“THE place to stay!!”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
New Mexico
“THE place to stay!!”
Reviewed 30 March 2009

Our family of 5 spent four nights at the Candy Cane Inn in a Premium Room. Loved the premium room, loved the extra services, LOVED breakfast delivered to our door. The maids are wonderful, the people who do the turn down service are wonderful and the bus drivers are wonderful. We loved having a ride to Disneyland, that was excellent! The hotel is beautiful and quiet (except for the fireworks from Disney - which are very loud!!!) WE never heard anyone above us or around us. Everything was perfect EXCEPT the safe! (I saw the other review with the same complaint...so it wasn't just us) Called three times to have someone fix it. All three times was told a manager would come to do it....guess what that never happened!!! THis was so annoying as we wanted to use the safe!! A few of the front desk staff aren't exactly on top of things. They could certainly use some training! However, this was the only problem. When I checked out I complained about the safe. The guy working was very apologetic, and even found the notes that it needed to be fixed. He seemed just as aggitated as I was. Oh also the microwave & fridge are very tiny. Don't expect to do much with those.

1 Thank Mamacitadedos
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 3 April 2009
Thank you so much for your feedback and staying with us. I appreciate your kind comments and have discussed your concerns with our management team. We do listen to our guests and have implemented additional training on our safes to eliminate frustration such as yours. Again, thank you for staying with us and we do value your business. Warm regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
asheville
Reviewed 26 March 2009

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn the night before leaving California. We had a mid-day flight and did not have a working alarm clock in our room, nor did we get our wake up call. Otherwise the room was clean, in a nice area, and was fine for what we needed.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 31 March 2009
I do appreciate your taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay. I am so very sorry and apologize that your alarm did not work nor did you receive your wake up call. I will share your comments with our management team and have these items researched. Once again thank you for staying with and we appreciate your feedback. Warm regards!
Santa Clara,Ca
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Our family of 5 adult's and 1 toddler stayed 4 night's last week. We were only planning on staying for 3 night's but decided we needed another day at Disneyland. We all had to move to one Premium room as they were all booked for Saturday night. Two of the adult's went across the street to The Castle Inn, (yecchhh!) Candy Cane is so much better! Candy Cane was very clean and comfy. Staff was only ok when checking in, but after that thing's went much better. The young lady working to arrange the Saturday night stay was very,very sweet. I hate that I am not sure about her name, Denise? (I'm bad with remembering name's, sorry!) She said she has been there 4 year's. She was working with another young girl, Sophia? Both had wonderful customer service. Shuttle driver's were great as well. We look forward to staying again at the Candy Cane Inn.

2 Thank RoseySantaClara_Ca
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking time to respond about your experience. Yes, Wendy is a very nice young lady and has a personality that is exceptionally warm and inviting. I know that she personally was trying to get a second room for you party. In regards to your check-in I am sorry that this was not as warm and inviting. I will personally speak with this associate as our first impression is most important. Thank you again and we look forward in seeing you again.
Herriman, Utah
Reviewed 24 March 2009

We are Disneyland Annual Pass Holder swho for the past 5 years have stayed at the Grand Californian Hotel. We have heard many great things about the Candy Cane Inn from friends and travel associates so we thought wed break away from the Californian and try this little hotel in May for 9 nights. First of all I tried to book a 9 night stay in one of the Premium rooms online but their booking engine was not working so I called the Hotel directly. The lady with whom I spoke with and made the reservations with seemed very rushed and iritated that I had called. I tried to make a request and she seemed very "put out" and seemed as if she didnt care. This is not a good way to treat a future customer and I will be canceling my reservation and going back to the Disney Hotels where they respect their customers. Sorry Candy Cane but Im not going to spend the amount of money you ask for a premium room to just be disrespected.

Allen

3 Thank toughwaters
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2009
I completely concur with your comments and service of this nature is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. I am very happy that after I responded to your email in a prompt and sincere manner that you have decided to keep your reservation at our Inn. Issues of this nature are very important and all that a General Manager can ask is that you bring your issue forward and given an opportunity to rectify the situation. I do thank your for the kind comments in the email as I DO strive to run a "higher than standard" operation. Warm regards and I look forward in meeting you in May!
stockton
Reviewed 23 March 2009

Our first stay at CCI, we have always wanted to stay here....as avid travelers to Disneyland, we have stayed in 9 of the Disneyland area hotels.

First impression:
Cute, cute, cute...and so quiet!!! Like a gem in the middle of a wild and crazy...theme area? hehe.....no really, this place was so peaceful, walking around it was quiet..although the screams from California Adventure were just right enough to make us want to head off the Disneyland!! :)

Check in/front desk:
Nice people, candy cane pens. Even though the computers were frozen when we checked in they were still nice and got us up to our rooms quite quickly.

Gift shop:
Very minimal, expected some more pool supplies...maybe they were just short of things this week. Suggest you bring your own floaties/pool toys.

The grounds:
Beautiful.....cobblestone driveway, with bountiful flowers, plants, trees and hanging baskets. The groundskeepers were very nice, even offering to help us carry up our bags to the second floor.

The pool and spa:
Small, however, clean and did the job of gettin ya wet....no matter when you go to L.A., its hot!
Spa, hot and clean.
There was a small kiddie pool in its own area that was nice for the little ones to splash around in.

The rooms:
The positives: Cute, with white plantation shutters, beige walls, plentiful pillows, we had a larder room, which was fine enough for the five of us. The room was clean and the maid service was wonderful.

The negatives: It would have been nice to have a thicker comforter...or possibley a duvet, and some more extra blankets. My sister had a smaller room, and there was not much room to put clothes. Also, the white shuutters allow alot of light in. I would suggest some sort of darkening for those of us that would like a little darker room. Also, we were not told that we would be on the second floor with no elevators...not that we are lazy...we are not...but hauling up 9 people's week packed suitcases and toys...just a bit unexpected...

THANK YOU TO THE VERY NICE GROUNDSKEEPERS!!

Breakfast:
Basic.....toast, bagels with fixins, (sorry, but the bananas were not ripe any of the 5 days we were there :(), apples, peanut butter, juices, milk, coffee, tea and assorted cereals. Able to eat out by the pool in the a.m. which was nice. Remember to take your tray from your room if planning to take things back with you, the trays are not down there.

Walk to Disneyland:
About 6 minute walk from front of CCI to Disneyland. However..you could take the "candy bus" which had the nicest drivers available on the half hour to Disneyland and on the 15 and 45 from Disneyland. The last "Candy Bus" was 45 minutes after park closing. The CCI bus was free....much of the other places charge you to use the ART buses through the city...this was a nice amenity.

Please remember to tip your nice drivers!! :)

Internet:
Although stated to have internet in the room...was never able to get service...calls to the desk were no help, we were told to come to the lobby and sit in there to use our laptops...

Oh well...maybe this was God's way of reminding us that we were on vacation!

Would I stay again?
Absolutely, would also recommend.

In a nutshell:
Candy Cane Inn is a quaint and beautiful place amidst a big city with grand expectations...if you are looking for a quiet place to retrieve from the glitz and glamour of Downtown Disney, or to rest those achin' dogs after a wild day of chasing mice......you would enjoy the peace and serenity of the Candy Cane.

6 Thank MissGoldenPoppy
Thank you so much for all your kind comments and items that you gave feedback on. Our groundskeepers are great gentleman and I do appreciate they offered assistance with luggage...that is customer service! In regards to the WIFI, we do have throughout the guestrooms, pool area and the breakfast room. We would certainly appreciate any feedback on areas with connectivity as we continually add necessary access points to improve the service. Thank you again for giving us a try and feel free to contact me directly when planning your next trip as I would be delighted in assisting with reservations.
Windsor
Reviewed 23 March 2009

This was our first trip to Disneyland and our stay at the Candy Cane was excellent. It was very clean and the rooms were large and modern. The free breakfast was well stocked and was a great start to the day. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was very nice also. Our son loved the free wireless internet. The location was excellent and only a 5 minute walk from the park. I think the greatest compliment you can give hotel is that you would stay there again. We will stay at the Candy Cane next time we go to Disneyland. We have stayed many times at Disneyworld properties in Florida and I think the Candy Cane was nicer. Keep up the good work Candy Cane!

5 Thank BigJ62
I am so happy that you enjoyed your first visit to the Disneyland Resort and our Inn. We do pride ourselves on being a friendly, clean and comfortable property offering exceptional guest service. Thank you again for your business and feel free to contact me directly for assistance on making reservations.
Davis, CA
Reviewed 22 March 2009

This was our first stay at the Candy Cane Inn. The location is great, an easy walk to the Park. They have a shuttle every half hour as well. The staff is very friendly. Room was a tad small, however it was very clean and comfortable. There is a basic breakfast every morning, cereal, donuts, bagels, fruit. Perfect for a quick breakfast before heading to the park. Overall, a great spot for a family trip to Disneyland. The only negative is that they don't have high speed internet access, however most people staying there are on vacation so I guess its not that big a deal.

Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank djt68
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 23 March 2009
Thank you so much for choosing the Candy Cane Inn and your comments on your first visit. We do have WIFI throughout our guestrooms, poolside and our garden room. If you had connectivity issues I apologize as we are continually adding access points as we learn of any weak spots. In addition we are more than happy to print boarding passes or directions at the front desk for guests who travel without a laptop. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.