“First Impressions are EVERYTHING.”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #6 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 24 March 2009

We are Disneyland Annual Pass Holder swho for the past 5 years have stayed at the Grand Californian Hotel. We have heard many great things about the Candy Cane Inn from friends and travel associates so we thought wed break away from the Californian and try this little hotel in May for 9 nights. First of all I tried to book a 9 night stay in one of the Premium rooms online but their booking engine was not working so I called the Hotel directly. The lady with whom I spoke with and made the reservations with seemed very rushed and iritated that I had called. I tried to make a request and she seemed very "put out" and seemed as if she didnt care. This is not a good way to treat a future customer and I will be canceling my reservation and going back to the Disney Hotels where they respect their customers. Sorry Candy Cane but Im not going to spend the amount of money you ask for a premium room to just be disrespected.

Allen

3  Thank toughwaters
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2009

I completely concur with your comments and service of this nature is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. I am very happy that after I responded to your email in a prompt and sincere manner that you have decided to keep your reservation at our Inn. Issues of this nature are very important and all that a General Manager can ask is that you bring your issue forward and given an opportunity to rectify the situation. I do thank your for the kind comments in the email as I DO strive to run a "higher than standard" operation. Warm regards and I look forward in meeting you in May!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,834)

Reviewed 23 March 2009

Our first stay at CCI, we have always wanted to stay here....as avid travelers to Disneyland, we have stayed in 9 of the Disneyland area hotels.

First impression:
Cute, cute, cute...and so quiet!!! Like a gem in the middle of a wild and crazy...theme area? hehe.....no really, this place was so peaceful, walking around it was quiet..although the screams from California Adventure were just right enough to make us want to head off the Disneyland!! :)

Check in/front desk:
Nice people, candy cane pens. Even though the computers were frozen when we checked in they were still nice and got us up to our rooms quite quickly.

Gift shop:
Very minimal, expected some more pool supplies...maybe they were just short of things this week. Suggest you bring your own floaties/pool toys.

The grounds:
Beautiful.....cobblestone driveway, with bountiful flowers, plants, trees and hanging baskets. The groundskeepers were very nice, even offering to help us carry up our bags to the second floor.

The pool and spa:
Small, however, clean and did the job of gettin ya wet....no matter when you go to L.A., its hot!
Spa, hot and clean.
There was a small kiddie pool in its own area that was nice for the little ones to splash around in.

The rooms:
The positives: Cute, with white plantation shutters, beige walls, plentiful pillows, we had a larder room, which was fine enough for the five of us. The room was clean and the maid service was wonderful.

The negatives: It would have been nice to have a thicker comforter...or possibley a duvet, and some more extra blankets. My sister had a smaller room, and there was not much room to put clothes. Also, the white shuutters allow alot of light in. I would suggest some sort of darkening for those of us that would like a little darker room. Also, we were not told that we would be on the second floor with no elevators...not that we are lazy...we are not...but hauling up 9 people's week packed suitcases and toys...just a bit unexpected...

THANK YOU TO THE VERY NICE GROUNDSKEEPERS!!

Breakfast:
Basic.....toast, bagels with fixins, (sorry, but the bananas were not ripe any of the 5 days we were there :(), apples, peanut butter, juices, milk, coffee, tea and assorted cereals. Able to eat out by the pool in the a.m. which was nice. Remember to take your tray from your room if planning to take things back with you, the trays are not down there.

Walk to Disneyland:
About 6 minute walk from front of CCI to Disneyland. However..you could take the "candy bus" which had the nicest drivers available on the half hour to Disneyland and on the 15 and 45 from Disneyland. The last "Candy Bus" was 45 minutes after park closing. The CCI bus was free....much of the other places charge you to use the ART buses through the city...this was a nice amenity.

Please remember to tip your nice drivers!! :)

Internet:
Although stated to have internet in the room...was never able to get service...calls to the desk were no help, we were told to come to the lobby and sit in there to use our laptops...

Oh well...maybe this was God's way of reminding us that we were on vacation!

Would I stay again?
Absolutely, would also recommend.

In a nutshell:
Candy Cane Inn is a quaint and beautiful place amidst a big city with grand expectations...if you are looking for a quiet place to retrieve from the glitz and glamour of Downtown Disney, or to rest those achin' dogs after a wild day of chasing mice......you would enjoy the peace and serenity of the Candy Cane.

6  Thank MissGoldenPoppy

Thank you so much for all your kind comments and items that you gave feedback on. Our groundskeepers are great gentleman and I do appreciate they offered assistance with luggage...that is customer service! In regards to the WIFI, we do have throughout the guestrooms, pool area and the breakfast room. We would certainly appreciate any feedback on areas with connectivity as we continually add necessary access points to improve the service. Thank you again for giving us a try and feel free to contact me directly when planning your next trip as I would be delighted in assisting with reservations.

Reviewed 23 March 2009

This was our first trip to Disneyland and our stay at the Candy Cane was excellent. It was very clean and the rooms were large and modern. The free breakfast was well stocked and was a great start to the day. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was very nice also. Our son loved the free wireless internet. The location was excellent and only a 5 minute walk from the park. I think the greatest compliment you can give hotel is that you would stay there again. We will stay at the Candy Cane next time we go to Disneyland. We have stayed many times at Disneyworld properties in Florida and I think the Candy Cane was nicer. Keep up the good work Candy Cane!

5  Thank BigJ62

I am so happy that you enjoyed your first visit to the Disneyland Resort and our Inn. We do pride ourselves on being a friendly, clean and comfortable property offering exceptional guest service. Thank you again for your business and feel free to contact me directly for assistance on making reservations.

Reviewed 22 March 2009

This was our first stay at the Candy Cane Inn. The location is great, an easy walk to the Park. They have a shuttle every half hour as well. The staff is very friendly. Room was a tad small, however it was very clean and comfortable. There is a basic breakfast every morning, cereal, donuts, bagels, fruit. Perfect for a quick breakfast before heading to the park. Overall, a great spot for a family trip to Disneyland. The only negative is that they don't have high speed internet access, however most people staying there are on vacation so I guess its not that big a deal.

Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank djt68
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2009

Thank you so much for choosing the Candy Cane Inn and your comments on your first visit. We do have WIFI throughout our guestrooms, poolside and our garden room. If you had connectivity issues I apologize as we are continually adding access points as we learn of any weak spots. In addition we are more than happy to print boarding passes or directions at the front desk for guests who travel without a laptop. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 22 March 2009

Our family of three- 8 year old daughter- stayed at the Candy Cane for a spring break trip to Disneyland and were generally pleased with the hotel. The staff were always helpful, though unaware of a discount ticket agency in the nearby mall, the shuttle was always on time and well used by us, the rooms clean and the pool area well kept and landscaped.
We opted for a premium room and while it came as advertised the value was debated by my wife and I as we walked past other rooms that had open doors and realized they are all very similiar- though the microwave was a bonus- and despite calls and visits to the front desk on three separate days we never did get our room safe reset for our stay.
The late check out was a bonus as we used that to do one more visit to Disneyland for our favorite rides and we really liked the breakfast delivered to our room each morning.
I would stay at the Candy Cane Inn again

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and providing us this very valuable feedback. I sincerely apologize that your safe was not properly attended to as this is certainly not the customer service that we aspire to deliver. Your concerns will be shared with our team as we certainly strive to provide 5's to all our guests. Thank you again and we do appreciate your business and comments.

Reviewed 20 March 2009

Wow................these guys have been perfecting their act and now blow the competition out of the water. My wife and I always fly from northern CA to Disneyland at least once a year. This year we decided to drive any try to reduce the usual stress of airports and rental cars. This "Motel" offers an upgrade service which costs far less than ANY of the major hotels nearby and their customer service is second to none. With evening turn down service, in room breakfasts, a free timely shuttle and a a great staff, I won't ever stay anywhere else for my Disney trips. Hilton should drop the attitude and learn a lesson from these guys. The parking lot can sometimes get tight but the positives far outweigh walking a few spaces to your romm.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Producer47
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2009

Thank you for staying with us and your comments regarding our Premium Guestrooms. Many guests enjoy the additional features and services provided. Upgraded toiletries, arrival amenity, grind and brew coffee, microwave oven, DVD/VCR player with complimentary movies, bath robes, evening turndown service, the morning expanded continental breakfast delivered to the room and the 2pm check-out time. Yes, parking can be a little tight with so many folks driving SUV's and families however we do issue parking permits and monitor the lot. Again, thank you for your business!

Reviewed 20 March 2009

We just returned from our second stay here and absolutely loved it! We always arrive a day early just to relax and enjoy the heated pool and kiddie pool (I think that the kids liked swimming almost as much as going to Disneyland!) Great for families with young children, the rooms have small refrigerators and it is directly next to a convenience store, so we were able to purchase and store milk and other snacks. The rooms are small but we were able to easily put up a portable crib and still have plenty of room. I love the fact that it is a small hotel and after walking all day you do not have to walk another mile to get to your room. The free shuttle and breakfast were a great addition, we took advantage of both of these services daily! We rented strollers in Disney so although the walk is short (only about 5 min) it would have been difficult carrying two kids so the shuttle was perfect, it was always on time and rarely full. The drivers were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast had a good selection of fruit, cereal, bagels, pastries, coffee, and juice something to get you out the door and I loved that my husband could go get breakfast while I dressed the kids and bring it back to our room to eat. They have a table and 2 chairs in the room which was perfect and much easier than trying to take the kids somewhere to eat. I also appreciate that they do not charge for parking. The staff was extremely accomodating to my special requests when I made my reservation. I booked 3 rooms and asked for the ground floor and that they be next to each other, which was exactly what I got when I checked in. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are very clean and well stocked. Overall a very good value and a great relaxing place to stay. I can't wait to come back next year!

2  Thank CaliforniaMommy02
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2009

Thank you for staying with us for your second time, we do appreciate your business. We try and accommodate all guest requests as it pertains to room assignments. In regards to our Pool, Spa and Kiddie Pool they are heated year round for kids of all ages to enjoy. We do pride ourselves on the fact that we have no hidden fees and all you pay is room and occupancy tax. Our expanded continental breakfast, exclusive shuttle to the Disneyland theme parks and parking are all complimentary. Again, thank you for being a return guest and please feel free to contact me directly when making next years reservations.