“Loved, Loved Candy Cane Inn”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved, Loved Candy Cane Inn”
Reviewed 19 April 2006

I would recommend this place to stay. The location was great, so close to the parks. Also pay more to get the premium room. Well worth the extra $.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
Reviewed 18 April 2006

Stayed there April 13 to 15. Got a standard room for the four of us. Two adults and two teenagers. The room is small and next to the street. We can hear some street noise and people walking on the hallway. The room is clean and ordinary and nothing special. The air conditioner is a little noisy also.

4 Thank Edwin Y
Phoenxiville, AP
Reviewed 17 April 2006

I'd read every review I could find about the Candy Cane before booking my reservation for my family's trip to Disneyland. I was so impressed by what I read that I changed my reservation from another local hotel to stay at the Candy Cane.

It was not in vain.

The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The grounds were gorgeous, so beautifully landscaped and cared for. The value was astounding -- we ended up paying much less per night than where we'd previously booked PLUS we had the free continential breakfast AND the free shuttle to the Disney parks.

We were also close enough to the parks that we could walk, if we so chose, which we did a couple of times. When we took the shuttle bus, the drivers were wonderful.

I can't say enough about our great experience at the Candy Cane except to encourage everyone to consider a stay here. You won't be disappointed!!!

Stayed April 2006
19 Thank CMCLaura
San Francisco
Reviewed 11 April 2006

This was our first visit to the Candy Cane Inn, after reading reviews from this website we decided to give it a try. It exceded our expectations. It is truly one of the best places we have ever stayed while visiting Disneyland. I am a tough to please when it comes to my accomodations. LOVED IT! It is clean, the grounds are beautiful, the staff is pleasant and helpful the big plus it is an easy walk to Disneyland ( even when your tired! ) To block out the expected noises from the outside world we just turned on the fan in the room and slept like babies!
If you play hard enough at Disneyland you shouldn't need all the extras that the fancy hotels offer.
We will be back!

18 Thank suzego
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 10 April 2006

We had a girl's trip to Disneyland and based upon the positive reviews on TripAdvisor we booked a room at the Candy Cane Inn. We arrived at the hotel early so our room was not ready. We hopped on to the free shuttle to Disney. When we got back to the hotel later in the evening we picked up our key and went to our room. We had a nice room on the second floor of the hotel close to the pool. My only complaint is that I didn't know there was not an elevator to the second floor and I had to carry my suitcases up the stiars. We were pleasantly surprised by our room; it was clean, comfortable and had nice toiletries and in room coffee. The next morning we woke up and enjoyed the breakfast that is served. The breakfast room is a little small but we enjoyed eating out by the pool. They served cereal, bagels, toast and assorted pastries. We enjoyed our stay - the room was clean and quiet. When I arrived home I discovered that we accidentally left a few items in the room. I contacted them and they called me to let me know that they indeed locate my lost items and mailed them back to me.

positives - close proximity, timely shuttle, nicely decorated rooms, deluxe toiletries, in-room coffee, decent breakfast, shutters that block out light, great staff, good value for money

negatives - not enough time to enjoy the pool

Thanks for a nice trip!

10 Thank gabismom
Kirkland, WA
Reviewed 9 April 2006

This is what I use TripAdvisor for - and it has yet to let me down. I look for places like the Candy Cane Inn which I might never have found. It is a true gem in a field full of choices. Our stay was for 4 days, 3 nights in a premium room. We had 3 kids with us - 16, 15, and 8. Our room was cozy (with a rollaway), but it was manageable, and the little extras were appreciated - the bottles of water, the coffee, tea and biscotti, and the refrigerator itself. The breakfast delivered to our room was our wake up call each morning, and the pool/hot tub was a great way to end a busy day. We spent 2 full days at Disneyland, and felt the proximity of the hotel was ideal. Close enough to walk, but a great shuttle if you needed it.

I've stayed in many luxury hotels for business and pleasure, but felt this met our needs exactly. It provided us with a comfortable oasis near the happiest place on Earth. And really - when you're there to do Disneyland, what more do you really need?

18 Thank ErinLeary
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 April 2006

What it is:
A motel with clean rooms, tasteful decor, nice breakfast, and small pool with hot tub. Great proximity to Disneyland - just about a block and a half...you don't even really need the shuttle.
What it isn't:
It's not a hotel. There is no room service, etc., and no restaurant on site. (There is a Subway across the street, though...we ate there three times!) It's not quiet...you can hear people walking and talking outside your room or next door quite clearly. My kids were disappointed that there weren't movies for rent on the TV - also no DVD/VCR player.
However, if you want to save your money for Disneyland and you want a pleasant place to stay, the Candy Cane Inn will serve you quite nicely.

20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member