“Always Fabulous”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 26 February 2006

Wow, I'm shocked to see a few bad reviews here. We've been staying at this place annually for about a decade and have recommended it to everyone we know. I did not think to write a review until we recently tried to get a little closer to the resort and stayed at the Best Western near the crosswalk (Park Place) and it sure made us appreciate this place even more than before. Being a few minutes closer was so not worth it(talk about a noisy/dirty/scary place) But back to Candy Cane Inn - never have we heard a disappointing report or experienced one ourselves.

Yes, the rooms would be small for a family of 5, when we travel we do our research and look at the photos and ask questions ahead of time. (very good photos on Expedia/Trip Advisor) . Yes, most hotels are noisy - especially the ones outside of the resort. Its not the Grand Californian or anything. What it is: a very nice, friendly, clean hotel with reasonable rates offering a expanded free breakfast with a nice pool and kiddie pool. It is what it is and we love it, we are pretty picky. Don't hesitate to stay here if you cant afford the resort hotels.

• Stayed: September 2005
12  Thank HappyNorthwesterner
Write a ReviewReviews (2,845)

Reviewed 26 February 2006

We were at the Candy Cane for three nights Feb 17 to 19, the room we were in had stains on the carpet and mold in the shower. For medical reasons we asked for an addition pillow and the response from the front desk was "We don't have any we are sold out this weekend". The free shuttle to Disneyland smelt was so bad my 12 year old refuse to get back on it. Althought it is convenient, we will not stay there again.

8  Thank CheerMom
A TripAdvisor Member
Hollister, Ca
Reviewed 24 February 2006

After much research, I decided to stay at the Candy Cane Inn. It was just myself and my 10 year old daughter. The desk staff was pleasant, the room was very clean and well kept...but the "pros" ended there.

The pool stays open until 11pm, which meant nonstop screaming and kids running up and down the stairwells. The room was non-smoking, but there were trash/smoking bins right outside the rooms. So smokers would congregate, talk on their phones till almost midnight every night right outside the rooms.

The plumbing is EXTREMELY loud throughout the building, whether it is a shower or just a bathroom sink next door.

Each morning hotel staff would empty the trash/smoking bins at 6:40am! Rolling the bins around, banging them and putting in new liners and yelling back and forth to one another. Very inconsiderate and unprofessional.

We have been to Disneyland many many times and I have never stayed in a hotel that had such a noise problem.
This was not our cheapest choice of Hotels by any means. I would strongly recommend the Howard Johnson, the Desert Inn & Suites or the Desert Palms over this hotel, they are more economical and a better experience overall.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Escondido, California
Reviewed 24 February 2006

There were so numerous problems that I encountered with this hotel that I don't know where to begin. First thing that was on my list was the losing of a reservation to the tune of a whole month off, even though I confirmed it over the phone three times before they sent me my confirmation letter, that they fixed. Another thing, if you're going to double your rates because there's a convention in town, try stepping up the service to a level that is comparable to the price that is being charged for the servce being delivered. Thier in room "hi-speed" wireless is comparabe to 28.8 dial-up at best, you'd think that you were on a token ring network with another thousand users. The inability to go to sleep at a decent hour because of another guest with an inconsiderate child skateboarding up and down the hallway till 10:20P.M. without intervention from seurity makes it rather difficult to get a good nights rest to be able to get up early enough for thier "free" continental breakfast, where the one thing they don't give you for free is water. Even upon request the most effort that not just one but two staff members went to was to point us towards a drinking fountain in the lobby, which everybody knows that you can take back to your room to take medication(yeah, they'd love it if I tore that off the wall and took it back to my room), not even the out of order vending machine was of any use at that point. All in all, for $134.00, I'm thoroughly dissappointed at the service that I received from this establishment. The single thing that I can say in a positive manner is that the room was clean and the bed didn't give me a backache.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 February 2006

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn when we went to Disneyland after reading all the rave reviews. It was quite nice but I wouldn't rave. The main problem for us was the size of the room. We had 2 adults, 3 kids and 5 suitcases as we were on an extended trip. The room they gave us had 2 queen beds and a single folda-bed that we couldn't fit in the room without squishing up the other beds and moving the TV unit. Even then the door wouldn't fully open. When we complained we were told all the rooms were the same size except the deluxe rooms (a tiny bit bigger) but they were a lot more expensive as they had extra maid service, etc. that we didn't want anyway. With the 5 suitcases there was little room to move! We didn't stay in the room much, anyway. The location was very handy to Disneyland and restaurants, the breakfast by the pool was very good, the pool and spa were nice, overall good, but not for 5 people.

5  Thank Ozi-gal
Reviewed 18 February 2006

We loved the Candy Can Inn! The reviews posted are accurate! We have 3 small children and it was perfect. We saved lots on breakfast, the room was VERY clean! If you can book this INN! Go for it! You won't be disappointed. We would definetly stay here again and will recommend the Inn to our friends!

7  Thank Caper
Reviewed 15 February 2006

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn, arriving late at night on Thurs, Feb 2 for 3 nights. We got 2 rooms, and unfortunately they were not connecting, even though we requested that (they clearly stated that they could not guarantee connecting rooms, even though I paid more per night) so that was a little disappointing. It was nice to have 2 rooms with 2 teenage daughters - mainly so we could have 2 bathrooms to get ready in the morning and get to Disneyland at a decent time! The rooms were clean and updated, nothing fancy or special, but nice. Nice to have 2 queen beds in the rooms, now that the kids are older, and bigger! It was a very, very conveinant, short walk or shuttle ride to the park. Location, location, location! Nice to have your own shuttle, and not have to stop at a lot of other hotels. Breakfast was fine (bagels, toast, sweetrolls, cereal, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juices, fruit), but very, very busy and crowded in the morning, so we usually took bagels and drinks back to our room. We have stayed in a different hotel each time at Disneyland, and I would definately come back again to the Candy Cane Inn. For a $100 a night, it is a good deal and a great location!

12  Thank SCCalifornia