“wonderful stay”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
portland,oregon
“wonderful stay”
Reviewed 1 May 2006

Just got back from a 6 night stay at the Candy Cane Inn. Will stay here again!!! My husband even gives my 18 year old daughter permission to come back and stay with some friends he feels they would be very safe here. It is 5 to 10 minute walk to Disneyland and you only cross one street to get to main entrance. Rooms where very clean and staff was friendly. Breakfast in the morning was busy but kept well stocked and food area was wiped down every few minutes and kept clean. Beds where wonderful upon returning home husband said we need better matteress. Subway across street, loved Mimi's about 15 minute walk away, Tony Roma 10 minute walk. All and all great trip

19 Thank scgilfill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Chandler, AZ
Reviewed 28 April 2006

Arrived on 4/23/06, check in was about only 10 minutes. We reserved the deluxe room for a few dollars more. It was larger than the standard room and comes with a big T.V., I would advise to reserve this room if you have 3 or more persons. The Hotel was Very well keep up and very clean and inviting. The pool area has 2 pools, one for the small kids and another that is about 5 ft deep. The Jacuzzi was relaxing after a night in Disneyland. Never had to use the shuttle that was available, it was only a 10 minute walk, which was great since we came back to the hotel to drop off souvenirs and have a quick nap.. Plenty of restaurants and fast food places north and south of the hotel, plus a Target and a Walgreens just blocks south of the hotel for emergency needs. You can see the Disneyland fireworks on the south side on 2nd floor level . This is the 2nd time at this hotel and have a Great time both times. If you are in need of a Luxury Hotel, this is not for you. But for a budgeted Family who don’t need the high price needs, this is a good place!!!

• Stayed April 2006
16 Thank sparkyasu60
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 April 2006

Stayed for 6 nights. Clean rooms and bathroom, housekeeping very good. Pool was well maintained, kids really enjoyed it. Hot tub clean as well. Free continental breakfast was basic, but good. I disliked the coffee (in fact coffee throughout Disneyland area was poor).
Location was great, 7-11 next door for snacks and drinks, liquor store across the street. Shuttle runs promptly every 1/2 hour although we walked to the Disneyland parking lot next door and caught the golf-cart like train that took us to the Disney entrance, when we had just missed the shuttle. Walked back to the hotel a couple of times, not too far, but with kids full of sugar and exhausted, the shuttle was welcoming. Would likely stay there again as the consistently good online reviews are accurate..

• Stayed April 2006
15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 April 2006

We booked the Candy Cane Inn through the Disney web site when I took my daugher there for her 3rd birthday. Our room was not available when we arrived in the morning and they stored our luggage for us while we headed out to the park.

Since it was my first time there we took the free shuttle to the park since I was not familiar with how to get to the park. On subsequent days we just walked (~10 minutes) since I wanted the exercise and the weather was nice. The shuttle is a real bus versus some van, so it is made for people to get in and out of. I was able to bring my folded up stroller on without any issue. I also enjoyed that the walk to the park did not require crossing any busy streets.

The room was clean and nicly decorated. I found the beds to be comfortable and did not have any issues with noise in my room.

The staff was very friendly. They helped me out on multiple occassions with directions and with getting a shuttle to visit my relatives in Fullerton.

The breakfast was simple and good. There is not a lot of tables inside, so we ate outside on both days we were there, which was fine since the weather was mild.

Overall, very happy with the location, the staff and the hotel. I would stay there again and would recomend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed November 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2006

I just wanted to add my review....a little after the fact (July 2005), but I thought it was better late than never.
Prior to this most recent visit to Disney we stayed at 2 other nearby properties. I won't mention names, but they are well-known chains. In sum, both of those accomodation experiences SUCKED! So, for this trip we spent more time doing research and were willing to spend a few more dollars to get (we hoped) a better deal. Well, I am pleased to say that the research and the willingness to increase the budget (just a little) really paid off! Our entire family loved the Candy Cane Inn. Sure, one could say the rooms are a little on the small side, and the pool is a little small, but we didn't find that to be a major deal at all. The breakfast was really handy and there were enough choices for everyone. We especially enjoyed the dedicated shuttle! On those burning, hot summer days, sometimes the short walk was a little too much and a ride was most appreciated. The customer service was great overall, so I am a little surprised about some of the comments here. However, I guess hotel staff, just like the guests, could have a "bad day". If management is top knotch, the staff will be happier and the "bad days" probably fewer.

In sum, I hope the Candy Cane Inn continues to strive towards excellence, while hopefully keeping the competative prices they currently have. The affordability is what makes this place particularly great for families. Most middle classed families cannot afford the Disneyland Hotel, but at the Candy Cane Inn, you won't think you are missing a thing!

Have fun!

• Stayed July 2005
16 Thank cynlouhoo
Illinois
Reviewed 26 April 2006

I booked this place based on all the wonderful recommendations, but I have to say I was not impressed. It is really just a fancied up old motel. It has been updated, and has some nice features, but it isn't as wonderful as I thought it would be based on what I have read here and on other travel forums. Our room was not all that nice and the view of the parking lot was, well, not very delightful. I do have to give it props on the location. It is close to Disneyland, but again, this was one of the hotels that Walt wasn't happy about in the 60s because it is so close to Disney. I think next time, for the money, I will try someplace else.

• Stayed February 2006
12 Thank GaryEwing
Nottinghamshire
Reviewed 24 April 2006

Hard to find fault with this little charmer. The Candy Cane Inn is welcoming, clean, friendly and perfectly positioned for Disney fans with a free bus (complete with jolly driver) to and from the parks. Children are made very welcome with great amenities and a lovely little pool. There's a good comlimentary breakfast too that you can eat around the pool.
One of the cheapest, yet nicest hotels we stayed in during our tour of California. But, if I had to find a fault, it would be the same with all the hotels we stayed in - you can't brew a good cup of tea through a coffee machine.

(Oh come on..... I am English!)

Stayed April 2006