Kings Inn Anaheim
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Riviera Motel(Anaheim)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Castle Inn and Suites(Anaheim)
  • Pool
2,609 results
All reviewswafflesroom was cleanminute walkfree breakfastbubba gumpcheesecake factorynear disneylandwithin walking distancegarden walkfree parkingbudget hotelpool and hot tubstayed here for nightslaundry facilitieswould stay againafter a long daydisneyland trip
FilterAll languages

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Super8k, General Manager at Kings Inn Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel 2/6 to 2/10, for a quick getaway to disneyland with my 10-year-old son.

All we needed was a bed to sleep in and a roof over our heads. We planned to spend all our time at the parks. So I wasn't worried about the ratings for the hotel, or the state of the hotel room when we got there, which wasn't stellar by any means, because the price was perfect for me, through bookit.com.

When I got home I checked my credit card statement. I saw a charge for $117 from Super 8. I had prepaid for this room through bookit.com, so I did not expect any other fees. When I called them, they stated I had a CAT in the room so they've charged me a cleaning deposit!!!!

Ignoring the OBVIOUS question of who brings a cat to disneyland, I stated that in no way did I have any type of animal in the room. I said we came for a quick trip to disneyland, left the hotel at 7am and didn't return until 10pm most days. We spent one afternoon at the hotel hanging out at the pool. We allowed housekeeping to clean the room the first day, but saw no reason for them to do that work the second and third day because we barely used the room at all so added the Do Not Disturb sign to the door.

Peter, the manager, stated that housekeeping took pictures of hair on the floor and bedding. He has NOT provided me with these pictures.

I have issued a dispute of the charge with my credit card company, and I've also issued a dispute with bookit.com. So far bookit.com has been very courteous. I have yet to hear back from my credit card company, but they have a 60 day turnaround time.

I called Peter back and told him I wanted to give him the courtesy of letting him know I've issued the disputes with both my bank and bookit.com. I also asked that the pictures be e-mailed to me, and the picures must have the date and time stamped. He said now that I've disputed it with my bank and with bookit.com, he won't give me the pictures and will only deal with them.

What is sad is I was going to tell my friend that this hotel was decent because of the location and price. Now I would not wish this experience on anyone. I understand there are people out there who try to sneak in animals. But to have someone blatantly lie and say I had an animal when I absolutely did not is an outright scam. And to see that someone else posted this same type of review on yelp on 2/10/14 and similar experiences with unwarranted cleaning deposits on tripadvisor makes me think scam is truly the right word.

As of today, 3/5/14, I've been contacted by bookit.com who stated they have spoken directly with Peter the manager, and he told them this is an issue between the hotel and me so he will not provide them the photographic evidence either. I've asked the bookit.com resolution specialist to send her findings to me in writing so that I will have that when I contact the hotel again. It is obviously in direct conflict with what Peter told me earlier about only being willing to send the photos to bookit.com and the bank through the dispute process and not to me.

I hope Super 8 decides to make this right. I will not just fade away and allow them to steal money from me as I suspect others have allowed to happen, since it is certainly frustrating to have to follow up on this over and over again. If they choose to reply to this review, hopefully it will be with something more than "You did have a pet in your room and we have proof" because that is not an acceptable response after being repeatedly asked to provide said proof.

12  Thank Barbara M

Thank you for the review. I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced while staying here. We are a pet free motel. We have chosen this policy and make sure to state it on our registration cards and mention that when you are checking advising of the cleaning fee if pets and or pet evidence is found in the room. We charge this cleaning fee because for the protection of our other guests, we have to completely clean and sanitize the room for new arrivals. . Many of our guests who stay here rely on the fact we are pet free motel and stay here because they may have allergies etc to pet hair or dander or the animals them selves. We had 3 managers verify that there was indeed a cat in your room. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience, however, for the safety and comfort of our future guests, this room had to be serviced to remove the pet hair and dander found in the room. The cleaning fee for this service was applied to your room charges as clearly stated in the registration form filled in and signed upon check in. Sincerely,
Peter Bhagat,

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Very close to the parks (10 to 15-minute walk), good and spacious rooms, not great but decent breakfast.

1  Thank Caroline C