Wondering why people seem to love the Candy Cane? On the surface, it seems to have what all the other hotels have - rooms, shuttle, pool. It costs a little more than many of the other properties. It's clearly not in the Disney properties class, so why do people consistently rate it so high on TravelAdvisor?
- Great staff, who go out of their way, time and again, to solve problems and make your stay better.
- A REAL, STAFFED front desk (increasingly rare in Anaheim).
- A DEDICATED shuttle service to the parks - other hotels share a shuttle, so it stops all over and if you miss the window at your hotel, you're out of luck. The CCI bus waits for most of the half hour at the hotel, then makes a run over and back. Perfect if, like us, you consistently get to the bus only to remember you forgot your tickets, water bottles, sunblock, hat, autograph book...
- True walking distance to the parks (if you don't want to shuttle).
- Nice rooms for the cost. Definitely value for money. Again, you won't find top-of-the-line amenities and linens, but very nice compared to comparably-priced hotels in Anaheim. Each room has plantation shutters to block out light, and double-paned windows to block out sound.
- That breakfast! Perfect for families on their way to the park. To buy breakfast along Harbor or Katella you will, I promise, have to stand in line for 30 minutes and then pay through the nose for bad food. At CCI, we eat our bagels and cream cheese or cereal at poolside and stow our apples for mid-morning, and we're happy and $30 richer. We always meet interesting people at breakfast, too.
- The clientele. We have never been awakened by a frat party, a truck rally in the parking lot, or a shouting match down the hall. And yes, all these things have happened to us at other Anaheim properties.
We discovered CCI by being lucky enough to win a stay there several years ago, and it's now our regular Disney lodging. We've stayed at 4 other Disney hotels, and none of them even come close. We happily pay the extra $20 or $30 a night for our room over other Anaheim hotels because we know we will sleep and eat well and that our memories will be of the park visits, and not of the (bad) hotel stay!
- Also Known As:
- Candy Cane Hotel Anaheim
- Candy Cane Inn Anaheim, California
- Candy Cane Anaheim