“Sometimes You Get Exactly What you Pay For”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
Ranked #41 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 26 August 2010

After I had already selected another hotel I decided to take a chance with picking my own price at Priceline. Based on my bid, Priceline selected this hotel for me. I did save a lot of money in two respects. First, with Priceline I saved significantly on the room price; secondly we saved the price of parking at Disneyland. While the "1 block to Disneyland" is closer to 1 mile, we did not mind the 20-minute walk to the Disneyland parking structure shuttle. For those who don't wish to walk the mile, the hotel offers a shuttle to the entrance for $4/day per person.
The room itself was small (though not the smallest I have ever seen), with two double beds. It was clean, and the beds were comfortable. The shower/bath and toilet were in a separate room while the vanity was in the bedroom. The room had a TV, free wi-fi, desk, small dresser and a closet. The room was one of the quietest I have ever stayed in.
The hotel includes a restaurant, business center (for a fee), a fitness center and a pool. The pool is heavily used, and the water appeared to be a bit cloudy. The staff was courteous and helpful. We were able to park in the parking lot prior to check-in and after check-out, which was convenient and saved us money.
For the money, we thought the hotel served us well.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank teladan5
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)

996 - 1,002 of 1,243 reviews

Reviewed 24 August 2010

Front desk staff was very courteous; however, was VERY disappointed that early check-in (@30 minutes) was not available for 2-bedroom/2-bath suite upon arrival. Had called two days previous and was assured that it wouldn't be a problem, and that was when I estimated an hour early arrival. We planned on going directly to the resort, and were forced to change clothes, etc. in the lobby bathroom. Did not like that at all. Luggage storage was available in the lobby at least. That night hotel guests (parents there with screaming children as well) were in the pool far past 10pm and that was of major concern. Not sure how many 2-bedroom suites are available, but the one we had was in a separate building from the main hotel, facing the pool/jacuzzi area. The hotel staff was very responsive to my call however, and had a security member down to clear the pool area out within 5 minutes. If you are in your hotel room with an early morning in the park the next day, please know that the fireworks are extremely loud at this hotel. I'll go to another hotel if I ever need a 2-bedroom suite again, but would probably go back if I just wanted a standard room.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
NiralM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2010

Dear Rocksoldierette,

I apologize for not having your room available upon your arrival and for the noise disruption caused by the pool activity. It is honest feedback such as yours that allows us to identify the areas that we need to improve on. Your issues have been addressed with members of our team and we will work hard to prevent them from re-occurring on your next visit. We thank you for your recent visit and we look forward to welcoming you back to Anaheim.

Yours truly,

Niral Munshaw, General Manager

Reviewed 17 August 2010

Booked this hotel on Priceline and got a decent rate for the area. Unfortunately, this is one of those hotels that charges you a "resort fee" for being down the street from Disneyland. We had no choice but to pay it with our Priceline booking. As long as you don't care about these fees added in addition to the room rate, it's a great place to stay. We were able to walk to Disneyland (took about 20 minutes, but a nice walk). Would recommend it, but still unhappy about the "hidden" fees...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2010

We booked this Holiday Inn on priceline.com for $45 for 2 nights and ended up with a 2 Queen Bed room (Room 3413). We were driving in from Dana Point needed a place to stay near Disneyland. The location is literally RIGHT NEXT to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure (the big one). Although I would not consider this "walking distance", a car drive to the entrance is right down the road. Unfortunetly, the 1-Block Disneyland is misleading. Yes it is one block, but 1-block to the Main Entrance to Disneyland at Ball Rd. and Disneyland Dr. Our room was clean and confortable and nice. I liked how Holiday Inn gave you a choice Firm or Soft pillows on its already very comfy bed. The bathroom was small but clean and had good water pressure and a powerful toilet. We used the iron on one of the days and somehow the smoke detector went off, it must have been a heat sensor because there was no smoke being emitted from it. I did a smart thing and put my Priority Club number on my reservation so when we checked it we had a express check-in, a coupon for use at the restaurant (good food), and a weekday paper, all for free! We did not use the pool but it did not look to exciting but looked like it woould be refreshing on a hot day. Overall, for its proximity to Disneyland, and its comfortable rooms and friendly staff, I might stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2010

We have just returned home after staying for 8 nights at this hotel.

We had a great time and enjoyed the fact that we were slightly removed from the madness of a very busy Disneyland and yet still able to walk to the gates (once we figured out where they were!).

It did take us a while to get our bearings and some places are much further away than they look on map - don't assume (as we did) that you can cut through areas showing as carparks either!

It was nice and quiet in our 2 queen suite, the room was large and well appointed - my only gripe was that there was enough lighting for night vision (no ceiling lighting, just table lamps). Made looking for stuff in your suitcase difficult after dark! Great view of the nightly fireworks at 9.30pm though.

The service here was excellent, the front desk/reception and restaurant staff all very friendly and obliging. I would especially like to commend the very efficient Roxanne on reception - she went above and beyond the call of duty on a number of occasions to help us sort out some bookings, made excellent recommendations, and was really prepared to go that extra mile to help us to have a great holiday.

Our children are aged 9 and 11 and we took full advantage of the kids eat free deal! The kids also enjoyed the pool area - and it was bliss to soak our feet in the spa pool after a long day at the theme parks.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Flanges
Reviewed 9 July 2010

Great for families! This hotel is a great location for Disney guests. You can walk to all of the attractions while having good alternatives for suite living with a toddler!

Reviewed 6 July 2010

We stayed at the Holiday Inn while on a quick trip to Disneyland and had a great time. The front desk staff was VERY friendly in trying to accomodate us for an early check-in (and also late check out). There is a very convienient shuttle to the Disneyland front gate that comes every 20 min. It was nice to head back to the hotel for lunch (and happy hour starts at noon!) and a swim in the pool (my daughter LOVED the pool) before heading back to the park. I paid under $100/night for our double queen room on a weekend and feel like I more than got my monies worth.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family