“My 84 year old mom and I had a great time!”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #6 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was hesitant about staying here but it was recommended by a friend. We were pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoyed the Candy Cane! The free breakfast was plentiful and varied for us. The ladies who staff the morning breakfast are so friendly, helpful and sweet. They always had a kind word accompanied with a smile. What gems they are!
The front staff were terrific. They were always so patient, helpful and ready to supply information to me whenever i came in to ask questions. One morning i woke up with a migraine and went into the lobby to have a cup of free coffee since it was only 5:30. One of the front desk staff asked if i was ok because i looked a little shaky. Again, where do you find this level of attention and kindness?

As people have said it took only 10 minutes to walk to disney. We never had to use the bus.
Disneyworld has it all over disneyland so unfortunately we won't be coming back however i would recommend the Candy Cane.

Room Tip: A room on the 2nd floor is recommended if you are a light sleeprt.
1  Thank Jim_Claire
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your many kind comments regarding our property, and exceptional guest service. We are glad you were recommended to us by your friend, and that you enjoyed your visit. We have a wonderful team, including our Breakfast and Front Desk Staff, who take pride in their jobs and taking care of our guests and they too appreciate when folks take the time to write positive comments such as yours. We thank you again for staying with us, as we do appreciate your business. Kind regards!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is not our first rodeo at the Candy Cane Inn. We stay here because it is one of the best budget hotels in the Disneyland area and we don't feel like we need to pay a fortune for a place when we are only there when the park is closed (and typically less than that) to sleep and get ready.

This trip was like most others, clean rooms, convenience to the parks, etc., all those things that the Candy Cane Inn is known for. Unfortunately this trip we had a couple of issues with the shuttle service. I know, I know, it's free and the walk to the parks is not that bad. But we were at the parks because our daughter was dancing in the Dance The Magic parade and showcase. This means bringing what is usually unnecessary bags to the park containing several pairs of dance shoes, and at least 5 costumes.

Unfortunately, by the time she finished dancing there were no longer lockers in the parks available that could hold all of her gear. So, this means a quick shuttle ride back to the room to drop off said bags and another shuttle ride back to the park. When you're walking, on average, 9.4 miles a day in the parks for 4 days straight, saving this little bit of walking makes a difference in your comfort level. So, I stroll off to catch the shuttle leaving everyone in CA Adventure and the Shuttle is there! Only, instead of the regular shuttle, they bring the van, and it's full. So, now I either have to wait 30 minutes for her to return or walk back. Begrudgingly, me and three other are walking back.

Our last day at the park we attempted to ride the shuttle in again. The three of us go down and are immediately told by the bus driver that it's full. My wife says, "it's OK, we can stand," because we had to stand on the way to the park a couple of days earlier. But for some reason the bus driver was having none of that and told her it was a different bus (it wasn't) and made a bunch of excuses about why we couldn't stand. My wife was very upset and went to the front desk looking for the manager who told us that it's OK if we wanted to stand on the bus. We still don't understand why the bus driver was making a big deal about it considering he's the same guy that allowed us all to stand a couple days earlier. Magically (Disney magic?) the people inside shuffled around and found three seats for us to use, one lady even had the audacity to tell my wife, "we don't even want you on our bus." Our bus. Like she owned it or something. What a bunch of rude people. Even after all of that three more people came to the bus and somehow, without any weirdness, they all got seats. Awkward.

The only complaint I have about the room is the super loud A/C unit that every time it kicked on woke me up and the exhaust fan in the bathroom which sounded like a garbage disposal grinding up watermelon rinds. Avoid room 215 if those kinds of noises bother you.

2  Thank JimAtKSF
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us and providing your valuable feedback. I am apologetic for the incidents that you noted, as Guest Service is of the upmost importance to us here at the Candy Cane Inn. We do listen to all comments and while we never want to disappoint our Guest’s, we do value these opportunities to continue to train and grow our guest service. I would like to point out that our shuttle does make multiple runs when we are busy to and from the park, to accommodate all of our Guests. In addition our 8 passenger van runs twice a day during the Shuttle Drivers lunch and dinner breaks, so as to not inconvenience any of our guests by not providing transportation at all times. Again thank you so much as we certainly appreciate your business and appreciate your feedback. Kind regards!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Let me start off by saying that my husband rarely has a strong opinion about anything...very easy going guy. However, when we go to Disneyland, the ONLY place he will stay is at the Candy Cane Inn. We have stayed there many times and it is always great. They have improved on an already better than anywhere else breakfast...lots of variety and ambience. We love sitting by the pool surrounded by the lush, gorgeous foliage and feeding the birds as we eat our breakfast. The hotel is immaculately clean and has beautiful landscaping with a cobble stone parking lot. It is just so quaint! We love the convenience of the shuttle especially at the end of the day when our feet are killing us (but it is close enough to walk as well). Our son LOVED Fred the shuttle driver! He was very friendly and welcoming! Our biggest complaint this stay (and one that may cause us to try somewhere else), is that the pool is FREEZING cold and the hot tub is only a warm tub. When we are on vacation we really look forward to enjoying a nice pool area and hot tub as we do not have access to them where we live. We informed the front desk of our concern on our first day there and they said they'd have maintenance check on it. They may have, but it was never warmer. Needless to say, we were never able to use the pool. Our son, who will swim in anything, wouldn't get in. The other kids in the "hot tub" would say, "should we go get in the cold pool?, No way!" So most of the kids used the "hot tub" as a pool. Very disappointing. I can imagine that it is difficult to maintain just the right temperature with spring weather but this was beyond acceptable. Perhaps they are trying to save a few bucks on their heat bill so they can pay for all of the new extra's at breakfast? Aside from our pool issue, we had a great stay and would recommend this motel highly.

3  Thank kathyinaf
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

First and foremost I would like to sincerely apologize for the items you noted and I thank you for your valuable input. I have attempted to reach you through the TripAdvisor email system however have not heard back and wanted to respond. We do listen to all comments and while we never want to disappoint our guests, we do value these opportunities to continue to train and grow our guest service. With that said, I would like to point out that our Pool and Hot Tub are heated year round to 79-80 and 100-101 degrees per the Safety Code for the City of Anaheim. We always keep these temperatures to these standards and do not deviate from these. I do thank you again for your valuable feedback and please feel free to contact me personally should you be returning to the area as I would certainly like to assist you with future reservations and would like the opportunity to restore your confidence in our Inn. Kind regards!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Candy Cane Inn has been a family favorite for many years. We will head back there again this summer with out grandkids... again. Great pool and breakfast, private shuttle. Very comfortable, albeit slightly cozy rooms. The staff is great and the ground are well kept. A more affordable alternative to Disney magic that allows us more days to play.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the back
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jaxtravelz
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you so much for being a repeat member of the Candy Cane Inn family. We appreciate your business and kind comments regarding our property and team of service professionals. We look forward to seeing you again this summer and please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations and any requests you may have. Kind regards!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Our 2nd time at Candy Cane (went in 2006) also. We like it as the price is reasonable, clean, continental breakfast is great way to start day. Shuttle very 1/2 hour or 10 minute walk to Disneyland. Staff friendly, small convenience store for a few staples open anytime is good, food places across street, grocery store right next door. We recommend for families (pool, etc.). Good all around

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you so much for being a repeat member of the Candy Cane Inn family. We appreciate your business and kind comments regarding our property and team of service professionals. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with room reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here 2 nights for a quick one day visit before flying home. I chose Candy Cane due to the good reviews it gets on Trip Adviser. The stay was pleasant however bear in mind that this is a busy family orientated hotel. So be prepared for screaming kids and noise. The car parks are quite small and with the number of people that can't park their cars between the lines in the USA makes car parking difficult at times.

The shuttle to Disney was awesome and we had no problem with the staff at all. The breakfast was good and check in and out was easy.

It is a little on the pricier side for the room compared to some others only a hundred meters or so away but it's probably worth it for the location and services.

Overall I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Is M

Thank you so much for allowing us to be of service on your recent visit to the theme parks. We DO appreciate your business and the feedback provided allows us to adjust our operations accordingly. Kind regards!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We traveled to Disneyland with seven people... three of them grandchildren - ages 7, 3 and 8 months. The Candy Cane Inn is THE PLACE TO STAY!!! It is perfect. The rooms are modern, clean, well maintained and well serviced every day. Small but very adequate breakfast buffet is included. The pool and hot tub are just right for a dip. The grounds are immaculate. The desk and service staff were a joy to deal with. They have answers to all your questions and helped us find the nearest pharmacy for an emergency. The hotel property butts right up against Disneyland. It is literally a 7 minute walk or the hotel shuttle runs twice an hour. We will stay here again and will recommend it to everyone we know. Thanx for making our stay special. Sven 44.

Room Tip: With young children, first floor rooms are perfect - no worry about stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so very much for staying with us and sharing your wonderful comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Our team does an outstanding job in maintain our property and I sincerely appreciate the friendliness they possess and extend to our guests! Please feel free to contact me personally should you be returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!