“My vote for hospitality!!!”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Ca
“My vote for hospitality!!!”
Reviewed 22 June 2009

Very clean, quiet rooms and super helpful staff. I left my 2 year old's blankee and didn't realize it untill I was well on my way home. The Executive housekeeper was very helpful in locating and sending this beloved item quickly back to my wailing 2 year old...thank goodness. They have my undying patronage from this time on when a Disneyland trip is ever planned. This was a hospitality that I've never experienced at any other Hotel. My older daughter was also meeting up with my family to accompany her baby sister's first Disneyland experience. The hotel even gave us an extra parking pass so that she could park her car along with ours in the hotel parking...wow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the extra help and hospitality.
Leah

1 Thank leahrutledge
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 23 June 2009
Thank you for your vote of hospitality and staying with us, it is most appreciated! I am happy that your daughters were able to share a Disneyland experience and family time together. Danilo, our Executive Housekeeper does an exceptional job in tracking lost items and personally handles for their safe return. I am delighted your little ones blankee is now back in her arms. Please feel to contact me directly when your travels bring you back to the area as it would be my pleasure in assisting with reservations. Warm regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Airdrie,Alberta
Reviewed 21 June 2009

Our family of 3 early teens, mom, dad and grandmother stayed at the Candy Cane to visit Disneyland. Our rooms were adjoining as requested which helped with the sleeping arrangements. Our rooms were also clean, fresh and roomy with safe, t.v., coffee maker, fridge and bathroom heater. The air conditioning units were quiet so you could sleep at night and have them on if you chose to do so. The staff were polite, friendly and constantly busy cleaning and maintaining the entire area. The cobblestone driveway and courtyard were swept daily. The slight problem with one of the toilets was corrected immediately with apologies from the staff for the problem. The breakfast was a hit with everyone. You can eat poolside, in the breakfast room or use the tray in your room to take the food back to your room. It is very casual and relaxed with lots of folks coming to breakfast in p.j.'s and housecoat, just like at home. The Candy Cane was quiet at night to afford a good night's sleep to everyone. If you need an early morning dip in the pool, it is heated and available at 7 a.m. The shuttle runs constantly and is absolutely on time and clean. The walk to Disneyland is truly only five minutes along a tree-lined street full of flowers. I would most certainly recommend the Candy Cane to anyone.

2 Thank Airdrie_AlbertaZelda
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 22 June 2009
Thank you so much for staying with us and we do appreciate your kind comments. We try and provide a feeling in that of home and making our guest's feel as family. Thank you again for your feedback, it is very detailed and does assist with travelers in choosing hotel accommodations. Warm regards!
San Francisco
Reviewed 19 June 2009

The service was pleasant from check in to check out. It was our first time staying here after to coming to Disneyland for over 20 years. It is now "our" hotel. Nice clean rooms,quiet and beautiful green surroundings . We loved the turn down service, and in room breakfast, the special popcorn box arrival goodies were very cute!
One of my favorite things about staying here was their very own shuttle. It was prompt and never skipped a beat. The drivers were so very friendly,professional and kind.
I could not have had a better experience.

• Stayed June 2009
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 1 July 2009
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity and being our guest on your recent Disneyland visit. I am delighted that you enjoyed the amenities of our Premium Rooms and the extra's they offer. I do appreciate your kind comments regarding our drivers. Mr. Lee, Robert and Fred are superb gentlemen and I am proud they are on the Candy Cane team. Thank you again for your business and feel free to contact me directly should you need reservations assistance. Warm regards!
Leeds, UK
Reviewed 18 June 2009

We travelled from the UK on a package tour with Virgin Holidays, staying for a week prior to moving on to San Diego and San Francisco for the second week. On the basis of the reviews on Trip Advisor I asked Virgin if we could book an independent stay whilst in Anaheim and luckily they agreed.

We booked one of the premium rooms and were very pleased with the one allocated. We made good use of the extra facilities, such as having breakfast delivered to the room. Our first full day was a Sunday and we'd planned to go to Magic Morning at 7am and hadn't really expected to get breakfast but it arrived with perfect timing.

As everyone says, the grounds are stunning and makes for a very fragrant walk to and from the room.

We did have breakfast round the pool area a few times too and never had any trouble finding a table.

The laundry was invaluable as it meant we only needed to pack for a week and I made the most of the late check out to wash and dry everything on the day we left. I did find that the dryers seemed to run for different lengths of time though - the top left one seemed to give the most time for your money.

All the hotel staff were great, especially those on reception for whom nothing was too much trouble.

My son and I loved the pool area and the fact that the water was warm was a definite plus point. Swimming once it had got dark was a lovely experience too - the pool closes at 11pm which made late swims possible to soothe tired feet after a day in the park.

It was very hard to leave the Candy Cane Inn and move on to San Diego. Neither of the other two hotels that we stayed in were a patch on the Candy Cane, although our hotel in San Francisco came close in terms of comfort alone.

I don't know if we'll make another trip to Anaheim, but if we do we'll be back (to quote the Governor). In the meantime we'll recommend it to everyone we know.

Karen, Ian and David (Leeds, UK)

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank GreyK44
Thank you for giving us the opportunity on your recent vacation to California. I am happy that you enjoyed your accommodations and the extra services provided with our Premium Rooms. Yes, our pool is heated year round and is most enjoyable later in the evening when relaxing after a busy day on your feet. We do appreciate your business and, thank you for your sharing your experience here and with friends at home.
YUKON, OK
Reviewed 18 June 2009

Myself, husband, daughter and 8year old granddaughter were there recently for a 5 night stay. it was as good as I expected it to be. The room, though not large, was very clean and was sufficiently large enough for us to put a twin size air bed up at night. We had requested a 2nd story room so that noise from someone above us would not be a problem. We did not have any issues with noise from neighbors or foot traffice the whole time we were there. We enjoyed having breakfast out by the pool area and a couple of times brought it back to or room. The shuttle bus was wonderful and we used it several times a day, we would come back to our room to swim and relax in the afternoon. It was a beautiful place and would stay here again and recommend it to anyone

2 Thank OUSOONERTRAVELERS
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience and feedback. We do have a top shelf housekeeping department and it is a pleasure for all our guests. This is a very important item in today's travel and I thank you for your positive comment on cleanliness. We do appreciate your business and feel free to contact me directly should you be returning and need assistance with reservations.
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Chose the Candy Cane based on the excellent reviews and we were not disapointed. We had three rooms total and had no problems with any of the rooms. The grounds are spectacular! They made a perfect backdrop for family pictures and for eating breakfast around the pool or the secluded table outside our room. The pool was extremely warm and inviting. The walk to the park was pretty easy. We stayed at the Disneyland hotel last time and we thought this walk was actually a little shorter. But the shuttle came in handy at the end of the day when we were tired. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. The maids even took the extra time to prop up my childrens lttlle stuffed animals around their bed, which really excited my little ones. We will have such fond memories of our stay at the Candy Cane Inn! Our only question is why this is only rated a 2 star by AAA. It is by far worthy of 3 stars!

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank beachlover921
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 17 June 2009
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity and staying with on your recent visit to Disneyland. Our gardeners certainly do a very nice job in maintaining the greenery and yes it makes for a peaceful setting and great for pictures. In regards to our rating, it certainly is NOT due to our service, quality, ambiance or cleanliness. The phrase that has been given by the AAA inspector is the lack of free floor space and therefore the rating is based solely on size of rooms. This is something we cannot easily change and thus we concentrate on items that enhance our guest's experience. Thank you again and warm regards!
Belfair Washington
Reviewed 12 June 2009

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn after being highly recommended by the lady at Disney travel. We were not disappointed at all. Upon arrival we were completely impressed with the landscaping and flowers surrounding this hotel. They look and smell every bit as beautiful as the flowers at Disneyland. The staff was wonderful and courteous. Everyone was bending over backwards to help us and make our stay enjoyable. This place is so clean, I couldn't believe it. The ground is meticulously cleaned, not a cigarette butt in site! I saw a guy pressure washing the pavement twice. When we arrived at noon there was a room available, so we got to check in early. The rooms are gorgeous, and CLEAN. Plenty of towels for everyone in the family. The bed was comfy, and you get extra pillows without asking. The breakfast was very fresh. All the pastries were soft, not hard. The shuttle van drivers are very nice and prompt. I go to Disneyland every other year, and I will never stay anywhere else. For the money, this place beats the rest. I have stayed at other hotels that are considered more "upscale," and they do not begin to hold a candle to this place. The pool area was also beautiful and relaxing.

3 Thank catheib
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 13 June 2009
Thank you for giving us the opportunity and staying at the Candy Cane Inn. We do have a long standing exceptional relationship with Walt Disney Travel. We visit their sales office twice per year to brief them of any changes or upgrades to maintain their knowledge of our property. It is always refreshing to know that they enjoy selling our Inn as it speaks to their and our mutual goal of guest satisfaction. Thank you again for all of your kind comments and your business. Warm regards!