“Love It, Love It, Love It!!!!!”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Idaho
“Love It, Love It, Love It!!!!!”
Reviewed 3 April 2009

This is our second stay at this hotel and we have not a thing to add to all of the positive reviews, they say it all!! It is FABULOUS! We will only stay at this motel when in the area and recommend it to all! Thanks Candy Cane Inn for a great, friendly, clean, up-kept motel!! It has always added to our vacation!

4 Thank lkestotravel
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 3 April 2009
Thank you for staying with us a second time and please feel free to contact me directly when you would like to make future reservations. And do not forget to use your Rewards Certificate for an additional $10 off per night on your next stay. Warm regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
REAL-E-REAL
Reviewed 1 April 2009

HERE'S WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT THE CANDY CANE INN:

Um... Um..., I can't think of anything. I found nothing lacking in great accommodations and excellent service.

HERE IS WHAT I ESPECIALLY LIKED:

THE FOLKS
The great, friendly staff, every single member, just can't be beat.
Even the other guests staying at the Inn where good sorts. This makes sense since it's hard to be unhappy while staying here.
I notice someone a few reviews down gave a bad one for the Candy Cane. They hadn't even stayed here yet! I see that the manager (he's super) has straightened that out and they will be staying after all. Too bad they had to jump the gun with a poor review. I have no doubt they'll love the Candy Cane.

LOCATION
Perfect.
Just a five to six minute walk to Disney's front gates. My family used the shuttle for most trips but one of the hardest things for me about Disney is the slow walking and standing in lines for hours. I found the walk to and from the Candy Cane to be ideal.
You can find a few hotels a little closer to the Disney gates, but take it from me, those are not nearly as nice.

SHUTTLE
You can also take the Inn's dedicated shuttle with the super friendly drivers. This shuttle makes two round trips to Disney every hour all day long (except for a driver's break at 8pm). It's much better and faster than using the ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) system from other motels. This can be so important to older folks and families with small kids.

OUR ROOM
We had a super clean, very quiet standard 2 queen with fridge coffee maker, truly free wi-fi and everything else the web site says. Beds are very comfortable! My wife always requests an extra pillow but didn't even need to as there was already one in the room! The AC unit worked great. Our group is two adults and an eleven year old. This size room is a little on the small side, but just right for us and would have been fine with one more kid. If you have bigger kids or just like more space, you may want to go for a larger room.
Now, I like getting a ground floor room close to the front. You might think this would be a noisy spot but it isn't a problem at the Candy Cane.

LACK OF BUGS
By-the-way, in all the times I've stayed here, I've never seen a bug in my room. It's the only hotel in the area I can say this about. Some places are crawling with the little critters. I don't personally mind a bug or two, but... if you want cooties at the Candy Cane, you'll probably need to supply your own! Please just remember to take them with you when you leave.

GROUNDS
It's like a work of art. Grounds are beautifully kept. Lots of flowers. The driveways are all brick cobble, no dirty asphalt!

BREAKFAST
The free continental breakfast selection is the best I've seen anywhere and very yummy. There are inside tables (they fill up fast) as well as some on the patio and around the pool. You can also feel free to take items back to your room, unlike at most places I've stayed.

POOL
Always nice, warm and clean.

I MUST CONFESS!

I want to mention that after our first stay at the Candy Cane some years ago, I swore I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Anaheim. Well, this time we almost did. We were told that another hotel had just been renovated and was nice. When I learned that's where our reservations had been made (I won't mention by whom), I was less than thrilled, but decided to give it a try. Hey, the money we would save would almost pay for a corn dog a day for each of us at the park.

As the time approached however, I found myself becoming nervous and having nightmares of a ruined vacation.

I JUST COULDN'T TAKE IT! With only a few days to go I contacted Jeff (the Candy Cane's Manager) and confessed. Being the wonderful guy he is (he never even used an unkind word), he said he could accommodate us and booked our room himself.

I did visit the other hotel and while it seemed okay, it was obviously not to the level of the Candy Cane. The money we would have saved staying there would not have made up for everything else. Guests staying there told me it was somewhat noisy and the ART tickets alone would have cost us $30. I ran into a woman at the park who was staying there and was a past guest of the Candy Cane. She wished she was on this trip too.

I'M SO GLAD we returned to the Candy Cane! I'll continue to stress to all my friends that it's where they should stay.

Our deepest thanks to Jeff Holl and the entire staff of the best place to stay in Anaheim... The Candy Cane Inn!

Hey, I just realized I'm submitting this on April 1st. Just so you know, I'm not fooling about anything in my review, I truly love the CCI!

3 Thank REAL-E-REAL
Ladies and Gentlemen, you may not believe this but I have never met this gentleman. What he did say about speaking with me is correct and being a seasoned and concerned hotelier, I listened. I worked to get him a room at a more comparable rate as he was a loyal guest and wanted to stay again. To be honest in these economic times I do not blame him for reaching out. For this I thank him, as I do for staying with us and relaying all the kind comments about our hotel and team.
Utah
Reviewed 31 March 2009

My family recently went to Disneyland and my sister highly recommended that we stay at the Candy Cane Inn. To sum it up, We couldn't have been more happy anywhere else. This Inn is one of a kind the staff is very frienldy and very helpful. the manager Chris was just awesome he went over the call of duty in helping me arrange transportation to the Orange County Airport. If we ever get back to Disneyland. We wil be staying here again. Once again great job Candy Cane Inn Staff. Oh and be sure to use the shuttle to the park, the drivers are great too.

2 Thank PHaynes1969
Thank you for staying with us and I will pass your kind comments on to Chris. He is our Front Office Manager who has recently joined the Candy Cane Inn team and believes in going above and beyond to ensure guest satisfaction. Please feel free to contact myself or Chris directly for reservation assistance.
New Mexico
Reviewed 30 March 2009

Our family of 5 spent four nights at the Candy Cane Inn in a Premium Room. Loved the premium room, loved the extra services, LOVED breakfast delivered to our door. The maids are wonderful, the people who do the turn down service are wonderful and the bus drivers are wonderful. We loved having a ride to Disneyland, that was excellent! The hotel is beautiful and quiet (except for the fireworks from Disney - which are very loud!!!) WE never heard anyone above us or around us. Everything was perfect EXCEPT the safe! (I saw the other review with the same complaint...so it wasn't just us) Called three times to have someone fix it. All three times was told a manager would come to do it....guess what that never happened!!! THis was so annoying as we wanted to use the safe!! A few of the front desk staff aren't exactly on top of things. They could certainly use some training! However, this was the only problem. When I checked out I complained about the safe. The guy working was very apologetic, and even found the notes that it needed to be fixed. He seemed just as aggitated as I was. Oh also the microwave & fridge are very tiny. Don't expect to do much with those.

1 Thank Mamacitadedos
Thank you so much for your feedback and staying with us. I appreciate your kind comments and have discussed your concerns with our management team. We do listen to our guests and have implemented additional training on our safes to eliminate frustration such as yours. Again, thank you for staying with us and we do value your business. Warm regards!
asheville
Reviewed 26 March 2009

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn the night before leaving California. We had a mid-day flight and did not have a working alarm clock in our room, nor did we get our wake up call. Otherwise the room was clean, in a nice area, and was fine for what we needed.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 31 March 2009
I do appreciate your taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay. I am so very sorry and apologize that your alarm did not work nor did you receive your wake up call. I will share your comments with our management team and have these items researched. Once again thank you for staying with and we appreciate your feedback. Warm regards!
Santa Clara,Ca
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Our family of 5 adult's and 1 toddler stayed 4 night's last week. We were only planning on staying for 3 night's but decided we needed another day at Disneyland. We all had to move to one Premium room as they were all booked for Saturday night. Two of the adult's went across the street to The Castle Inn, (yecchhh!) Candy Cane is so much better! Candy Cane was very clean and comfy. Staff was only ok when checking in, but after that thing's went much better. The young lady working to arrange the Saturday night stay was very,very sweet. I hate that I am not sure about her name, Denise? (I'm bad with remembering name's, sorry!) She said she has been there 4 year's. She was working with another young girl, Sophia? Both had wonderful customer service. Shuttle driver's were great as well. We look forward to staying again at the Candy Cane Inn.

2 Thank RoseySantaClara_Ca
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking time to respond about your experience. Yes, Wendy is a very nice young lady and has a personality that is exceptionally warm and inviting. I know that she personally was trying to get a second room for you party. In regards to your check-in I am sorry that this was not as warm and inviting. I will personally speak with this associate as our first impression is most important. Thank you again and we look forward in seeing you again.
Herriman, Utah
Reviewed 24 March 2009

We are Disneyland Annual Pass Holder swho for the past 5 years have stayed at the Grand Californian Hotel. We have heard many great things about the Candy Cane Inn from friends and travel associates so we thought wed break away from the Californian and try this little hotel in May for 9 nights. First of all I tried to book a 9 night stay in one of the Premium rooms online but their booking engine was not working so I called the Hotel directly. The lady with whom I spoke with and made the reservations with seemed very rushed and iritated that I had called. I tried to make a request and she seemed very "put out" and seemed as if she didnt care. This is not a good way to treat a future customer and I will be canceling my reservation and going back to the Disney Hotels where they respect their customers. Sorry Candy Cane but Im not going to spend the amount of money you ask for a premium room to just be disrespected.

Allen

3 Thank toughwaters
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2009
I completely concur with your comments and service of this nature is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. I am very happy that after I responded to your email in a prompt and sincere manner that you have decided to keep your reservation at our Inn. Issues of this nature are very important and all that a General Manager can ask is that you bring your issue forward and given an opportunity to rectify the situation. I do thank your for the kind comments in the email as I DO strive to run a "higher than standard" operation. Warm regards and I look forward in meeting you in May!