“No frills basic need met”

Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate
Ranked #79 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The price is the best for the location. The room very clean. Staff pleasant, amenities very few but it's a motel 6. Drawback was the toilet setup. The toilet and washing basin all in one room. No fan, no separation just door that separates from room and bathroom. Walking distance about three quarters mile. Yeah you can walk it. Paid shuttle picks up/drops off. Stay here again...maybe

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I've stayed at quite different types of hotels and motels during my adventure called life and this is my first negative experience in Anaheim. Reading multiple reviews on TripAdvisor I should of know they were all true. / I arrive at motel 6 main gate greeted by a smiling front desk agent which made me feel very welcome. I have you here for one night in a non smoking room. I agreed and went to my room. It was spunky and retro but that were it went all down hill. When I walked in the room smelled like heavy smoke- Was told this was a non smoking room but there was a ash tray in the room. Also the AC had at least 7 inches of dust. When going into the bathroom the shower nozzle looked like it hadn't been cleaned in five years. - I also notice mold in the tub and toilet wasn't cleaned properly. But now onto the beds- The beds are pretty much the most important thing. The bed was extremely worn down thought the spring was going to poke out and jab me in the back.

Location is the only postive: close to disneyland, places to eat, and art drops off there

I would not recommend this motel to anyone . This is my first negative review. I always stay Positive and find the good point of every hotel and motel but I didn't find any. I've said at way better motel 6s .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Matt B
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Booked a double room with Motel 6 at the last minute as my family and I decided to arrive earlier in the USA then first planned. As we had already had a hotel bookend for our main stay we grabbed a room at Motel 6 for the extra few nights.
We were very surprised at the size of the rooms and how big both the moan room and bathroom was. With a TV and fridge and large queen size comfy beds you couldn't ask for much more.
The actual motel is rather large but there was minimal noise associated with the large amount of guest etc.
It is very close to Disneyland and only a short distance from the express way and the GardenWalk for restaurants etc.

The price of the rooms is amazing for what you get at Motel 6 and had we had known earlier we would have stayed here for our whole holidays.
A must for those on a budget and only using a room to sleep in.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mattrickie
Reviewed 17 April 2014

For the price, the room was so much better than I was expecting! Perfect if you are wanting to go to Disneyland on a bit of a budget. The room was very comfortable, nice big bed, close walking distance to Disneyland and restaurants. The girls at the front desk were really helpful as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stacy G
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is the last night in a 4 night stay we booked with motel 6. Check in went well, the room seemed clean enough, though I did notice stray hairs here and there right off the bat. The bathroom has closet doors, which is really weird to me. The tv is nice and the micro fridge works. I'm traveling with kids, so when they took all the towels out of our room on the second day and didn't replace any, we decided to just go buy our own and save the hassle of dealing with the front desk, and so we would have towels for the beach. We spent the day today at disney, and came back to towels for the first time since we checked in, but as soon as we were in bed getting ready to sleep, my husband jumped up, grabbed a shoe, and smashed a FREAKING COCKROACH that was climbing on the wall near the fridge. So disgusting!! I guess you really do get what you pay for.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The location is decent, and the room was surprisingly modern for a budget motel. The staff was courteous and helpful, and the ART shuttle stops to Disneyland stops in front. This would not be my preferred choice for a return trip, but it is a fair value for a budget traveler. There is no breakfast or restaurant, however, only vending machines and a gift shop.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Took a recent father-son trip to Disneyland, and decided to stay here in order to keep the costs down. The rooms are simple, but comfortable. (okay a little on the sparse side), but that is okay after a long drive or day at the park. It has a very convenient bus stop on the RAT system, which makes getting to and from the park easy. No parking fee, and had no specific time to leave the lot, so we were able to check out and still go over to the park for the morning.

Only 2 negatives, and both seem to be a running theme at every Motel 6 I have ever stayed at. The shower curtain is hung in a odd way and does a poor job keeping water from splashing around, and they love their sprinkler systems. The outside always feels damp, and the door mats are soaked in the morning.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family