“Great place to stay for disney. Terrific value.”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Great place to stay for disney. Terrific value.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights as a family of four. Disney is a 5 min walk from the hotel but there is a free shuttle. Hotel was very clean and kept up to date. Free breakfast which was plentiful and service was wonderful. I would not hesitate to return. Perfect location and a terrific value.

• Stayed July 2014
7 Thank Mvartuli
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and we certainly appreciate your kind comments regarding our property and amenities. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn on our trip to Disneyland in April. We chose this hotel mostly based on Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. The room was comparable to rooms at a Moderate Resort at Walt Disney World. We had a room on the second floor about half way back from the street and it was very quiet. A few previous reviewers had mentioned the noise from the shuttle bus but we did not hear it. We were able to purchase our Park Hopper passes in the lobby and that was very convenient. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and though it was crowded at times, we always found a seat out by the pool. The breakfast staff was very friendly. The hotel was close to the entrances to the parks so we were able to walk over most of the times and take the shuttle bus when we wanted. Plus we were close enough to go back for rests during the heat of the afternoon. We would definitely stay here on our next trip to Disneyland.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank zinguy53
Thank you for staying with us on your first visit and we appreciate your kind comments regarding our property, staff and services. I am pleased you agree with our Trip Advisor reviews and that you were not disappointed with your stay. We continue to enhance our Expanded Continental Breakfast and I do thank you for the kind comments about our breakfast staff, as the ladies do a wonderful job and they deserve kudos! Please feel free to contact me when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is an excellent place to stay when visiting Disneyland or Disney California Adventure. It costs just a fraction of the price of the Disney hotels, and operates a shuttle bus to and from the parks every 30 minutes. However, the park entrances are just an easy 10 minute walk away so we didn't even bother with the bus. The hotel itself is a motel (open-air plan where you can park your car outside your room door) and its very clean and well-kept. The beds were comfortable, the pools spotless and pretty, and you can even watch the Disney fireworks from the 2nd floor walkways in the evening. A very adequate breakfast was included in the room cost and we were able to quickly fill ourselves up with a good choice of bagels, pastries and fruit before hitting Disneyland. I'd highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants easy access to the Disney parks, without the premium of the Disney hotels.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms face onto a quiet courtyard, but a few have windows onto the busy main road. These...
2 Thank Muireann77
Thank you for staying with us and I am happy that you enjoyed the Candy Cane Inn and all the complimentary amenities we have to offer. We appreciate your kind comments and it is our pleasure to provide our guests with excellent customer service. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with future reservations. Kind regards!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Travelled from Perth, Australia. Walking distance to Disneyland, plus a regular shuttle. Breakfast was good. Pool facilities were small and simple but kids had fun. Disappointed with the room. We had booked for 2 x adults and 3 x kids. The trundle for our 3rd child was not set up. We were then told we would need to pay extra for this (even though our paid booking was for 5 people). The trundle was eventually delivered to the balcony outside of our room. We had to shift furniture in the room to even fit this trundle in. After a long flight from Australia this was so disappointing. Staff at reception were not apologetic and were not very helpful. Frustrating that they would accept a booking for a family of 5 when there was not enough space in the room to accommodate us all, especially when there were so many hotels we could have booked. Next time we would pay the bit extra and stay at one of the Disneyland Resort Hotels.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank M D
Thank you for staying with us and I am sincerely apologetic for the incident that you noted, as Guest Service is of the upmost importance to us. Your reservations were made through the Walt Disney Travel Company and apparently there had been misinformation provided. When this situation was brought to my attention I immediately and personally sent a complimentary rollaway bed, free of charge for your entire stay, in the spirit of hospitality. Thank you again for staying with us and kind regards.
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is by far one of the most enjoyable and best value place we ever stayed in.
We found this place on tripadvisor and saw all of the great reviews but they are all really true.

The place is very close to Disney parks and honestly we felt like it was part of Disney, not only because it close but also because of the standard of the service. We had a problem with our toilet so we called the reception and in 2 minutes a maintenance worker came and fix it. he then call to housekeeping and in 2 minutes someone came and clean the toilet. I never got so fast and efficient service.

The room is very nice and big enough for the 4 of us. the breakfast is very good as well and have variety of choices: Muffins, Bagels, croissant, Bread, fruit, cereal, cheese, boiled eggs, coffee and juices.
The shuttle to the Park is great and always on time. we didn't thought that we will use it but at the end we used it all the time in our 3 nights stay.

Do your self a favor and if you like us couldn't choose where to stay in Anaheim, book this place and for sure you will not regret it !!!

6 Thank Itay D
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit and I am pleased that you concurred that our TripAdvisor reviews were right on the money. I appreciate all your wonderful comments regarding our property, service and complimentary amenities, and I am delighted you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to contact me personally should you be returning to the resort area, as it would be my pleasure to assist with future reservations. Kind regards!
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 4 July 2014

After reading all the positive reviews we decided to stay here on our recent trip to Disneyland. We had yet to find the perfect hotel for when we go to Disney and I'm happy to say we've now found it! My husband and I absolutely loved everything about this hotel. Staff is friendly and courteous. The rooms are incredibly clean and comfortable. I slept better than I've ever slept in a hotel. I never heard kids running and screaming or doors slamming. The breakfast wasn't a full, hot breakfast, but the food was quality (I think they use Einstein Brother's bagels?) and everything was delicious. The ladies tending to the breakfast did an outstanding job at keeping everything clean and filled. We ate outside by the pool each morning and enjoyed the beautiful landscaping. We arrived before check-in, but were allowed to park our car (which is free!) and were given a temporary pass to ride the shuttle. We don't typically like using shuttles because they are often over crowded and make multiple stops. Not this one! They were always on time, the shuttle was clean, the drivers were friendly and they went directly to and from the park. We used it several times and we also walked a few times. It's and easy, 10 minute walk, but after being at the park all day the shuttle was a nice option. I'm so happy we found this place! It truly made our Disney trip even more enjoyable!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Michelle P
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your many kind comments regarding our property, complimentary amenities and exceptional guest service. We are glad you agreed that our TripAdvisor reviews were right on the money, and that you enjoyed your visit. We at the Candy Cane Inn strive in providing a clean comfortable and nicely decorated guestroom with a strong emphasis on friendly and caring team members. Our ambiance and peaceful setting is relaxing and enjoyed by our guests and we are glad that you enjoyed too. We hope to see you again and please contact me should you be returning, as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We just returned from a great 4-night stay. The rooms were clean with a fridge and safe. The beds were really comfortable too. The shuttle to Disney ran on the hour and half hour to Disney and the quarter hours coming back. Very convenient with super friendly drivers. If you want to walk, it was about 10 minutes walking slow at the end of the day. The breakfast was convenient: Bagels, muffins, Danish, fruit, cereal, cheese cubes, hard boiled eggs, coffee and juice. Easy way to start the day and easy to bring back to the room. I always appreciate coffee in the lobby and the cucumber water was nice too. The little shop of things you might need was not overpriced and their water is half the price of Disney so buy before you leave. Everyone was so nice. My daughter loved the pool and there were plenty of pool towels. There is a strip mall with several food choices across the street so it was easy to have lunch by the pool. We left the Candy Cane Inn to stay in LA at a hotel with more stars and I have to say I liked the Candy Cane Inn better. Overall great experience! We will always stay here for Disneyland!

1 Thank Sue S
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your many kind comments regarding our property and guest service. We are glad you enjoyed the many complimentary amenities we have to offer including our breakfast, cucumber water and our free exclusive shuttle to the parks. I am delighted you will stay with us again and please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!