“Family Trip”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 27 October 2009

Private, amazingly quiet, beautiful, short walk to Disney, breakfast buffet.

Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank AJHarp
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2009

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. We look forward in seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Anaheim area.

Reviewed 25 October 2009

I stayed at the Candy Cane Inn for 3 nights in late October. I stayed with my family of 4, including children ages 2 and 4, in one room and my in-laws in another. We LOVED it here. Let's face it...if you're considering the Candy Cane Inn then you obviously don't want to spend hundreds of dollars a night to be on property. I looked on TripAdvisor for a good deal that would still be nice and comfortable. This motel is not the closest hotel to the Disneyland entrance, however it is still very close. There are a few hotels right across the street but that means crossing a super busy street (where the cars in this area are NOT considerate) and those hotels don't have the same ambiance. The walk is about 300 yards - 6 minutes if you walk fast - 10 if you don't. Shuttle runs every 30 min and it's free. All the other hotels use the ART, which charges by the day. There is a laundry facility, free parking, free continental breakfast, and lots of eating places nearby which easily makes this motel a great deal. Candy Cane Inn rooms are slightly small but tolerable. Customer service is SPECTACULAR and this is the biggest selling point. They offered to help me print my boarding passes, found me boxes to pack up the stuff that didn't fit in my luggage. And when Danilo brought my boxes, he even brought me some tape knowing I probably didn't have any. To top it off, when I tried to tip him, he declined it and said he did it from the heart. You'll see employees wiping down the rails (every inch) working, smiling, and working more. Bottom line, the rooms are nice, maybe a little small, but all the little details will make this motel top notch. Can't imagine a better bet for your buck.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank erune
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2009

Thank you so very much for allowing us the opportunity to have you stay with us. I am delighted to hear that your visit was enjoyable and we met all of your expectations. Danilo, our Housekeeping Manager is a gracious person and runs a very good department. Today we must all be concerned with cleanliness and he and his team do an outstanding job. Again, thank you for your business, it is most appreciated. Warm Regards!

Reviewed 22 October 2009

We just stayed here for one night and I was impressed. It's a motel, not a swanky hotel, but it was well taken care of, the staff was very pleasant and helfpul, and it was great value. It was in a perfect location, a short (10 min or less) walk to Disneyland and a few block walk to a big mall with lots of great shops and restaurants such as P.F. Changs. Downtown Disney was a longer walk away (20 min), maybe it would be hard with little kids, but it was nice for us.

There were a few families with kids around, but we had no noise issues at all. I loved having breakfast by the pool.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caitlinlu
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2009

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your feedback. True, we are a not a "big box" hotel however, we do strive to provide a very clean, comfortable, peaceful, relaxing and friendly experience for all types of travelers. Our location is perfect as we are about equal distance to Disneyland, Anaheim Gardenwalk and the Anaheim Convention Center. We look forward in serving you again and have a delightful day!

Reviewed 21 October 2009

We spent 5 nights here in late September/October and had 2 adjoining rooms for my mum and I and my 3 kids, aged 2, 7 and 10. Firstly, I would say that this hotel is great for the purpose of visiting Disneyland, which let's face it is all you will be doing in Anaheim. It is a 10 -15 minute easy walk from the hotel and one of the major bonuses staying here is the shuttle bus that runs at set times, so you can plan your departure and importantly at the end of a long day, your return!!! That really came in handy and the drivers of the bus were helpful and friendly.
The rooms were clean and a reasonable size. The pool is not big but fine for the kids to have a swim in as we found the weather really hot and we are from Perth! The breakfast is average but free, so easy for a piece of toast and OJ before you hit the park.
The one thing we didn't find with this hotel was the front desk staff being the least welcoming or helpful and this surprised us due to all the raving on trip advisor. There was no big greeting on our arrival despite having flown for about 25 hours, in fact nobody cared less but got over that. We had ordered a cot (crib), which are free, but found it really wobbly and had only a base but no mattress, so was really uncomfortable for our 2 yr old and could move it standing in it. When I inquired about getting a replacement or mattress at least, front desk couldn't have been less helpful or interested, so decided he just had to sleep in a bed with his sister. I would prefer to pay for a cot and at least get one that can be used.
I was also surprised when I went to the front desk to advise them that a Doctor would be coming to our room as my 2 yr old was sick (it turned out he had the swine flu) and didn't even get a blink of the eyes or a golly is everything OK or do you need anything.
Anyway, they were the only whinges and not big deals, so rated this hotel (which from Australia is really a motel as cars park outside rooms) very good due to it's location, shuttle and reasonable sized rooms, which suited us and they were clean and presentable. As you spent such long days at Disney and surrounds, the hotel really is somewhere to sleep but we found our stay here easy and convenient.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family

First and foremost, how is your little one doing? Fine I hope! Secondly, thank you for staying with us and I appreciate your honest and straight forwardness in your review. While we do in fact get many raving reviews, I personally take to heart and investigate ALL comments. We certainly have not delivered to your expectations and that saddens me and you can rest assured it is being dealt with. We must never forget that sincere friendliness and genuine caring are basic ingredients to customer service and hospitality. Thank you again for your business and comments. Warm regards!

Reviewed 18 October 2009

We just love it there. We went on our honeymoon and every anniversary for the last 3 years. We couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. Always clean,helpful. The shuttle to and from the park is so great. We usually stay to late to catch it home for the night, but it's a beautifuk walk to the hotel. We will be returning every year for a very long time.

1  Thank lovemickeyandminnie
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2009

I am so delighted to learn that you have spent your honeymoon and anniversaries since with us. It would certainly be my pleasure to assist you with your next year's reservations and feel free to contact me directly. Warm regards and we look forward to many enjoyable years together.

Reviewed 16 October 2009

So close to Disneyland you can walk. Breakfasts around the pool a terrific idea
All the staff were very obliging especially Cara?? who checked us in.
Rooms are clean and provide all the necessities but can be a bit noisy with airconditioners from neighbouring rooms
Would recommend this hotel for its proximity and the great staff.
Heather
Melbourne

2  Thank Hop3535

Thank you so much for staying with us and your feedback regarding your stay. Thank you for your kind comments about Carla at our front desk. She is certainly special, helpful and very friendly with our guests. We do appreciate your business and I wish you a great day!

Reviewed 16 October 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights while we visited Disneyland and were very very happy with our choice. The location is perfect - a ten minute walk right to the entry gates of the park and no having to cross a busy road. We had a room at the back of the property and it was blissfully quiet. The room was clean and while it wasn't the fanciest it was perfectly adequate for what it was. For the price you pat it is extremely good value- free wifi, free parking and a lovely carb-centric breakfast with some of the best bagels and donuts I have had in a long time (but then I am from England). My only quibble was that the beds were a bit soft, but that is jusy my personal taste. Overall I would recommend CCI to anyone wanting somewhere safe and clean to stay with easy access to Disneyland. Oh, and the hottub was a godsend after a long day spent on your feet.

2  Thank AMSmith411

Thank you for making the choice to stay with us on your recent Disneyland visit. We do strive to provide price value while maintaining a level of comfort and quality unequalled by our direct competition. We do get many compliments on our double pillow top Serta mattresses however this is certainly a personal preference item. Warm regards!