“We will always stay here.”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here for the fourth time this past April.I have already re booked for February. We have always stayed in the Premium room and it is well worth it.The breakfast delivery is a nice touch,my daughter loves filling out the breakfast menu the night before! The extra space is really nice so you don't feel cramped.Everything is really clean which I love because I am picky about that.All of the staff are very kind and professional.this is the place to stay when visiting Disneyland.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sarah p
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you so very much for being a repeat member of the Candy Cane family and for sharing your wonderful comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We are glad you and your daughter enjoyed the many amenities our Premium rooms have to offer, including the complimentary breakfast delivery. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning, as I would be delighted to assist with reservations. Kind regards!

There are newer reviews for Candy Cane Inn

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice in the last 5-10 yrs when going to DisneyLand. The location is great! You can easily walk to the park. Our most recent stay was Christmas Eve and Christmas night. The hotel left us a gift bag which had a fleece blanket with the Candy Cane Inn logo on it. I was impressed with that. The rooms are always clean, comfortable, and nice, and the breakfast is also nice. Would always choose this hotel when going to DisneyLand!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank picklesandco
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you so very much for being a loyal member of the Candy Cane Inn family of repeat guests. We DO appreciate your business and look forward to you having another memorable visit. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind Regards!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have stayed at the Candy Cane Inn four times in the past year and today I booked our fifth visit to the Candy Cane Inn. We have stayed at other good neighbor hotels and believe the Candy Cane Inn fits our family the best. On our first visit we stayed in a standard room and were quite happy, free parking, free internet, and free breakfast. This is a huge value. Parking is $14 a day before tax at many hotels/motels. Internet is $9.95. The breakfast is what you make of it. There are plenty of "get you started" for a day at Disney options. They do a phenomenal job with their offerings considering their is no on site restaurant. They have a small gift/sundry shop on site and there is a mini mart next store. The shuttle and drivers are timely and more than considerate. Most all of the staff we have encountered are friendly and helpful. We've never encountered anyone rude, some are more warm than others. On our second stay we stayed in a Deluxe room. It was our least favorite room of all of our trips. It felt more cramped than the standard room and the fan in the bathroom was so loud my daughter would shower in the dark to avoid the noise. Small issue. On our third and fourth trips we've stayed in a premium room. The rooms are more spacious and having breakfast delivered to your room each morning is a wonderful luxury. Breakfast has always been delivered on time. The hotel staff that delivers breakfast is always warm and friendly. They whisper "good morning", hand you your breakfast and say "enjoy." I'm not aware of any other hotel/motel around Disneyland that does this, especially as part of your room rate. The only slightly negative things have been a smoker in a neighboring room that smoked outside at all hours and felt the need to talk on her cell phone while doing it. This was an inconsiderate guest, it happens. On our last visit we ran out of kleenex and nearly ran out of toilet paper one day, we called the front desk it was delivered immediately. These are such small things they are hardly worth mentioning other than to demonstrate how fast the staff took care of it. Prior to booking our next visit today, I looked at a number of other properties. When it came down to it I'm not willing to give up the things we love about the Candy Cane for a newer hotel. A final thing to mention is that we have always felt very safe at the Candy Cane. We stayed in a five star good neighbor hotel down the street and watched a fight break out outside of the ball room. There was only one person at the desk and no security. There are plenty of places to stay around Disneyland, more expensive and less expensive than the Candy Cane, I don't believe there are any properties that offer the value, consistency, and quality staff as The Candy Cane Inn.

Room Tip: We like the premium rooms best.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank mitrayoga
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you so very much for being a repeat member of the Candy Cane family and for sharing your wonderful comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Our team does an outstanding job in maintaining our property and I sincerely appreciate the friendliness they possess and extend to our guests! We are also glad you enjoy the many amenities our Premium rooms have to offer, including the complimentary breakfast delivery. Please feel free to contact me personally prior to your next visit with us, as I would be delighted to assist with any needs or requests you may have. Kind regards!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Located a bare 10 minute walk from Disneyland, this is an excellent family hotel.
Large, clean rooms, complimentary breakfast - good quality, swimming pool and a complimentary shuttle to Disneyland that leaves every half hour and picks one up from the parks till 12.45 am. Wow.
Lots of greenery and flowers on the property and efficient front desk, just adds to the icing on the cake.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and we certainly appreciate your kind comments regarding our property and amenities. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

After reading all the great reviews on Trip Advisor I booked four rooms for my family (2 deluxe, 1 standard &1premium) all of which were entirely suitable for our mixed family party. All the rooms were extremely well presented, clean and we were all impressed with the quiet, garden ambience of the Candy Cane as well as the exceptional effort all the staff went to make sure our stay was fabulous. Special thank you to Erika and the other front desk staff for their patience meeting our needs - early arrivals, car parks, extra nights and late check outs to name a few! We made full use of the shuttle, pool, spa, breakfast and laundry and appreciated all the little extras that this 'motel' offers complimentary where others charge extra. Although so close to a Disneyland it was great to have option to take the shuttle or walk and the free car parking was also appreciated when at the last moment we decided to hire a car.
I hope that the Candy Cane Inn can continue to provide such exceptional service. Our stay there was the 'icing on the cake' of a great USA holiday.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Hermione62
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your many kind comments regarding our property, complimentary amenities and exceptional guest service. We are glad you agreed with our TripAdvisor reviews, and that you enjoyed your visit. We have a wonderful team, including Erika, who take pride in their jobs and taking care of our guests and they too appreciate when folks take the time to write positive comments such as yours. We thank you again for staying with us, as we do appreciate your business. Kind regards!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I love this hotel. After trying others in the area, I love it even more. Nothing is super amazing, but nothing is disappointing either. The rooms are basic, but clean and comfortable.Free breakfast buffet with plenty of options. Great customer service beyond what any of the other hotels provide, this is what they are good at. While waiting for a hotel shuttle for a different hotel we were staying at during our last visit, I saw the candy cane shuttle pick up 3 times at Disneyland and wished we had stayed there again. But,now I won't stay anywhere else. It is next door to Disneyland so you can just walk back and forth if the shuttle is full or not ready when you are. The front desk held our bags all day for us before we could check in, so we could goto Disney. They even gave my son a glowing balloon that a guest could not take on their plane. When we left we gave it to them to give to another child. We spent most of our waking hours in Disney, but were very happy with our home base.

Room Tip: Closer to the pool area gets you closer to breakfast and the shuttle.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lori M

Thank you so very much for staying with us and sharing your wonderful comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Our team does an outstanding job in maintaining our property and I sincerely appreciate the friendliness they possess and extend to our guests! Please feel free to contact me personally should you be returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This place is great to stay. I always wanted to stay here because of the review and I a glad I did. The room was nice and had all of the amenities I needed. As a girl I need a lot of counter space and this I did have :-)

The breakfast was fine, but it is heavy on the carbs. The lady at the front desk taught us the trick of warming up the hard boil eggs. Hot water in a cup .. duh!

Good luck on finding a place to eat because it will get packed inside and out. Love the fact that there is a shuttle that runs every 30 minutes to the park (Please tip your driver). You do need to get there a little early before they leave because the bus will get full. We stayed there during Mickey's Halloween party and all we had to do was call the hotel and ask them to send a shuttle driver to pick us in a small van since this was after hours. This is good customer service. I saw people working during the whole day and when our toilet needed a plunger at 6am they sent a maintenance guy.

Con - we had someone who thought it was fun at night to be honking! They were trying to get the attention of the people in the room next to us; not the hotels fault but the walls are not that thick. When someone would take a shower in the room next to us I could hear the shower very well and it woke me up.

I like to jump around hotels in Anaheim and I would definitely stay here again.

Please note this is a motel and not a hotel so when you step out of your room you are outside.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank del3ose
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit and I am pleased that you concurred that our TripAdvisor reviews were right on the money. We do aspire to deliver a quality product and exceptional friendly service to each and every guest that stays with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Kind regards!