“Highly Recommend the CCI! Great value for your $$”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Santa Barbara
“Highly Recommend the CCI! Great value for your $$”
Reviewed 7 September 2009

A friend of a friend highly recommended the Candy Cane Inn to us. I was skeptical at first, but once I checked the ratings on Trip Advisor, I thought, let's give it a try. I still can't believe how reasonably priced is is! It's a small yet nice and quaint hotel (has that B&B feel). Our room was very clean and the landscaping was perfect. The CCI is literally two blocks from Dland and free parking and free breakfast! We upgraded to a premium room just so we could have a micro (for our little one), and to have the newspaper and breakfast delivered to our room. What a treat! I recommend that if you have a little extra $$. For me, customer service is so important. Everyone from the shuttle drivers to the housekeepers were so friendly and helpful and HAPPY!. I'll admit it, I really really wanted to stay at the Disneyland Hotel in the park, but it was too expensive that I couldn't justify spending that kind of money during these tough economical times. Well, let me say that even if I had the money, I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Can't wait to return! Thanks CCI and Trip Advisor!

Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank SantaBarbaraTraveler
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2009
I am pleased that you listened to your friend and took their advice and I thank you for staying with us. We do pride ourselves on being a quaint, clean, friendly and moderately priced family property with NO hidden costs or fees. Yes, our Premium Rooms offer those extra items that most feel are well worth the added cost. Again, we do thank you for your business and look forward in seeing you on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me directly for reservations assistance. Warm regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 6 September 2009

Recently my wife and I took our two grandsons, ( 10 & 6), to the Anaheim area to visit several locations. We have stayed at various hotels in the Anahiem area in the past. The good reviews for the Candy Cane promted us to give them a try. We spent four nights. While this is not a "luxury" hotel it more then meets the mark for the needs of most like us, who are travaleing with kids who are there to go to theme parks and have a good time. The motel is clean, very well maintained, reasonably priced and well located. We enjoyed the dedicated shuttle to Disenyland. While the motel is well within reasonable walking distance, at the end of a long day what is reasonable in the morning appears less so in the evening. We closed the park several nights and the shuttle was there waiting at the end of each day and we were back to the motel in minutes. A relaxing pool, a well heated spa and a reasonable breakfast all were pluses for the property. The whole group found the beds very comfortable. Right next door to the motel is an ABC store and next to it a 7 Eleven. If the kids need a late night snack or some necessary supplies are required they are steps away. The rooms have a small refrigarator for milk, juice or sodas. The motel is just off the intersection with Katella Ave, between it and Harbour Blvd there are lots of reasonable restraunt options, gas stations and fast food outlets. Rental car loctions are also nearby on Katella within walking distance of the Candy Cane. We took Amtrack down from OR to Anaheim. A short taxi ride brought us to the Candy Cane, we picked up our rental car the next day two blocks away. For a family visit to Disneyland or Knott's or Universal or the other attractions in the area this is an excellent value choice with lots of comforts built in. It is on our short list of places to return to again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim F
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 11 September 2009
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity and staying with us on your recent visit. We do aspire to be a family friendly hotel providing all the comforts of home while maintaining a modest price range. Yes, we are located within close proximity of all the conveniences necessary and the addition of the Anaheim GardenWalk is excellent. Warm regards!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2009

The Candy Cane Inn is perfect in every way. My 10 year old got off to a great start when he was given candy cane pens from reception on arrival (which smell of mint) and free candy canes. Our room though a little dark right at the end of the corridor was great for us and I loved the fact that the wash basin was outside the bathroom. It was very clean and we were very happy. On our first night we watched the fire works (albeit with a limited view) from the balcony.
It's a short 10minute walk to Disney and the half hour shuttle is reliable if needed. Breakfast was good - everything we needed to start our day and I loved sitting by the pool to eat it.
It was a short walk to Garden Walk shopping centre with some decent eating places (if you can escape Disney).
The pool was lovely as was the hot tub.
I can't find a single complaint. Oh and when I couldn't work the bath tap (being a Brit unacustomed to American faucets, the repair man was there to help within minutes - he showed me how to work it but did point out that it was a bit loose and fixed it later the same day).
It was great being able to park the car up and forget about it.
Also the wifi worked well in the room.
If I ever get to go back to California, I would have no hesitation booking here.
Thanks for a great stay.

2 Thank TAS20
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. Your comments are very in-depth and I thank your for covering such a variety of positive points. I apologize that your faucet needed adjustment and am pleased that our gentleman was prompt in repairing to your satisfaction. We look forward in seeing you should your travels bring you back to the Disneyland area!
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 3 September 2009

Very comfortable and great price. The continental breakfast was good. Oatmeal, bagels, fruits, cereals and juices.

Clean and housekeeping did a great job. This was our second time back and a definite recommendation to anyone looking for a clean place to stay while visting Disneyland.

It's only a 20 minute walk to Disneyland and the shuttle was handy. Fitness room and pool were great as well. You won't regret choosing the Candy Cane Inn.

Very friendly front offfice staff.

1 Thank Family4Vancouver_BC
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 3 September 2009
Thank you for staying with again and we do appreciate your business. We aspire to be a moderately priced hotel with emphasis on cleanliness, comfort, serenity and genuine customer service. Please feel free to contact me directly when returning as it would by my pleasure in assisting with reservations.
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 2 September 2009

We've stayed at the Candy Cane Inn before (7 years ago) on the recommendation of a friend. They have upgraded the motel since that time. The landscaping is beautiful and the property in general is well kept.
CONS:
Rooms-The rooms are still on the smaller side. We had a "Deluxe" room, one grade above standard. The toilet and bath/shower are in their own little closet of a room. Hard to turn around if you close the door.
Carpet -Our carpet was moderately dirty. The bottom of my white slipper socks were a medium grey after two nights walking on the carpet.
Noise near balcony-We had a room on the second floor (228) with a little balcony area with table and chairs right outside of our door, off of the main walkway. For two of our three nights at the Inn we had different groups of very noisy people sitting, smoking and chatting outside our door past midnight. The first night we tried to deal with it ourselves. Not too effective. After consulting with the very friendly staff at the front desk the next morning, we followed their direction to call them. They had the night security guard shoo the people away the second night. I would avoid these rooms with the sitting areas in front.
TV - We had very poor reception in our room and limited cable channels (although two Disney channels!)
PROS:
Location- The Candy Cane Inn is a 15 minute walk from the ticket booths at Disneyland. An easy walk for most families. There is also a convenient shuttle.
The staff - Friendly and helpful. I never saw less than a genuine smile.
Landscaping - Very pretty and well-landscaped
Breakfast - A nice selection of fruit, cereal, breakfast breads, juice and coffee. You serve yourself and sit by the pool. A relaxing way to start a busy day.
The pool and spa - Lots of clean towels ready for you. Both pool and spa were kept clean (although a little heavy on the chlorine when we were there)

3 Thank SV_Family_9
Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate your feedback regarding your experiences. We listen to our guests and do utilize this valuable information to make necessary modifications to our property and services. I apologize for the poor reception on your TV and DirecTV replaced the faulty part that was causing the lines. In regards to the sitting areas on the second floor, we attempt to place guests in these rooms that request the area. I would like to point out that we happily attempt to move any guest who is not satisfied with their room assignment. I look forward in our conversation as I have attempted to contact you personally. Warm regards!
santa barbara, california
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Just when I thought the Candy Cane Inn couldn't get any better! Executive Housekeeper Mr. Danilo Gonzalez found my lost iPhone, packaged it carefully, insured it and sent it to my home! I would give the Candy Cane ten stars if I could, because the service is literally twice as good as any five-star hotel I have ever experienced. I wish the people who run CCI would give seminars in how to make a simple motel so wonderful. Thank you, Candy Cane!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank manyjourneys
Thank you for your response and I sincerely appreciate your kind comments. What can I say about Danilo he is an excellent leader with his team, provides our guests with clean, comfortable guestrooms and handles lost and found with ultimate professionalism. I am so proud that he is on our management team! Warm regards.
Southeastern Mass
Reviewed 29 August 2009

The hotel was beautiful. Our rooms were clean, a bit small, but fine for a family of 3. We could have used extra drawer space, but again, no big deal.

The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We arrived in the early afternoon and a room was ready for us. Especially great news when you have had a 7+ hour flight. Big shout out to James, who was very accomodating and helpful.

The pool was great, location great, and the breakfast was plentiful.

I would definitely recommend to others.

1 Thank joannefry
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate you taking time to write a review. We do try and accommodate early arrivals when rooms are available and I too think James is Top Shelf! Thank you for your recommendations!