“Perfect family accommodation for Disneyland”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect family accommodation for Disneyland”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed at Candy Cane Inn in January 2014. The location is perfect for families going to Disneyland. The staff are friendly and helpful with a 24 hour front desk. There are laundry facilities that you can use with quarters, which is very handy. The included breakfast has plenty of variety and everything that you need to start the day. There is also a shuttle bus however we just walked as it is not far to disneyland. The only constructive criticism have about the room was that the mattresses in our room sunk in the middle so were a little uncomfortable. Overall this is fantastic and good value accommodation for your trip to Disneyland.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 750lucy
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us and we certainly appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel. I am glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast and our onsite laundry room! I do sincerely apologize that your bed was not to your satisfaction, and please note that my Housekeeping Manager and myself have personally walked our rooms to ensure all mattress are in perfect working order. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
SA
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We chose this hotel largely based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews on Tripadvisor. While there were some nice touches, overall we felt let down for reasons I will detail below.

The kids were delighted by the jar of candy canes and we enjoyed the friendly helpful receptionist (Alejandra if I recall correctly). However another guy on reception at a different time (do not remember his name) was verging on rude and dismissive.

We paid extra for a premium room, partly because it was described as quieter and partly because we thought the room service breakfast would help us on our way quicker in the mornings. Well firstly we thought the room was very small for a 4-sleeper. Secondly the "quieter" was clearly relative - I can imagine it's quieter than the rooms at the front but with all the rooms facing the parking lot, we were constantly bothered by noise from other guests, including late at night, and by the shuttle having to go through the parking lot every half hour till past midnight.

The breakfast idea was great in theory... but. Firstly the table is only big enough for 2 to eat at (even then it's a squash). Secondly breakfast only comes in 15-minute slots (once an hour so 6-6.15am, 7-7.15am etc). They warn you it may not be exactly on time and could be up to 15 minutes late. Of our 3 orders, two for the 6-6.15am slot and one for the 7-7.15am one, they arrived at 6.30am, 6.35am and 7.30am. Now this may not seem like a huge issue, but Disney opens on the hour so to only get breakfast half an hour before the park opens barely gives you time to wolf it down and rush off to the park in time for the opening. And the late breakfast arrival means you miss the on-the-half-hour shuttle. Our 3rd day therefore saw us wise up and order the 6am slot to comfortably make Disney at 8am... Oh yes and for some inexplicable reason there were never any coffee cups brought with the coffee and only 2 paper cups provided in the room so if you had used those the previous night you had to rinse them out and reuse them...while they would for example put 2 muffins or bagels on one plate so one person could eat on a plate and the other had to juggle with napkins as substitute plates... The food itself was quite nice but the breakfast experience all in all wasn't.

As for the other premium amenities, apparently the toiletries are better than other rooms. Free video rental is a nice idea but was never used after a tiring day at the park. The bucket of treats was ok (though the home-made cookies were underdone). I can't remember if there was anything else, as I said we mainly booked that room for quiet and room service breakfast...

A suggestion, a 6.30am shuttle on the days there is early admission at Disney might be useful (but only if you are not relying on your room service breakfast to reach you in time to make it...)

All in all we found the stay pretty disappointing versus our expectations and if we went back to Anaheim would probably look at staying elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank sjsa
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
I would like to sincerely apologize that your stay was not to your expectations and I thank you for your input. I have attempted to reach you through the TripAdvisor email system, however I have not heard back and wanted to respond. We do listen to all guest comments and while we never want to disappoint our guests, we do value these opportunities to continue to train and grow our guest service. I have personally spoken with my Housekeeping Manager and Breakfast Team, and we have discussed in length your comments and suggestions to ensure better delivery times and overall guest satisfaction. As for your suggestion regarding the early shuttle service, we thank you for your input and would like to let you know that we do provide an early shuttle service. The shuttle leaves a half hour earlier prior to Magic Morning days at Disneyland Park, which are every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays of each month. Thank you again for your business and kind regards!
Banff National Park, Canada
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Candy Cane Inn is the only Anaheim area hotel to stay in. So close to the park, no need to wait for shuttle, but it's a great option to have. Always welcoming ,have stayed here many times over the years. Love the pool area for breakfast, relaxing. Breakfast offering is great,everything you need to start the day right. Rooms and property always clean and we'll kept.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you so much for being a repeat member of the Candy Cane Inn family. We appreciate your business and kind comments regarding our property and team of service professionals. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!
Torquay
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My daughter and I visited the Disneyland parks and stayed at the Candy Cane Inn for two nights. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the pool area was satisfactory and I appreciated the healthier options on the breakfast buffet, especially when I knew that we'd be eating processed crap at the park. The hotel is close enough to walk to the parks, but we used the shuttle on the way home. It was easy and convenient. The only reason I gave it four stars out of five was because I was travelling as a single parent and a large, male staff member walked behind me for quite a period of time, as I labored with our luggage and he did not offer assistance. I even stopped and looked directly at him, but he walked on past. I would, however, stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank olipep
Thank you for staying with us and providing your valuable feedback. I am truly sorry for the incident that you noted, as Guest Service is of the upmost importance to us here at the Candy Cane Inn. We do listen to all comments and while we never want to disappoint our Guest’s, we do value these opportunities to continue to train and grow our guest service. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with future reservations. Kind regards!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This was our 2nd visit to Candy Cane Inn, as my 10-year old son insisted that we stay here again. We enjoyed another pleasant stay and we love that the hotel is quiet and extremely clean. The continental breakfast is delicious and plentiful. The hotel is within walking distance to Disneyland but we opted to take the wonderful shuttle that leaves every 30-minutes. We rented a car and there was ample parking during our stay.

There is a 7-11 next door and a Target about a mile down the street where we stocked up on snacks and drinks to keep in the medium sized mini fridge, located in each room. Each afternoon, we'd take a break from the parks and relax by the pool. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

If you're looking for an inexpensive, clean, close hotel to Disneyland, I can't say enough great things about the Candy Cane Inn. We will be back!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kairlotta
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for your gracious comments and being a loyal and repeat guest of the Candy Cane Inn, as we DO appreciate your business! Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with reservations. Warm Regards!
California
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I love the location of The Candy Cane. The hotel is nicely kept and staff couldn't make you feel more at home. The breakfast is a perfect mix for our family. I love the smallness of the hotel and the location of the pool. I love sitting in the pool area and chat with other travelers. You really don't need a vehicle if staying there since shopping and food are right there. As a mom traveling with kids I always feel totally safe there. This trip out room was very close to the front/shuttle area and I was worried about the sound but I was never woke up or noticed it and I am a light sleeper. I will stay here again and again!

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Tululahh
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us and I am happy that you enjoyed the Candy Cane Inn and your visit. We appreciate your kind comments and it is our pleasure to provide our guests with excellent customer service. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and future reservations. Kind regards!
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Arrived from a 13-hour flight on the morning of the 25th. Our room wasn't ready yet but the concierge was so kind to keep our bags and offered us breakfast even though we have not checked in yet. The complimentary bus ride to and from Disney was perfect and helpful after a tiring day at Disney. Also beside the hotel is the ABC Mart and 7-11 so picking up water, midnight snack and even a baby stroller in our case came in handy. Wife works perfectly well also. We got room 139 at the back of the property and surprisingly the wifi was fast. My daughter was down with cold and fever on our 3rd day and the hotel staff was so kind to assist us in getting a cab and letting us know which hospital to go to. Breakfast was plain but enough to give you a little bit of energy to start your day.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mai M
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your many kind comments regarding our property, service and amenities. We have a wonderful team, who take pride in their jobs and taking care of our guests and they too appreciate when folks take the time to write positive comments such as yours. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would by my pleasure to assist with future reservations. Kind regards!