“The best value Disney stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
London
“The best value Disney stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Last year we took three rooms at the Grand Californian (not in any way a grand hotel). By the time we had paid for room and board, park passes, magic hour upgrades, photo pass, a ton of character dining I was told we had spent circa $10k in 3 days. My 4 yr old's joy at all things Mickey was worth every penny, but the cost was crazy.

We didn't return to the Californian this year because of the cost. I am not sure that this was a good decision, however if you want to save nearly $500 per night per room, then The Candy Cane Inn is a fairly painless way to do it.

The Candy Cane is a classic American motel located immediately behind the Cars ride and a 15 minute family-speed walk from the park entrance. The motel has an excellent shuttle bus every 30 minutes.

They are very friendly, helpful and fully understand that their survival depends on good reviews, which is how we selected this motel. There is a pool and car parking outside the rooms. Breakfast is served by the pool and a simple basket is available for the premium rooms.

If we return to Disney again I will push my wife to book one of the on-park hotels and to hell with the cost, but I will have fond memories of The Candy Cane ad I urge you to stay there if you can't stomach the unnecessary expense of the Disney 3.

By the way, we spent 3 days at the Contemporary earlier this year in Orlando. Worth every cent. Much better than the Anaheim park experience.

Top tip - drive to the Disney Downtown from the motel and valet park

Only gripe - painfully slow internet

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ChrisRadford-J
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and providing fellow TripAdvisor travelers with your review of our property, guest service and amenities. We do aspire to provide exceptional guest service and product while being mindful of family travelers on a budget. Kind regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
Downers Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I've stayed in good neighbor hotels 3 times and, like they say, the third time's the charm! This is by far my favorite in Anaheim. My daughters, sister, and I shared a room and it was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was fantastic! We were able to sit by the pool every morning and enjoy some delicious food that would have cost a fortune had we eaten every morning in Disneyland!! We never thought we'd need the bus since it's a short walk to the parks, but we ended up taking it several times! The grounds were lovely and the staff was so accommodating and friendly. We even received a nice surprise for my daughter who recently got married - a rose and some yummy cookies. Keep up the good work, Candy Cane Inn! I'm going to tell all my Chicago friends about you!

Room Tip: Loved our room on the 2nd floor facing the Disneyland fireworks! But any room is good.
1 Thank Chris K
Thank you so very much for staying with us and for sharing your wonderful comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I am delighted that your daughter enjoyed her goodies and our entire team appreciates the wonderful feedback you have provided. We can’t wait for you to be back with us again and please don’t hesitate to contact me personally should you need any special requests or anything else I may be able to assist you with. Kind regards!
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is our second trip to the Anaheim area, and last time we spent it at Paradise Pier. We needed something that was a bit more economical so we decided to give the CCI a try.

When we visit Disney World, we always stay at a Disney hotel because it's part of the experience for us. And it was with some trepidation that we chose a non-Disney hotel for this trip. I cannot say enough positive things about this place!

The hotel was spotless, the grounds charming, and the service friendly and helpful. We were fortunate enough to have a housekeeper, Mary, who always had our room cleaned early and it was spotless. Always had a smile on her face every time we said good morning. In fact, everyone was so pleasant and helpful. Didn't matter who it was, they said good morning and asked how you were.

The continental breakfast was more than ample for our stay. Everything was fresh and tasty. One day I wasn't feeling well and they gave my husband a bagel for me to have for lunch.

We didn't use it often but the shuttle service was nice to have if needed. But the walk wasn't long and quite pleasant. It's located about 15 minute walk from the gates of DL.

I would absolutely have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone coming to the area and we would definitely return.

Thanks CCI for helping create a phenomenal holiday!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for visiting with us for the first time and sharing your many kind comments regarding our property, complimentary amenities and exceptional guest service. We have a wonderful team, including our housekeeping staff, who take pride in their jobs and taking care of our guests and they too appreciate when folks take the time to write positive comments such as yours. We thank you again for staying with us and please don’t hesitate to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with reservations. Kind regards!
Elk Grove, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I took my family for a few to celebrate my Birthday. The room was great and there were four adults. It offered a nice size pool and jacuzie. With each morning a continental breakfast with OJ, apple juice and coffee, fresh fruit, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, rolls, and other pastrys, also yogurt, cheese,hardboiled eggs, and dry cereal and milk. We had a great breakfast. The big green shuttle bus ran every half hour. There is even a laundry on site for your convenience just outside the room. Everyone had a wonderful time even this young senior, never too old to be a "Kid"

Room Tip: the second floors have no elevator they said next year its comming.
1 Thank hsplain
Thank you for staying with us and I am happy that you enjoyed the Candy Cane Inn and all the complimentary amenities we have to offer. We appreciate your kind comments and it is our pleasure to provide our guests with excellent customer service. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with future reservations. Kind regards!
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Also follow all the reviews and stay a week at the end of July in this hotel during our Southern California visit. We used to stay at Fairfield Inn by Marriott across the street from Disney. After comparing our experience, I think the reason for this property to get such a high score is because you get the most for the price you pay for - frequent shuttle bus (which is rare for properties within 15 miniutes walking distance), continental breakfast with enough choices, clean room (you are allowed to add one rollaway bed in the double room which most chain hotels don't allow), enough in room amenties (coffee makers with coffees, shampoo, soaps, etc), one free parking space, two convenient store just right next to the property, some value diners across the street (Anaheim Plaza with Chinese food, Mexican food, etc), self laundry facility (3 washers and 4 dryers), on-property Automatic Machine selling soft drinks and snacks, TV with Disney channel, and responsive front desk. This is a good deal for most of us who travel on budget. Therefore, instead of paying a huge premium for the Disney Resort properties, I would stay here again next time and use the money saved to have a good meal at Blue Bayou in the Disneyland or buy the kids some cute Disney T shirts.

Room Tip: Please ask for a room on the first floor near the front desk. This will save you some walking to th...
1 Thank orangeyellow
Thank you for allowing us to be of service during your recent visit to Anaheim. We do appreciate your business and I am so glad you were able to enjoy our many complimentary amenities we have to offer at the Candy Cane. I am delighted you will stay with us again and please feel free to contact me personally when you are returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Candy Cane Inn...literally the 7th or more time we have stayed at this property. WE LOVE IT! This time, we stayed in one of the premium rooms at the back of the property that has a little more room. In addition, when you stay in those rooms, you can have breakfast delivered to your room! Pretty cool. Every night, my mom would put out the breakfast order, and every morning, at the requested time, the food was delivered in a large basket. Very nice, especially since my mom uses a walker and getting up to breakfast is a chore. The rooms as always comfortable and the beds sleep well. The bathroom is not large, but there is plenty of room. There was a large counter space outside the bathroom with a small fridge and microwave. There was a small table with two chairs in the room as well. We love that the Candy Cane Inn has a shuttle to Disneyland that runs every half hour. They will even run early or late based on park hours. The pool area with hot tub is great. It is such a family friendly hotel. it is easy to love it. Breakfast included donuts, muffins, bagels, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, juices, cereal and milk. The staff is always wonderful at this hotel. James at the front desk will do anything to make your stay better, as will any of the staff. There is a small gift shop up front for any last minute gifts. The value, location, and the quality of Candy Cane Inn make it the place to stay in Anaheim. Only about 750 steps to the ticket booth at Disneyland...and a shuttle service? You can not go wrong staying at the Candy Cane Inn.

Room Tip: depending on what is important to you, but there are about 3 levels of room sizes and perks!
1 Thank twcsmom
Thank you so very much for being a repeat member of the Candy Cane family and for sharing your many wonderful comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I am delighted you and your family enjoyed all of the complimentary amenities that we offer with our Premium rooms, including the breakfast delivery. Thank you for your kind comments about our team as they do an outstanding job in maintaining our property and I sincerely appreciate the friendliness they possess and extend to our guests! We look forward to seeing you again soon and please feel free to contact me personally when returning, as I would be delighted to assist with reservations. Kind regards!
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We've stayed with my wife and three kids, great place, very comfortable...sooooo close to Disney!!! Great location!!!
The shuttle back & forward to Disney is a great solution to avoid traffic and parking!
Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Roadrunner2772
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us and we certainly appreciate your kind comments regarding our property and amenities. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!