“Excellent Value for the Money”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
Ranked #43 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent Value for the Money”
Reviewed 3 December 2010

We just came back from staying there 2 nights on our recent vist to SoCal.

PROs
1. Excellent Value for Money
2. Clean Room & Bathroom
3. Spacious rooms
4. Free Internet (that works!)
5. Ample FREE parking -- make sure you put the tag up though on the mirror or else they will tow your car

CONs
1. No free breakfast, but their breakfast is not too expensive and pretty good quality
2. No Fridge/Microwave in the room

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 10 November 2010

some maintenance work was being done, i found out, but i did not get any advice that this was happening. also, our room felt dark and heavy because of the design of the headboard (solid wood carving) and the lighting. some interior design changes in the future can make the room a little more light, cheery, and young.

ok, on to the nice part, which is more than the down part! the Onyx restaurant was great -- a bit of fine dining but amazingly kid-friendly (kids eat free!). Front Desk people were very cheery and their service had a personal touch, as in they made you feel they are really looking after YOU, not just at a client standing in line for check in or check out.

no bellboys in the hotel but Maintenance helped push my luggage to my room. The Housekeeping senoras were warm and friendly. Front office manager Robert Roxas was also sincerely attentive to guest needs (2 weeks after checking out, I inquired by e-mail about floating charges, which Robert promptly cleared up).

overall, great stay in a nice comfy hotel that is home and which gives a taste of the vacation that disney around the corner will be!

Fremont, California
Reviewed 6 November 2010

Robert Roxas at the front desk was outstanding in meeting our accomodations.
Hotel is very nice, quiet, and within walking distance to Disneyland.
They made our anniversary celebration great!
Would definately stay here again!
Debbie and Colin

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Check-in is at 4pm. or something like that. I arrived around 10am, and was required to pay an additional $30 for early check-in -- even though, they had rooms ready. Not very customer-friendly.

I had to sign a no smoking agreement. The sign at the front desk says 100% smoke-free. However, smoking was not only allowed, but basically encouraged on the outdoor patio -- which is the only way to get to the pool. The signs say no smoking, but there were ashtrays on every table.

Also, the pool is small with limited seating. They charge a resort fee -- this is NOT a resort.

It's a clean, well-kept hotel, but its policies are not very customer-friendly, in my opinion.

Most of the staff was friendly and helpful, with the exception of one guy who inaccurately explained the payment procedures to me.

And finally, as I was checking out, a gentleman was checking in at 3:30pm. The employee gave him a cheerful thumbs up and said, "You're early - good job!"

What the hell? I want my $30 back.

• Stayed September 2010
Winnipeg
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I stayed here with my 7 year-old on a Disney Trip. The front desk staff was excellent. Check-in and check-out was smooth. They offered lots of help and information about transportation and the theme parks. There was a brief time when I though I'd lost my Visa and Passport and the manager and front desk staff helped me by making calls to all the places I'd been when I last had the items, looking up and printing out information for me on how to cancel or block my credit card and how to get a temporary passport so I could get back to Canada. I was stressing (big time!) but they went out of their way to assure me that we would figure it out and it would be ok. I ended up finding the documents bewtween the blankets of one of the beds (I know - I've just lost all credibility!), but I still greatly appeciated the kindness and willingness to go the extra mile to ensure that my son and I were looked after. I tired to tip the people who had helped me, but both refused the money.

The room was comfortable - spacious enough, with comfy beds. I had an issue with the bathtub plug getting stuck and being unable to drain the tub. I called the front desk and a maintenance person was there within 5 minutes and we were all set.

My son had an "accident" the first night we were there (weird, as it NEVER happens...) and I called the front desk at 6;00am to tell them what had happened and they had someone at our room in a very short time, who cheerfully changed the mattress pad (thank goodness for mattress pads!) and the sheets for us. It was very much appreciated, as I'm sure a surly, grumpy person coming to do it would only have added to my son's embarassment.

My only complaint about the hotel - and it's really unfortunate, but I have to say it - is the restaurant. The food is mediocre at best and cringe-worthy at worst. Our first night my son ordered Mac 'n' Cheese and steamed veggies, and was served what looked like congealed kraft dinner with veggies that looked like they'd seen the civil war. Half were cold, half warm, so you know they'd been sitting.

The problem is that if you do not drive, or would prefer not to drive, your dining options are limited, as there isn't another restaurant close-by. Funnily enough, though, on our last night we ordered from the pizza place "Marri's?" recommended by the hotel and my son got food poisoning and was sick all the way home (2 flights - yikes) and all the next day. Go figure!

With the exception of the bartender in the evening, who was always friendly, and one morning waiter we had twice, whose name i wish I remembered (spoke Spanish, always bubbly and friendly), the wait-staff is indifferent at best and kind of rude at worst. They would be talking to us, or taking our order and stop mid-sentance to have a conversation in Spanish with a co-worker. It even happened while WE were placing our orders. I remember starting to place my order and having this happen and sitting and waiting for the conversation to end, and then having the waiter look at me expectantly for my order. I politely asked if he was done, and he said "yes", and we went from there.

I feel guilty saying it, because the hotel staff was just so awesome, but I couldn't stay there again due to that awful restaurant. If you drive there, or rent a car for your stay, definitely give it a shot! You can eat elsewhere.

The front desk staff has to be the best I've ever encountered.

Pleasant Hill, California
Reviewed 25 October 2010

The managers and staff have created a wonderful atmosphere at the Holiday Inn (Anaheim). The managers and staff are friendly from the time you check-in to the time you check-out. The hotel has recently been renovated with a brand new up to date look and free Wi-Fi. The housekeeping staff does a wonderful job with cleaning the rooms while you are at Disneyland. Speaking of Disneyland; it is within walking distance from the hotel (about 1 mile) or there is shuttle service you can use at a small price. We chose to walk; which allowed us to walk through Downtown Disney prior to the park.

Gold Coast
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We booked a seriously cheap travelocity deal with a hotel and rental car for around $200 for 2 nights and 3 days car rental. We were expecting not to be able to check in til 3pm (which seems very late, especially after a transpacific flight from Australia, arriving the same day with young children). The front desk were amazing, they found a room we could check into early, albeit with a very modest extra charge (totally fair $30), we were checked in with free parking and awesome customer service at the front desk. The hotel itself is great, family friendly and well resourced. I believe you get more than you paid for, since they cater for just about everything. Roberto at the front desk is a legend, well done Holiday Inn.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family