Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
Ranked #41 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Stayed for 3 nights in a suite. Great hotel, friendly staff. Nice rooms with comfy beds, clean bedding etc. Nice bathroom.

Good clean pool area.

Was quiet - we expected quite a bit of noise at the hotel due to the location etc, but none !! So would recommend to everyone, with or without children (we had no children other than ourselves J)

Ate here quite a bit, food was good.

If pressed, the only bad thing I can mention is one morning during breakfast we were asked by the waiter to pay the bill there and then – mid breakfast. So we had to leave our cooked breakfast to sort out the bill as the waiter was finishing his shift. We thought this was a little rude and should really have passed it to another waiter to take payment once we had finished / or even when ordering.

Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank helsenhelsen

Reviewed 2 September 2010

I stayed at this hotel Aug. 26-31st. I have not written any hotel reviews before, but after my stay here I felt compelled to warn others about this place.
Cons:
Upon check-in, my little girl started crying because the room smelled terrible. It literally smelled like sewage. I called the front desk and asked to be moved. We were moved to the room next door that the housekeeper had just finished.This room did not have the nasty smell, but the dressers and counters in the room had a layer of dust on them about an inch thick....ewwww!!! So,we called the front desk about this as well. They sent the housekeeping supervisor to take care of it and she was apologetic,explaining that the woman who cleaned our room was still in training. So,went on about our vacation assuming it was just a fluke, because every hotel can just have a bad day. The next day when we came back into our room there was only one washcloth replaced and one soap ( for 4 people) I called the front desk and they said they would send some down to our room. We never got them. The next morning I took some off a housekeeping cart. So, the major problem was the used crack pipe my boyfriend found on the floor by the bed. Yuck! That was it for me...I grabbed it with a tissue and asked to speak to the manager. I showed him the item and explained to him the problems I had been having. He did try to rectify the situation by giving us 2 free breakfasts in the restaurant and they did not charge me the fee for the refrigerator ($10 a day), he also told me he held a meeting with housekeeping to fix the problems.What happened? The remaining days we still received one washcloth and soap!! UGh!!! Other cons: The beds were soooo hard I might as well have been sleeping on a slab of concrete..my poor aching back! The pool was discolored maybe from chemicals? Dunno! The restaurant was pricey. If you order pancakes you have to pay $7.99 but juice or coffee will cost a few dollars more and plus any breakfast meat with the pancakes will be an additional $3.79!!! WOW!! It was literally cheaper for us to eat breakfast in the parks.
Pros: Roberto the manager was very nice and tried to be accomodating. The air conditioner worked really well! It was nice to come back to a cool room in the afternoon. And...the coffee...wow it was good. IT is a single-server coffee machine, but the rainforest coffee was very good.
So, Overall I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. I got a great price through Priceline, but I would up my bid next time for a 3 star hotel next time.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank DisneyMomma74
Reviewed 2 September 2010

we stayed here as part of disney land resort pakage, we chosed thishotel based on distance from disney land and being a Holiday inn hotel
the room have no refirigerator,no Safe, no Kettle, we ca live with this but the main annoying thing is waiting for the bus to disney land, which suppose to be every 20 min, but we aere waitning for more than 40 min everey time we goor come from disney land, the trip each time lasted 1 hour and 20 min.. great waste of time
if you are visiting disney book a hotel where you can walk to the resort

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank omrkais
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We travel to Disneyland 4-5 times a year and use Priceline or Hotwire to reserve hotels. This was a Priceline special so the cost was okay. They did charge a 10.00 resort fee per night, so it added onto our cost.

The hotel is located kind of behind the parking garage of Disney. You could walk up the street and across through downtown Disney but would take about 30 minutes. The ART bus stops right at the hotel and is the first of 3 stops so it was convenient and fast.

There is a gift shop on premises but we walked a half block to the Shell station and stocked up on drinks and snacks (cheaper). There is a restaurant inside but we did not use it. No other restaurants nearby unless you walk a 4 or 5 blocks or go to downtown disney.

The pool was large and had plenty of seating, restrooms and towels. The area was kept quite clean.

The room itself was fine. Nicely remodeled, free wi-fi. Wish it had a refrigerator like some of the smaller inns in the area.

The downside to the whole trip was the maid service. The first day, they didn't replace the towels in the room, the second day the didn't even service the room.

1  Thank kawedum
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I liked my stay there, you have free wi-fi, Disneyland is nearby and the hotel is pretty nice. The only catch is the resort fee, the only negative aspect...other than that, I enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2010

After I had already selected another hotel I decided to take a chance with picking my own price at Priceline. Based on my bid, Priceline selected this hotel for me. I did save a lot of money in two respects. First, with Priceline I saved significantly on the room price; secondly we saved the price of parking at Disneyland. While the "1 block to Disneyland" is closer to 1 mile, we did not mind the 20-minute walk to the Disneyland parking structure shuttle. For those who don't wish to walk the mile, the hotel offers a shuttle to the entrance for $4/day per person.
The room itself was small (though not the smallest I have ever seen), with two double beds. It was clean, and the beds were comfortable. The shower/bath and toilet were in a separate room while the vanity was in the bedroom. The room had a TV, free wi-fi, desk, small dresser and a closet. The room was one of the quietest I have ever stayed in.
The hotel includes a restaurant, business center (for a fee), a fitness center and a pool. The pool is heavily used, and the water appeared to be a bit cloudy. The staff was courteous and helpful. We were able to park in the parking lot prior to check-in and after check-out, which was convenient and saved us money.
For the money, we thought the hotel served us well.

1  Thank teladan5
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Front desk staff was very courteous; however, was VERY disappointed that early check-in (@30 minutes) was not available for 2-bedroom/2-bath suite upon arrival. Had called two days previous and was assured that it wouldn't be a problem, and that was when I estimated an hour early arrival. We planned on going directly to the resort, and were forced to change clothes, etc. in the lobby bathroom. Did not like that at all. Luggage storage was available in the lobby at least. That night hotel guests (parents there with screaming children as well) were in the pool far past 10pm and that was of major concern. Not sure how many 2-bedroom suites are available, but the one we had was in a separate building from the main hotel, facing the pool/jacuzzi area. The hotel staff was very responsive to my call however, and had a security member down to clear the pool area out within 5 minutes. If you are in your hotel room with an early morning in the park the next day, please know that the fireworks are extremely loud at this hotel. I'll go to another hotel if I ever need a 2-bedroom suite again, but would probably go back if I just wanted a standard room.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
NiralM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2010

Dear Rocksoldierette,

I apologize for not having your room available upon your arrival and for the noise disruption caused by the pool activity. It is honest feedback such as yours that allows us to identify the areas that we need to improve on. Your issues have been addressed with members of our team and we will work hard to prevent them from re-occurring on your next visit. We thank you for your recent visit and we look forward to welcoming you back to Anaheim.

Yours truly,