“SWEET Candy Cane Inn”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Vancouver
“SWEET Candy Cane Inn”
Reviewed 23 December 2010

From the moment we walked through the front doors, James made us feel "at home." We enjoyed our room with a view, the friendly, helpful staff and my husband's favorite, the high tech bagel toaster. It was a relaxing 10 min walk to Disneyland or a shuttle van to the Park. This was our best trip to Disneyland and a very SWEET place to sleep.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Otis810
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 25 December 2010
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind comments regarding your enjoyable stay and James. We do appreciate your business and look forward in seeing you again. Warm Regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
las vegas
Reviewed 22 December 2010

This hotel is fantastic. I knew it was close to Disneyland, but I didn't realize just HOW close it was! If it wasn't pouring rain, we would have walked to the park. Fortunately, there is a shuttle to Disneyland that leaves every half hour.

We arrived around noon, and they let us check in early. The hotel was clean & the beds were comfortable. We had water and cookies and other little goodies waiting for us in our room.

They brought breakfast to our room in the morning for free.

The only complaint I have is that we requested a rollaway bed well in advance. They had the beds available when we arrived, but when we came home from the park at night, I was surprised they had not put the rollaway bed in our room. I called to request it, but they did not have any available. I can't even really complain because they brought us an air mattress and removed the $10 rollaway fee from my credit card.

Oh and I'm not sure if they have free Wifi. I couldn't get connected, but I didn't try all that hard either...

Great customer service, great location, I'd absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ariello
Thank you for staying with us and providing me with this valuable information regarding your rollaway bed. We listen to our guests and I have reviewed this situation in-depth with our Front Office Manager. Feedback is always welcome as we can research and make necessary operational changes to better serve future guests. I do apologize for this inconvenience and am delighted that you were satisfied with the complimentary air mattress. Please feel free to contact me should you be visiting again as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Happy Holidays!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 14 December 2010

not a rave. We got there early, flight arrived at 11am so our shuttle got us to CCI around noon. Staff barely interested in assisting us - it was our first trip, I didn't even know where Disney WAS from there. Desk clerk told us to come back at 3pm, and offered to store our bags. I had to ask for directions on what to do from there. It wasn't crowded, it was just lack of interest in customers.

When we returned after 3pm, we were given a parking pass and our room keys. Our room was on the first floor, directly under the stairs and across from the ice machine and vending. No view, no natural light, lots of noise. Thanks. I had written under "special instructions" when submitting my online reservation that t was our first trip. Evidently that doesn't matter.

The room itself is fine. Beds are very comfortable, pillows are awesome. Bathroom is spacious and handicapped accessible. Nice to have a fridge in the room. Flat screen tv is nice. Shuttle bus drivers are great, we tipped every ride we took. Breakfast is another great ammenity, I hate rushing out in the morning to find coffee and that resolved the issue. Food offered is perfect, in my opinion.

Access to the parks is fine. We walked many times, shuttled the rest. We walked to several restaurants in the area as well.

Ultimately, we won't be back to Disneyland. It disappointed, as compared to Disneyworld. So, whether we would return or not to CCI is a non-issue. I noticed an overall lack of customer service in southern CA, from Anaheim to San Diego. CCI was no different. Must be a west coast thing.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rhonda60103
Thank you for staying with us and providing me with your valuable feedback. I sincerely apologize for the young ladies that were working the morning you arrived. The apparent lack of customer service you encountered is unacceptable and this has already been addressed. In regards to your room placement, you requested a King bedded accessible room and there are only three on property and placed close to the vending area for guest convenience. We have implemented training to call a guest who is requesting something that is clearly conflicting, ie..sunny room that is located next to vending areas. I do thank you for the positive items you mentioned and appreciate your taking time to post your review. Kind regards!
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 13 December 2010

I can't say enough good things about the Candy Cane! Just returned from another great stay at the Candy Cane. We've stayed here a number of times in the past, and the friendly helpful staff, great service, clean rooms, beautiful landscaping, etc - keeps us coming back. Stayed here again at the beginning of December. Room was clean and presentable, pool and hot tub were perfect, free continental breakfast was good, room rates were very reasonable, etc. I don't know what to say?! If you're going to Disneyland...stay at the Candy Cane, you won't be dissappointed. Everytime we return, it feels like we never left.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 14 December 2010
Thank you so much for being a loyal and repeat guest, we DO appreciate your continued business and positive comments. We look forward in seeing you again and if you ever need assistance with reservations feel free to contact me directly. Happy Holidays!
england uk
Reviewed 12 December 2010

Our family of 9,five from england & four from hong kong, arrived to stay at the candy cane after a few days in las vegas. We had seen this hotel on our last visit to anaheim & it looked ideal & boy, did we pick a winner. Our 4 rooms, all together, just across from the swimming area was perfect. The breakfast set us up for long days at disney, universal, malls etc & staff booked us a mini bus plus driver to take us to all the places of interest, great to travel together. The rooms where lovely & clean, all staff had a smile & were so helpful.Great to sit by the pool in the evening with a take away & a drink, all together for our annual meet. thank you all for a great nine night stay & we will return.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback with fellow travelers. I am delighted that you and your family had such and enjoyable vacation. Please feel free to contact me when your travels bring you back as it would by my pleasure to assist with room rates and reservations. Kind regards!
colorado
Reviewed 29 November 2010

My son and I are frequent visitors to Disneyland and always try to stay at the Candy Cane Inn. The week we spent over Thanksgiving is the third week we have spent this year at the Candy Cane Inn. We enjoy our time their so much that before writing this review, I booked our stay there for Feb. 2011.

What makes the Candy Cane Inn so special? The rooms are clean, check in is easy, the pool is warm, and the staff is friendly. What more do you want/need? They have a shuttle which is helpful, there are some mini-marts next door and it is easy to find. For the moer diffic

This trip we attended a concert at the Honda Center. At the suggestion of the staff, we took a taxi instead of driving and parking ourselves. The staff called the taxi on our behalf which took us to the Honda Center only a few miles down the road. Overall it cost about the same to drive & pay for parking as it did to get a taxi.

Like I said, we enjoy the Candy Cane Inn and plan to be there again in Febraury.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 3 December 2010
We thank you for being a loyal repeat guest and sharing your personal feedback with fellow travelers. Word of mouth is valuable and extremely important in assisting folks that are researching places to stay. Look forward in seeing you in February and please feel free to contact me directly should you need any assistance. Kind regards!
Las Vegas
Reviewed 21 November 2010

My husband and I visit Disneyland at least twice a year, and since we discovered this hotel we never stay anywhere else. It is a short walk from Disneyland, and if your feet are tired you can always take their shuttle. The staff treats you well, the breakfast is decent, and the rooms are clean. I like the fact of the extra pillows (and the shuttle). I really don't have any complaints about the room (since I'm not moving in, just visiting). The only thing that happened was the maids forgot towels one morning, but it was quickly remedied (and that could happen at any hotel). I highly recommend this gem of a place.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 30 November 2010
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. In regards to the unfortunate situation of towels in your guestroom, I remember this and when investigated was found to be an isolated incident. We never put clean towels in the bathroom until completely cleaned and the last task in order to keep clean towels away from the cleaning. The young lady was approached by a guest as she went to her cart, immediately assisted the guest in need and I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. We do believe in providing ample linens for our guests and therefore place a complete set of 4 Bath Towels, Hand Towels and Washcloths in each room along with the Tub Mat. Thank you again for your business, it is most appreciated!