“Great place!”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
USA
“Great place!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Found this place through Trip Advisor and really glad I did. Very comfortable and clean, with great amenities. Can't go wrong here. Shuttle made it very convenient to go to Disneyland et al. Also walking distance to a bunch or places to eat.

Room Tip: There isn't an elevator so if you can't deal with steps ask for a first floor room. We we...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your kind comments regarding our property, staff and services. I am pleased you agree with our Trip Advisor reviews and that you were not disappointed with your stay. Please feel free to contact me when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Poway, California
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Hotel is spotless. Staff is helpful. The shuttle to Disney every half hour, however you are close enough to walk. They have a pool and spa both were clean. The continental breakfast was ample and served pool side.. A real find...

1 Thank barpatl
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and we certainly appreciate your kind comments regarding our property and amenities. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Reviews are true. Really nice, and a good value. Had premium rooms, really nice with connecting doors. Had turn down service, never happened even after I noticed guest services. Had a clogged toilet, maitenance were there i 5 minutes even at 7 am. Would have been nice if they left the sleeping women in the beds vacate to the other room before they entered - but at least they came really fast, fixed and cleaned. However, the plusses cancels these incidents out. Fun breakfast delivered to out rooms.. Appreciated the dvd and vcr (!) free rentals. Kind of a retro-hotel, but very well kept and not out dated.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you so very much for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit to our Inn. We appreciate the feedback you have provided and I have personally reviewed with our management team as guest satisfaction is paramount to us. We DO listen to our guests and I sincerely apologize for your not receiving turn down service even after it was brought to our attention. Kind regards!
New zealand
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great place to stay, very close to disneyland and amenities ie, superette, food outlets, advise you to bring own kettle/jug as they only have percolators in the rooms. Clean tidy rooms that were serviced everyday.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. We appreciate your comments, business and our housekeeping team certainly does a wonderful job in keeping our hotel very clean. Kind regards.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just returned from a month in the USA. The Candy Cane Inn was by far our favourite hotel. Such a beautiful place! The rooms are huge and the wonderful staff are so friendly and helpful. Breakfast by the pool was a great way to start each day. Having a laundry on site was a huge bonus too. We are used to that in Oz but it turns out that is not the norm in the USA, so it was very welcome. The shuttle to the two theme parks was terrific too. Yes, it's only a 5 minute walk but when you have been on your feet for 12+ hours, it was a relief not to have to hobble back to the hotel! And I should mention how comfortable the beds are:) Supersoft pillowtop beds that you will sink into. Also, directly across the road is the ART (Anaheim Resort Transportation) bus stop. Catch the #18 to Knotts Berry Farm. Too easy! This hotel is in a great spot. Transportation nearby, 711 for some additional groceries and a few eating places across the road. We'll be back to Anaheim one day and will definitely stay at the Candy Cane Inn. You should too!

Room Tip: Deluxe two queen bedded room on the second floor on the south side of the property offer a great vie...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kellie D
Thank you so much for staying with us and I am delighted that you found our Inn your favorite hotel in the USA. This is certainly a testament to our team of ladies and gentlemen and I sincerely thank you for this! Yes, our location is convenient to dining, shopping and many bus stops for ease in traveling to many places. And yes, our exclusive complimentary shuttle to and from the theme parks is a sight many enjoy after spending many hours enjoying the parks. Kind regards!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I plus another couple stayed here a night last weekend to visit Disneyland. The location is great, walking distance to Disney and there are plenty of places to eat nearby. The only downside of the location is if you stay in a room that faces the busy Disney Drive like we did. It was a Friday night and we could hear people on the sidewalk about 10 feet from our window all night long. Be sure to request a room away from the street!

We had a room with two "Queen" beds, but FYI, they are not actually queens, more like Full beds. Not a big issue for us, but it is a bit misleading. We actually measured the width, only about 55 inches instead of the standard 60. The beds were pretty uncomfortable, extremely firm, but the AC worked really well and the room was clean except for a couple of bugs flying around. In room w-fi was free, but incredibly slow.

This hotel does offer some really great perks for those visiting Disney. They have a free shuttle to take you to and from the park, although, I think it is faster to walk. They also have free parking which is great for people like me who are visiting from nearby Los Angeles. They let us leave our car in the parking lot even after we had checked out since we were spending that day at the park. This was greatly appreciated. We also left our bags with them, but it did take about 25-30 minutes to get our bags back once we returned at the end of the day. Not sure why it took so long.

Free Continental breakfast was better than expected. Bagels, bananas, apples, cereal, muffins, coffee, juice, hardboiled eggs, yogurt, there should be enough options for everyone in your group. We only saw the pool while eating breakfast, it was small but looked clean with plenty of chairs around.

I would recommend this hotel, but I think the rating on TripAdvisor is a bit too high. As long as you get a room away from the street, you will be fine!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bffchic22
Thank you so much for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit to the theme parks. We appreciate your business and feedback regarding our Inn and your stay. I have spoken with our Serta Manufacturer who confirmed that our mattresses are truly Queen sized and we also did random measurements and confirmed they are 60” width by 80” in length. Now, they are a Double Pillow Top mattress and there may be a slight variance as the “pillow top” may move and I apologize if they were too firm for your personal liking. In regards to the noise you encountered, I am extremely sorry and while we certainly hope that other guests and folks are mindful while walking past a hotel, we would certainly attempt to move any guest that is unhappy with their room placement. Again, thank you so much for your kind comments and know that we do listen to guest feedback as strive to provide exceptional guest service and satisfaction. Kind Regards!
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just returned from a 3-day stay at this wonderful hotel. We arrived too early Friday morning to check in, but reception suggested we store our bags and take advantage of all the amenities at the hotel. We bought our Park-Hopper tickets right there at the desk, changed our clothes and off we went - all within an hour of arrival. I'd noted in my reservation that my granddaughter was travelling with me (recent college graduate and 22nd birthday) When we got to our room later that day there was a personal welcome basket filled with goodies for her. The room was tastefully decorated with wooden headboards, Hawaiian inspired bedspreads and pretty berber carpet, with wooden plantation shutters on the windows (that you could actually open!) Oh, and hanging in the closet were 2 cotton hotel robes - for use during our stay and/or purchase. The in room coffee bar had lots of regular and decaf coffee, plus 4 different varieties of teas AND almond biscotti. There were always 4 big fluffy bath towels in the bathroom, and the bath accessories included, not only the usual, but also oatmeal exfoliating soap, glycerin facial soap, a loofah hand mitt and a small box with an emery board, cotton balls and qtips. And the complimentary breakfast buffet - oh, my - juice, cold and hot cereal, fruit, pastries, bagels and bread, hard-boiled eggs, cheese cubes and yogurt. (And, if you like, they'll deliver your breakfast order to your room as early as 6am) What I've mentioned so far are the "things" at this terrific gem - what sets it apart is the staff - always smiling, accommodating and genuinely friendly. From the breakfast/cleaning staff to the reception desk clerks to the shuttle bus driver - I forgot to mention that the Candy Cane Inn has a complimentary shuttle bus - exclusive non-stop hotel/park/hotel. Oh, my, I know I've gone on and on but I was so very impressed with this hotel - as a retired international airline employee I've stayed in hotels around the globe - from hostels to 5 star establishments - this hotel and it's staff did not meet my expectations - it FAR exceeded them. Thanks Candy Cane for making this a wonderful trip - see you soon :)

Room Tip: Upper level balconies have a great view of the fireworks :)
1 Thank seagal100
Thank you for staying with and sharing your kind comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I am delighted that your granddaughter enjoyed the goodies and our entire team appreciates the wonderful feedback you have provided. We certainly attempt to provide many complimentary amenities for our guests and take into consideration most are family travelers and we are mindful of this. Please feel free to contact me personally should you be returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!