“Great budget hotel”

Ranked #99 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Ladysmith, Canada
“Great budget hotel”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed for one night and were very happy. The couple that runs the hotel were very pleasant and helpful. It is a bit of a walk from the park but we walked it in 15 minutes and there are busses you can take if you don't want to walk. The bathroom was clean, the carpets were newer, TV with lots of channels. Couldn't beat it for the price. Yes they add 17% tax to the room rate but all hotels do that. We were at the Marriott for a few nights and this hotel was $100 per night cheaper and well worth the move. I will gladly stay here again. The outdoor pool was cold but it is winter and we came for Disney, not to swim.

Room Tip: An upstairs room is quieter as you do not hear the people above you walking around.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank travellynne_53

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My sister and I stayed at this motel only out of necessity because of the price and because our go-to motel for Disneyland was booked up. When we arrived, the staff were rude. It was quite a walk from the park, which was the last thing we wanted after a jam-packed, 10+ hour day. The door to our room didn't close properly and it looked like everything was falling apart. After we checked out we asked to use a bathroom and the woman at the counter gave us a heavy sigh and grudgingly brought us into another room - no bathroom in the check-in area, I thought that was odd. The only good thing was that the water pressure was decent, the shower was hot, and the A/C worked. Will NOT be back again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank kat_can16

Travellers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 19 November 2013

It's too bad that other people have had bad experiences at this motel. Here's the deal - DON'T stay here so that the availability will remain open for me! I stay at the Little Boy Blue at least 3 times a year. Other hotels have parking fees, blah, blah, blah. The other places may have some better amenities, but really? For visiting Disneyland, one just needs a relatively close proximity to the park (this is 12 -15 minutes walking distance), a good shower and nice beds for sleeping and napping. Plus, this is right across the street from the Ånaheim Garden Grove for lots of dining choices and shopping. Always ask for a refurbished room, because I'm not sure that all of the rooms have been refurbished (a work in progress) which might explain some of the bad reviews. I always ask for the same room. It's clean, has a big screen TV, 'fridge, microwave and a great bath/shower. The place is so affordable. Spend less on your lodging and you have more bucks for your getaway. It's that simple. I really like the staff and always look forward to coming back. If the owners read this, they should know that I would pay more for the room to have better coffee in the morning and/or have a personal sized coffee maker in the room.

Room Tip: Always ask for a refurbished room. They are N - I - C - E!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
10 Thank Smudge R
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2013

CONS:
1. It is not as cheap as it is advertised. You get there and you have to pay an additional 17% tax on top of what you agreed to pay online already. So there is really no savings choosing this over another hotel.

2. When we arrived late night. My wife took the kid into the room and found a cockroach.

3. Everything is rusting away. The bathroom door is in horrible shape. The toilet has rust marks all over it.

4. I could barely fit in the tub and I am not a big guy.

5.Also the free breakfast they advertised, dont bother. It is a complete joke. They have bread and a toaster and some muffins in the check-in office area.

6. And yes very strong smell when you enter to check in.

PROS:
1. The room has nice size flat screen tv.

2. Also the wake-up call is great. Someone actually comes to your door and wakes you up on your scheduled time.

We decided the next day to get back what we could and booked at another hotel. It cost us $400 more but we felt for our 2 and half year old child, it was totally worth the change. Seeing the cockroach freaked out my wife and the condition of motel. Next time I will pay the little extra to get something decent. And false advertisement when you have to pay more. So no real savings, not as cheap as is indicated. Better to avoid this motel all together.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Amarpal007
Pittsburg, California, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I was little bit scare after reading the comments from previous people but I got to say that it was the opposite of what I had read the owner Lisa is really nice and she was really helpful, is not a fancy motel but is really clean and the beds are really comfy also any time you need towels and you ask for it she never said no.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Maria G
Reviewed 21 July 2013

It's a pretty good walking distance to Disneyland and that's probably the only good thing about this hotel. The hotel looked pretty decent when I looked at on the internet but was the complete opposite from what I thought. The door was stuck and you had to push on it for a while just to get inside. It was hard to retrieve any free WiFi, and the only one that would appear on my laptop, was from the hotel next door. The room looked bare and had no sort of personality. There was also an odd smell to it when you walked in the room. Rather pay for hotel farther away from Disneyland, than stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank Criticintraining8
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Really if you are trying to save money and will bring all essentials - shampoo, conditioner, soap (stuff they have a bit scary) and blow dryer. They do have a new microwave & refidgerator. We did see a few bugs in bathroom at night but not during day. Beds sunk to center - pillows good though. TV new! AC bit noisy. They do have a baby pool in back - we did not use but saw others use it. Maybe try upstairs room.

Room Tip: TRY UPSTAIRS Room, ours was downstairs
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple