“Great location for Disneyland”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
san francisco
“Great location for Disneyland”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

The hotel is clean and comfortable, but noisy due to the building materials (or lack thereof). We could hear people talking in normal voices right outside our room. The motel features a breakfast which is just pastries, etc. The rooms are comfortable but not outstanding- correctly priced given the location.

And it's all about location as the motel backs up to California Adventure. You can easily walk to the park entrance in under 10 minutes which is great because you can skip the shuttle bus. If you are on a budget and just want a great location, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Request one at the back of the hotel and on the second floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank costaricagregg
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor travelers. I am happy that you enjoyed our close location and comfortable rooms. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with reservations. Kind regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

We always stay at a Disney resort at Disney World. Here, just about five minute more walk to parks than the Disney hotels, much more inexpensive- and just as nice, just no mouse. A much longer walk to see an Angels Game, but doable. The Candy Cane Inn isn't terribly fancy, but clean and comfortable. A wonderful value hotel for your Disneyland visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dler
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We do believe in providing a quality product and exceptional guest service, while being mindful of our family and budget minded guests. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with reservations. Kind regards!
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Our family last stayed here in 2007. In 2007, we could find little fault in the Candy Cane Inn.

In 2014 we stayed here for six nights over the President's Day weekend. This hotel attracts budget conscious families who genuinely appreciate the breakfast included with the room rental.

We had a superior room that was a bit crowded with a cot - but the cleaning staff were good to make up the cot and turn it upright to create more floor space. Staff at the front desk are helpful and obliging.

Breakfast was simple, but filling enough. Cold cereal included fruit loops, raisin bran and granola (on all but the last morning). Bread and bagels for toasting and the usual donuts and danishes were available. Protein included cubes of cheddar cheese, cold boiled eggs, peach and raspberry Land O Lakes yogurt. Beverages included black tea, coffee, apple & orange juice. Whole bananas, apples and oranges were generally on offer too. Only four tables are inside the hotel so bring your hoodie to sit at one of the tables poolside in the fresh February morning air to eat your breakfast.

Gardens are lovely and maintained by a crew every weekday morning. The pool was quite small; the hot tub was hot.

My criticism with the hotel and why it no longer rates 5 stars is due to the fact that we routinely ran out of hot water while showering or bathing. This happened twice at 6:30 am in the morning and on two different occasions in the late afternoon. I called the front desk on two of the four occasions in which we ran out of hot water. The first time they thought perhaps we didn't know how to operate the shower properly. The second time the maintenance man said they had been receiving a lot of complaints at that time of the day (5 pm). He said it was just busy and to give the boiler time to warm the water up. If the Candy Cane Inn boiler cannot keep up with guest demand for hot water when the hotel is full, then they need to upgrade their boiler system.

The other hiccup I discovered more when I returned home. My sister had arranged to send a gift basket to our room on the Saturday and it was filled with food treats. She received a confirmation from FedEx that the package had been received on Saturday. The gift basket was left in our room sometime on Sunday after we returned from our Day at Disney. Why did the staff not deliver it to my room as soon as it was received? Or why not leave a message on the hotel phone? We had just one day to enjoy the treats - sure wish we had been given the basket the day before when the front desk received it.

Loved the location of the Candy Cane Inn to Disneyland - we generally walked but would utilize the hotel shuttle if the timing worked. Shuttles left the hotel at the top and 30 of the hour; and left Disneyland at 15 and 45 of the hour.

My suggestion to the Candy Cane Inn would be to add a curtain between the sink area and the sleeping area of the room. This was the design of the Caribbean Beach Resort at DisneyWorld in Orlando and provided a change room of sorts much utilized and appreciated by our family of four (with teenagers of the opposite sex)!

The hot water and the basket delivery issues aside, we were pleased enough with our stay at the Candy Cane Inn. My 17 year old said she would stay again because it was economically sound, great location to walk to Disneyland, the beds were comfortable and the sink was outside the bathroom so she could deal with cold showers! My 13 year old said he would certainly stay again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CagaryFamilyof4
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you so much for your Tripadvisor review and for speaking with me directly over the phone. As we discussed, we do appreciate guest feedback and all guest comments are very important to us here at the Candy Cane Inn. I am glad we were able to talk about our package delivery system and our hotels proper procedures and I do thank you for your understanding and kind comments about our other services and amenities. We do look forward to seeing you again and please don’t hesitate to call for assistance with new reservations! Kind regards!
Minnesota City, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

We checked in around 5pm. The staff were very helpful and informative. We stayed in a double room (2 queens), which was clean and comfortable. The hotel is only a couple blocks from Disneyland - so we walked there and back every day. Kids enjoyed the pool. Breakfast was plentiful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your positive comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We look forward to seeing you again and please feel free to contact me personally when your family is returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations, as well as discussing what our team can do to bring your next review up to a five. Kind regards!
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Just got back from staying four nights at the Candy Cane Inn. Just as my review before it was a wonderful stay. Rooms and grounds are clean, staff are friendly, beds are comfortable, it is reasonably priced, and its location is very convenient. I'd also like to mention that I had a few questions before my arrival and wrote an email looking for answers. My email was responded to within hrs instead of days like most other places. I also called to change my days and it was taken care of in minutes, very little waiting. I appreciate quick service. Only complaint I had with anything was the "do not disturb sign" wouldn't stay on the door. It was a little windy and i saw several lying on the ground around rooms and we would hear ours fall off and would have to go put it back on. A little annoying. But with that being the only thing and it being so minor we were very happy with our stay. Thank you to all the staff for a job well done. I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MsKizz
Thank you so much for being a repeat member of the Candy Cane Inn family. We appreciate your business and kind comments regarding our property and team of service professionals. I do apologize for the inconvenience of our do not disturb signs, and I will personally look into making the proper changes, as we DO listen to all guest comments, in order to better enhance our guest service. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!
San Clemente
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

We returned to Anaheim and based on our excellent experience with Candy Cane Inn on our previous visit, we again stayed there. And again it was excellent!

The rooms was, per our request, the same room we had last time and as last time the room was clean and comfortable. Housekeeping does a very good job keeping things very clean -- from rooms to the property exterior and even the laundry room. I didn't mention it last time, but there is at least one laundry room and we used it a lot. However, if you use the laundry room we did halfway down on the right, avoid the top right dryer. It does not generate enough heat.

The breakfast is good, but due to size constraints it can be a bit crowded to maneuver. WiFi works exceptionally well and the Disney shuttle is easy to use and always on time.

One of the best things at Candy Cane Inn would be the staff. Everybody is surprisingly friendly and the front desk staff most of all. If you need anything, always look for James. James is amazing and is always not only a wealth of knowledge, but far exceeds even the highest expectations in anything you ask of him.

How Candy Cane Inn can offer such a wonderful stay at such a reasonable price is nothing short of miraculous.It would be a big mistake to even think of staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Personally, I like about 1/3 of the way down on the right hand side on the first floor. It's cl...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank gdbill
Thank you for being repeat guests and I am happy that you enjoyed the Candy Cane Inn and your second visit with us. We have a wonderful team, including James, who take pride in their jobs and taking care of our guests and they too appreciate when folks take the time to write positive comments such as yours. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would by my pleasure to assist with future reservations. Kind regards!
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Going to stay at Candy Cane Inn next month.Erica was so nice and helpfull on reservation! Cant wait maybe ill upgrade my room! I hear good things about premium rooms! Disney resorts almost sold me but the reviews where awesome on this hotel,see u soon!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Dansophia
Thank you for sharing your positive comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We are glad you were able to make reservations with us and we look forward to seeing you soon. Please feel free to contact me personally as it would by my pleasure to assist with changing your reservation to our Premium room if you decide to upgrade. Kind regards!