all the time, and you expect they will provide WOW service too but thats not always the case. To the staff member who was rude to me I hope one day you own your own business, then you will understand the difference WOW service means! I may be continuing my search for a hotel

Room Tip: Cant comment on much more then my reservation as I won't be visiting until April 2014
2  Thank jwoodrow
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

First and foremost I sincerely apologize for your initial dealings with our reservations team. I do thank you for the conversation we had today on the phone and as I stated, please feel free to contact me personally as I DO listen and care about our guest satisfaction and strive to provide an exceptional and memorable trip to our Inn. Kind regards!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We recently took a group of 21 adults with disabilities, along with 7 staff, to Pirate Dinner Adventure and Disneyland and stayed at the Candy Cane Inn. Honestly, I do not have anything but rave reviews for the staff, facilities, and amenities at this extremely convenient hotel.

We arrived to find the hotel grounds clean and beautifully landscaped, the rooms lovely, and all our room key envelopes labeled with the names and room numbers of our group members - a HUGE help for us - so different than the usual hoops that we have to jump through at check-in at other hotels. Per our request, all of our rooms were in a row and on the bottom floor - perfect!

The extended continental breakfast was absolutely sufficient for a good start to a busy day at Disneyland and seating was more than ample. The breakfast room staff was fantastic, as well. The entire staff was extremely courteous, friendly and accommodating.

The free shuttle was fantastic - on time, clean and warm (it was a cold, rainy day when we were there). There is also a fabulous little souvenir shop next door (ABC Market), which sells all kinds of Disney items at a hugely reduced price - something our group members LOVED!

Will absolutely return again in the summer and I will recommend the Candy Cane Inn to anyone going to Disneyland!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ellengruetz

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve your group and I was so very delighted to see them and how excited they were and enjoying their memorable trip. We appreciate your kind comments and Amy in reservations certainly did a wonderful job in having your rooms together and keys prepared. We do strive to provide these special and thoughtful details to ease what can be stressful when traveling with a group. Again, we appreciate your business and thank you! Kind regards.