“Candy Cane Inn is our place”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Spokane,Wa
“Candy Cane Inn is our place”
Reviewed 18 October 2009

We just love it there. We went on our honeymoon and every anniversary for the last 3 years. We couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. Always clean,helpful. The shuttle to and from the park is so great. We usually stay to late to catch it home for the night, but it's a beautifuk walk to the hotel. We will be returning every year for a very long time.

1 Thank lovemickeyandminnie
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 19 October 2009
I am so delighted to learn that you have spent your honeymoon and anniversaries since with us. It would certainly be my pleasure to assist you with your next year's reservations and feel free to contact me directly. Warm regards and we look forward to many enjoyable years together.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 October 2009

So close to Disneyland you can walk. Breakfasts around the pool a terrific idea
All the staff were very obliging especially Cara?? who checked us in.
Rooms are clean and provide all the necessities but can be a bit noisy with airconditioners from neighbouring rooms
Would recommend this hotel for its proximity and the great staff.
Heather
Melbourne

2 Thank Hop3535
Thank you so much for staying with us and your feedback regarding your stay. Thank you for your kind comments about Carla at our front desk. She is certainly special, helpful and very friendly with our guests. We do appreciate your business and I wish you a great day!
London, England
Reviewed 16 October 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights while we visited Disneyland and were very very happy with our choice. The location is perfect - a ten minute walk right to the entry gates of the park and no having to cross a busy road. We had a room at the back of the property and it was blissfully quiet. The room was clean and while it wasn't the fanciest it was perfectly adequate for what it was. For the price you pat it is extremely good value- free wifi, free parking and a lovely carb-centric breakfast with some of the best bagels and donuts I have had in a long time (but then I am from England). My only quibble was that the beds were a bit soft, but that is jusy my personal taste. Overall I would recommend CCI to anyone wanting somewhere safe and clean to stay with easy access to Disneyland. Oh, and the hottub was a godsend after a long day spent on your feet.

2 Thank AMSmith411
Thank you for making the choice to stay with us on your recent Disneyland visit. We do strive to provide price value while maintaining a level of comfort and quality unequalled by our direct competition. We do get many compliments on our double pillow top Serta mattresses however this is certainly a personal preference item. Warm regards!
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 14 October 2009

We selected the Candy Cane Inn based on the rave reviews here on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed! My wife, 3-year old daughter and stayed for seven nights on a week long trip to Disneyland, and we were sad to leave.

The property is cleaner and better kept than any of the surrounding hotels. The cobblestone driveways, landscaping and buildings are elegant, clean, and make you feel comfortable. The pool courtyard where breakfast is served is very nice, with a swimming pool, hot tub and kid's wading pool. The rooms are "motel" style with the doors on the outside of the buildings, however the entire property is a courtyard and all the rooms face the inside of the property, so the rooms feel every bit as safe as a hotel with doors on interior hallways.

The rooms are every bit as clean and nice as any hotel I've ever stayed in. The beds had pillow-top mattresses and were very comfortable. The rooms aren't huge, but they are perfect for 3-4 people. The rooms are also very quiet -- even with the busy street the hotel faces you can't hear a thing because the rooms are on the interior of the property. My wife is extremely picky about hotels, and she loved the Candy Cane Inn.

The breakfast is continental style --fruit, bagels, croissants, bread, muffins, cereals, juices, milk, coffee, hot cocoa, etc. The fare was all very fresh and very tasty -- I stay in plenty of hotels where a continental breakfast means stale donuts -- that is not the case here. No complaints. The only thing in our whole experience that would have been nicer would be if the breakfast had stayed open until 10 AM instead of 9 AM, but that really didn't mess us up too much and it doesn't even put a dent in my opinion of the Candy Cane Inn.

Finally, the staff was great and the location can't be beat if you're here for Disneyland -- a ten minute walk to the front gate of the park. They even have their own shuttle (not the shared Anaheim transit thing that makes 15 stops on its way to the park) if you don't feel like walking. We never used it because it was so close to walk, but it was a great feeling knowing that it was there if we needed it.

We'll be back the next time we travel to Anaheim!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank KaseyDH
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 15 October 2009
Thank you for staying with us and your wonderful comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and cannot wait have you come and stay with us again in the future. Warm regards!
Bay Area, California
Reviewed 13 October 2009

I'm not typically one to stay in a motel type place, but decided to give this place a chance based on the stellar reviews. On the plus side, the kiddies appreciated the kiddie size pool and the room was pretty quiet considering we were on the first floor of a motel. The shuttle was convenient and the location of the Inn is definitely walking distance, but given all the walking you do at Disneyland the shuttle helped. The bathroom was what I would expect of any motel - dingy, low water pressure and compelled me to wear flip flops in the shower. Beds were fine. This isn't anything fancy but if you can live with the fact that it really is just a place to sleep at night, this is not a bad spot.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank JustMeandering
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback. I am sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations during your most recent stay. Our Engineering and Housekeeping teams continually check the quality and comfort of our guestrooms. I do thank you for this information and hope you will allow us to restore you confidence in the future.
Maryland
Reviewed 12 October 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights. I booked based on the previous reviews and location. I was very pleased once I got there. The room was very clean and had no odors. Check in and check out was a breeze. There was plenty of lighting in the room (I really dislike rooms that still look dim even after you turn on all the light sources.). Internet connection was never a problem. Hooray for having plenty of towels too! Too often I have to "go begging" for a third towel just to dry my hair.
You can't beat the location and FREE Parking. It was just 15 mins.or so walk from Disney. Very close to restaurants and shops. BTW, I would recommend La Casa Garcia on W. Chapman Ave.for Mexican food. We went for lunch and had the shredded beef burrito. It was more than enough and very tasty! Lots of beef, guacamole, and sour cream. A great deal for only $8.
Breakfast at the Candy Cane was plentiful. Lots of bagels, toast, muffins, cereal, and fruit! We usually went around 8am which seemed to be a good time. Lots of food and seating.
I would definitely would return to stay and recommend the Candy Cane Inn.

2 Thank SuzanneL7
Thank you so much for staying with us and providing your feedback for prospective guests. We do value guest's comments and make changes with respect of travelers and their wants and needs. We believe in 4 of each towel's based on families and why make a second trip for requests. I too really enjoy La Casa Garcia and recommended just this evening to a guest. Warm regards!
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Nothing fancy here but close to the parks and the staff are very friendly! They even have a shuttle that runs every 1/2 hour to the park. Free parking is also a plus.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hapigal1
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 12 October 2009
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to share your response. Warm regards!