Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
Ranked #43 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Good stay”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The room was spacious and clean. I found everyone very helpful and polite. The walk to Disney was longer than I expected, but enjoyable. the pool,area was clean and comfortable. I would stay here again when visiting Disney.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed there for 4 nights. The rooms are dark and noisy. The toilets of the pool area were really dirty. Service was a disgrace. I was on my own with my young children and on 2 different occasions the staff just couldn't help with luggage even though I had my 2 year old sleeping in my arms ...I

had to leave him sleeping on the lounge in the front desk area / couch supervised by my oldest "5 year old" to drop off bags
in the room and back for
the kids ... The restaurant staff of the morning shift never had a smile on their face . Obviously they don't
get paid well as they were rude and careless of service. The manager was rude too. The restaurant closes for lunch which is really inconvenient. Watch for your credit card as on my return home they charged me 28 dollars without my authorisation. There are way better cheap cleaner hotels with much better service closer to Disney land .

• Stayed August 2014
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this review, 27 August 2014
I appreciate you letting me know about your recent experience here. I assure you I have shared this with my entire staff and they are also deeply sorry we let you down with the service we gave you.
I should point out that we are open for lunch daily from 11:30am to 1pm.
If there is anything I can answer regarding the $28 credit card charge you mentioned please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Tom Van Winkle
Silverdale, Wa
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We were not here for a Disneyland vacation so I can't comment on that except to say that it seems quite a distance from the park to me.
We were unable to check in any earlier as they were quite busy but the front desk person was very kind and assured us that our room would be ready at 4pm. We ended up not being able to actually get back to the hotel until nearly 10pm due to our circumstances...not the hotels and were given the handicapped room which had a king sized bed in it and was on the ground floor. It was quite a distance from the hotel lobby though and would be difficult to maneuver had we actually had any disabilities. The room was very clean and spacious. I am a picky mattress/sleeper and found their beds to be very comfortable. We did have a big issue with the A/C unit which malfunctioned at 2:30 am and consequently we had to turn it off. Being on the ground floor we did not open any windows so it was quite warm. I called the front desk to alert them but also stated that I did not want to change rooms as we had to check out at 6:30 am to get to the airport and it would have been more hassle than it's worth. The manager very kindly compensated us for a future stay at another Holiday Inn and seemed genuinely concerned that we had this problem at all. I would say he handled the situation to the best of his ability and very quickly. I am sure that had we not encountered the A/C issues our stay would have been just fine.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mjjpower
Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at the Holiday Inn and Suites Anaheim. We are very sorry about the A/C malfunction. Please let me know if I can be of service to you on your next trip to the area. We do hope you will come see us again!

Sincerely

Tom Van Winkle
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel is family friendly and has a play area for children. The buffet provides both cold and hot food. Located conveniently close to Disneyland, this hotel is a comfortable place to retire at the "end" of a day of holiday fun.

Room Tip: The friendly front-desk staff is quite responsive to concerns regarding accommodations. My two-room...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ms T B
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We just got back from spending 5 nights. Overall it was a great stay. It's a slightly older hotel, friendly staff, we ate breakfast there 4 out of 5 mornings and ordered from the menu and the buffet - all good. Seating in the restaurant could do with a bit of a clean but must be hard to keep fabric clean with the amount of kids that stay:) pool was good too, we didnt use the new splash zone as my son is 10 and preferred the pool and not tub. It is not one block from Disenykand, or it's the longest block you have ever seen! We walked the 15-20 to Disenyland ever day, use the monorail entrance if you can, it will save you walking and avoid the crowds at main entrance. One day we took the Art bus which worked out great, $5.00 for all day use/ $3.00 for kids, runs ever 20- 30 mins. Can be loud when guests coming back late from Disneyland! Watch the fireworks from their parking lot every night- wonderful.

Room Tip: Away from elevators and maybe avoid the side that is next to Disneyland parking lot - hear all the c...
1 Thank Livgal8
Burbank, California
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Nice hotel very easy access to Disneyland. The kid zone was a big selling point for our stay unfortunately it was closed for repair during our visit which was a big disappointment for the kids. The pool and jacuzzi were nice but average. The thing that stands out most about this stay was the friendly service. Our front desk person Sean in particular was very accommodating and helped us quickly resolve a billing/room rate discrepancy without any hesitation.

1 Thank Royce R
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Overall, this is a great and affordable property. Only downside is the absence of ice machines, at least in building 3. Also should keep in mind that you cannot turn left into parking lot unless you want to break local traffic laws. Best bet is to exit the 5 freeway at Katella, not Harbor, and go west on Katella to Walnut, then go north to hotel. Room was very clean and inviting, with plenty of comfortable pillows. 5 mins to Disneyland parking and 10 mins to Angel Stadium.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo