Candy Cane Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Anaheim
See available hotels
View Hotel
Castle Inn and Suites(Anaheim)
  • Breakfast included
Alpine Inn(Anaheim)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
2,871 results
All reviewspremium roombagelsfree shuttlebreakfast deliveredalways on timecontinental breakfastevery half hourminute walkhard boiled eggsshuttle that runsaaa discountshuttle serviceafter a long dayvisiting disneylandwelcome basketright next dooreach morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2009

We spent 5 nights here in late September/October and had 2 adjoining rooms for my mum and I and my 3 kids, aged 2, 7 and 10. Firstly, I would say that this hotel is great for the purpose of visiting Disneyland, which let's face it is all you will be doing in Anaheim. It is a 10 -15 minute easy walk from the hotel and one of the major bonuses staying here is the shuttle bus that runs at set times, so you can plan your departure and importantly at the end of a long day, your return!!! That really came in handy and the drivers of the bus were helpful and friendly.
The rooms were clean and a reasonable size. The pool is not big but fine for the kids to have a swim in as we found the weather really hot and we are from Perth! The breakfast is average but free, so easy for a piece of toast and OJ before you hit the park.
The one thing we didn't find with this hotel was the front desk staff being the least welcoming or helpful and this surprised us due to all the raving on trip advisor. There was no big greeting on our arrival despite having flown for about 25 hours, in fact nobody cared less but got over that. We had ordered a cot (crib), which are free, but found it really wobbly and had only a base but no mattress, so was really uncomfortable for our 2 yr old and could move it standing in it. When I inquired about getting a replacement or mattress at least, front desk couldn't have been less helpful or interested, so decided he just had to sleep in a bed with his sister. I would prefer to pay for a cot and at least get one that can be used.
I was also surprised when I went to the front desk to advise them that a Doctor would be coming to our room as my 2 yr old was sick (it turned out he had the swine flu) and didn't even get a blink of the eyes or a golly is everything OK or do you need anything.
Anyway, they were the only whinges and not big deals, so rated this hotel (which from Australia is really a motel as cars park outside rooms) very good due to it's location, shuttle and reasonable sized rooms, which suited us and they were clean and presentable. As you spent such long days at Disney and surrounds, the hotel really is somewhere to sleep but we found our stay here easy and convenient.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2009

First and foremost, how is your little one doing? Fine I hope! Secondly, thank you for staying with us and I appreciate your honest and straight forwardness in your review. While we do in fact get many raving reviews, I personally take to heart and investigate ALL comments. We certainly have not delivered to your expectations and that saddens me and you can rest assured it is being dealt with. We must never forget that sincere friendliness and genuine caring are basic ingredients to customer service and hospitality. Thank you again for your business and comments. Warm regards!

Reviewed 18 October 2009

We just love it there. We went on our honeymoon and every anniversary for the last 3 years. We couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. Always clean,helpful. The shuttle to and from the park is so great. We usually stay to late to catch it home for the night, but it's a beautifuk walk to the hotel. We will be returning every year for a very long time.

1  Thank lovemickeyandminnie
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2009

I am so delighted to learn that you have spent your honeymoon and anniversaries since with us. It would certainly be my pleasure to assist you with your next year's reservations and feel free to contact me directly. Warm regards and we look forward to many enjoyable years together.

Reviewed 16 October 2009

So close to Disneyland you can walk. Breakfasts around the pool a terrific idea
All the staff were very obliging especially Cara?? who checked us in.
Rooms are clean and provide all the necessities but can be a bit noisy with airconditioners from neighbouring rooms
Would recommend this hotel for its proximity and the great staff.
Heather
Melbourne

2  Thank Hop3535

Thank you so much for staying with us and your feedback regarding your stay. Thank you for your kind comments about Carla at our front desk. She is certainly special, helpful and very friendly with our guests. We do appreciate your business and I wish you a great day!

Reviewed 16 October 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights while we visited Disneyland and were very very happy with our choice. The location is perfect - a ten minute walk right to the entry gates of the park and no having to cross a busy road. We had a room at the back of the property and it was blissfully quiet. The room was clean and while it wasn't the fanciest it was perfectly adequate for what it was. For the price you pat it is extremely good value- free wifi, free parking and a lovely carb-centric breakfast with some of the best bagels and donuts I have had in a long time (but then I am from England). My only quibble was that the beds were a bit soft, but that is jusy my personal taste. Overall I would recommend CCI to anyone wanting somewhere safe and clean to stay with easy access to Disneyland. Oh, and the hottub was a godsend after a long day spent on your feet.

2  Thank AMSmith411

Thank you for making the choice to stay with us on your recent Disneyland visit. We do strive to provide price value while maintaining a level of comfort and quality unequalled by our direct competition. We do get many compliments on our double pillow top Serta mattresses however this is certainly a personal preference item. Warm regards!

Reviewed 14 October 2009

We selected the Candy Cane Inn based on the rave reviews here on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed! My wife, 3-year old daughter and stayed for seven nights on a week long trip to Disneyland, and we were sad to leave.

The property is cleaner and better kept than any of the surrounding hotels. The cobblestone driveways, landscaping and buildings are elegant, clean, and make you feel comfortable. The pool courtyard where breakfast is served is very nice, with a swimming pool, hot tub and kid's wading pool. The rooms are "motel" style with the doors on the outside of the buildings, however the entire property is a courtyard and all the rooms face the inside of the property, so the rooms feel every bit as safe as a hotel with doors on interior hallways.

The rooms are every bit as clean and nice as any hotel I've ever stayed in. The beds had pillow-top mattresses and were very comfortable. The rooms aren't huge, but they are perfect for 3-4 people. The rooms are also very quiet -- even with the busy street the hotel faces you can't hear a thing because the rooms are on the interior of the property. My wife is extremely picky about hotels, and she loved the Candy Cane Inn.

The breakfast is continental style --fruit, bagels, croissants, bread, muffins, cereals, juices, milk, coffee, hot cocoa, etc. The fare was all very fresh and very tasty -- I stay in plenty of hotels where a continental breakfast means stale donuts -- that is not the case here. No complaints. The only thing in our whole experience that would have been nicer would be if the breakfast had stayed open until 10 AM instead of 9 AM, but that really didn't mess us up too much and it doesn't even put a dent in my opinion of the Candy Cane Inn.

Finally, the staff was great and the location can't be beat if you're here for Disneyland -- a ten minute walk to the front gate of the park. They even have their own shuttle (not the shared Anaheim transit thing that makes 15 stops on its way to the park) if you don't feel like walking. We never used it because it was so close to walk, but it was a great feeling knowing that it was there if we needed it.

We'll be back the next time we travel to Anaheim!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank KaseyDH
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2009

Thank you for staying with us and your wonderful comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and cannot wait have you come and stay with us again in the future. Warm regards!