“Great hotel, friendly service”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
Ranked #42 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great hotel, friendly service”
Reviewed 29 April 2006

I had a pleasant 3 night stay at this hotel while visiting Disneyland. I have to say the service was outstanding, and every staff member would greet you. For what you pay per night, the rooms are in good order. I would consider staying at this hotel again!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
merrrimack, nh
Reviewed 28 April 2006

OK so when we arrived they had us in a building that was off from the others, not near the pool, on the ground floor and anyone could have climbed in the window it was that close to the parking lot. They were very kind to move us to the building closer to the lobby and on the 5th floor which was safer. As far as the hotel it was nice and the staff pleasant. The walk is a good 20 minutes to the entrance of the park. Not great after you have walked all day long. Now the shuttle was terrible! I went at 7:30 on our last day to get breakfast from the bakery in Downtown that we enjoyed and I had been to the bakery and back by 8am. I waited 31 minutes for a shuttle that was supposed to be running every twenty minutes. So the hotel was great but honestly the shuttle service needs improvements.

4 Thank Bergind
Turlock, California
Reviewed 24 April 2006

Great Hotel! We stayed April 17, 2006 for 4 nights and wished we would have stayed longer instead of changing to the San Diego hotel. This hotel is super clean and very spacious for the price. The staff is great and helpful! The hotel is actully more than a block away. The walk is a good 15 to 20 minutes, but they do have a shuttle service for $3 per person per day, but we ended up walking every time. For a budget hotel, this is the way to go for sure!

2 Thank Dorito96
montana
Reviewed 23 April 2006

Don't be deceived, this is not near the entrance to Disneyland. It is a long walk, at least 15-20, almost a mile, to a parking garage shuttle, where you have to stand in line to be shuttled to an area where you have to walk another 10 minutes to the entrance. We tried the ART shuttle a couple of times and every time it was extremely late. Other ART shuttles picked up and dropped off passengers twice while we waited to be picked up. Believe the reviews, the ART is horrible on this route. We had a rental car and drove one day to Disneyland but for $10 we still felt like we had to walk a very long way and with 3 kids, ages 3,7,and 8 it was tough. The hotel itself was okay. The carpet had stains on it, the wallpaper outdated, but otherwise it was clean. The service in the restaurant was wonderful, fast and very good food, although expensive even with kids eat free. (Oatmeal and a Cinnamon roll with coffee each for my husband and I came to $20) A free continental breakfast would have been better since we wanted to get a early start every morning. I saw so many nicer, closer hotels I wish we'd have stayed in. Or, I suggest staying in a hotel that has it's own shuttle. You do so much walking in Disneyland that the last thing you need is a long walk back to your hotel.

4 Thank bigskytravelnut
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 April 2006

What a nightmare. We had just stayed in the Holiday Inn express in Marina Del Ray a couple of days before and what a difference. We booked a non-smoking room for three nights, to take our kids to Disney. We arrived in the evening and were given our room keys. Just getting out of the elevator we could smell the smoke in the corridor. Got to our room and could smell the smoke before opening the door. Not only that, the room had not been made up from the previous guests, with the beds unmade, towels all over the place and I won't mention the bathroom!! We went down to reception to explain and were told that they would fix the room while we ate in the restaurant, but could not move us to a non-smoking room until the next night as they were full and gave us a $20 breakfast voucher. We ate our meal an on returning to the room, found that no-one had cleaned the room.
Phoned down and explained and was told that someone would be straight up. 10 mins later we were told that no one was available and we had to go to another hotel for the night. Were given directions and were told that they had faxed the details over to the other hotel and were very apologetic and said that all our meals and breakfasts would be free (not much use seeing was we were spending most of our time in Disney!) Got to the other hotel, who had not been sent any info. Not what you want at 11pm at night with two young children!!
Did get our non-smoking room though the next day and a free meal and breakfast, but was still not happy with the overall stay and would not use again!!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hayward, California
Reviewed 15 March 2006

Warning… Will not stay there again !!!
Holiday Inn Anaheim

We ended up planning a last minute “girls trip” during the Presidents Day Weekend. The hotels we usually stay at were already booked. So after doing a lot of research with the use of Trip Advisor I decided to book at this property at the Entertainment Book rate of $69.00 a night. I was a
little worried about my choice and I wasn’t really happy about taking the transportation to the park but we were grateful to have a place to stay
over the holiday weekend.
Upon arrival we were rudely greeted by the front desk person with food spilling out of her mouth at us. It was not pretty and I have stayed away from potato chips since, It was truly a struggle even getting our keys and paper work. (Not a great welcome at all)
Our room was in another building far from the main building. We had to walk through the lobby, outside to through the pool, through another building, and take a sharp left and hope the door was open to get to our building. This was the most awkward floor plan and also poorly marked.
We arrived at our room with two men in it cleaning the carpet and we immediately left our luggage before the strong fumes could get to us. Even with thick tennis shoes on you could tell the carpets were just drenched with the carpet solution. Also, we were praying that the smell of the cleaning solutions would die down by the time we returned to our room late that night.
When we returned to our room after midnight, the carpet was still wet and soggy. We also found the bathroom sink was clogged we had to brush our teeth and get ready for bed using the bathtub. We immediately called the front desk to tell them about the clogged sink and the bathroom fan with was as loud as most aircraft engines. The front desk did not want to do anything about it right then and did not seemed at all concerned. They also would not assure us it would be fixed the next day. Through out the night loud burping sounds came from the sink, loud enough to wake me up on 5 different occasions. It also seemed with each burp hair and other muck and clogged grime would also come up in the sink giving off a very offensive odor. My morning the entire sink was filled with other people’s hair, muck, grime, and boy did it smell. It really stunk up the entire room. We called the front desk again regarding these issues and asked for someone to take care of this. We returning after a entire day at the park to the room and found the handle of the toilet was broken and just placed on the lid. Now let me assure you when we left the handle was on the toilet and the toilet was working. Now we come back to the room and the fan is still sounding like a jet airplane taking off. However, you can’t flush! It really makes you think about what really happens when you leave your hotel room. Someone came in to fix the clogged sink but did not fix the fan and then broke the toilet. This was the last straw for us. We call the front desk again explaining the problems we have had and was put on hold. After 10 min. we hung up and called back and demanded to be moved to a different room. Well we were first told the hotel was full, this did not seem to be the case since the parking lot was empty, After further discussion we were told we would be moved to a different room in the same out of the way building. Someone would be there to assist us in 5 min. I also informed them that we would not happy with our stay and wanted to know what they would do. Holiday Inn did end up comping one night of our three night stay. But I also had to follow up with another night manager since it was not taken care of. The restaurant on site was one of the worst I’ve ever eaten at and the options on the menu were very limited.

As Annual Pass holder of Disneyland, my husband and I are always looking for new places to stay since we visit so often but this is NOT one of them. Since this was a “girls” weekend safety was a concern and this place did not provide the quality, or status associated with the Holiday Inn Chain. Having to maneuver our way back in the dark through buildings, parking lots, weird ally ways to get to our room I certainly did not feel safe or secure. There are so many better places to stay in Anaheim that is not next to the parking structure and where you don’t have to rely on the trolley cars, to take you to the park. This trolley line goes through some really bad parts of town prior to getting you back to the hotel. Keep in mind they pack them wall to wall with people and it is standing room only, and the “DO NOT STAND” signs are ignored. Again, safety is not really taken seriously. Please beware and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2006
9 Thank JDDTT
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed 10 March 2006

I just stayed at this hotel for the first time, and I was very pleased. The rooms were large and immaculately clean. There is a nice outdoor pool, but it was too cool for me to enjoy when I was there. People at the front desk are very friendly and efficient.

It's a pretty reasonable walk to the Disney parks (the equivalent of a few blocks). They also have a shuttle bus at $3 per person, but I didn't take it. Because rain was threatening, I ended up driving to the parks and spending $10 to park there. Since there were six of us in the vehicle, it was cheaper than the shuttle bus.

I had breakfast in the hotel. The food was OK, I thought, but pretty expensive. Not many people were in the restaurant at breakfast time, so I assume they walked to one of the nearby restaurants or, perhaps, to Downtown Disney for breakfast.

I would likely stay here again on my next trip to Anaheim. Note that people with an Entertainment card can get a substantial discount here.

• Stayed March 2006