“Not a Super Super 8”

Ranked #33 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Visalia, California
“Not a Super Super 8”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

The only good thing is the closeness to Disneyland. The rooms are small, old, and in need of restoration (or demolition). The maid service is unsatisfactory, they only pick up the big stuff and seem to run through the room. The "breakfast" is cold cereal, bread, and donuts - not what you need to get your day started. Parking is bad!!! If you return after 9 PM you are likely to be double parked in the rear and hope that the person in front of you moves before you need to get out. I would not recommend this place for any more than one night- wish we could have left after the first night. Spend a couple more $$ and get a decent place.

1 Thank bbzebra
Super8k, General Manager at Super 8 Anaheim Near Disneyland, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
First and foremost, I would like to apologize if your visit with us was not what you expected and was not a good experience for you. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and I am sincerely sorry that did not happen during your stay with us. You did mention you thought we had a good location close to Disneyland. I am happy you found this convenient. You mentioned that our rooms are in need of restoration. We have upgraded all our rooms with new carpeting, all new furnishings, new mattresses, an upgraded fridge in each and every room. I do apologize if you feel the maid service was not satisfactory during your stay. I assure you I have spoken with my housekeeping manager about this and followed through with it. I do apologize if you found our breakfast not sufficient. We do have a breakfast that includes 2 kinds of cereal with milk, toast, with butter and jam, hot oatmeal, waffles with syrup, cinnamon rolls, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice, coffee and tea, along with hot cocoa. I do apologize if you had issues with our parking lot when you where here. Was someone double parked? Please let us know if this ever happens. We are here 24 hours and we do have sufficient parking for each and every room. There never should be an issue of double parking. If this is the case please let the front desk know right away. I do hope to see you again next time you are in Anaheim. Thanks so much for the review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
halifaxwest yorks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Excellant value for money considering your within 10-15 min walk away from "the mouse". Handily placed from the main highway and for getting to the SoCal beaches. We are nearing the end of a 38 day road trip that started in Chicago and have stopped off in a few Super 8's here and there and have not been disappointed in any of them.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ferguson88
Super8k, General Manager at Super 8 Anaheim Near Disneyland, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for the review! It is so nice to hear that you found our location so convenient during your stay with us. It's true was are only minutes from the Disneyland Park and very convenient to the beautiful southern California beaches! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we do look forward to seeing you again soon!
West Point, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

the rooms were ok the maid service was terrible they didn't empty the trash bins or throw anything away the breakfast in not breakfast by any stretch of the imagination they had some cold cereal small toast able waffles and some fruit and bread its not one of the strong points also I had reserved 2 rooms and we were charge for a damaged frig that was in the room that I and my wife stayed in all we put in it was 2 soft drinks and I know for a fact we did not damage it

Room Tip: do not choose this hotel if you want a breakfast or your room cleaned properly
1 Thank sdeadlift
Super8k, General Manager at Super 8 Anaheim Near Disneyland, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I want to sincerely apologize that your stay was not to your expectations and I apologize for the items you noted. I do thank you for your response to the email I sent you and as I said we do listen to all comments and while we never want to disappoint the guest, we do value these opportunities to continue to train and grow in our guest service. I have personally spoken with our housekeeping manager and we have discussed at length the issues you have mentioned and assure you this has been addressed. I do want to add to the items you mentioned on our breakfast menu. We do have in addition hot oatmeal, cinnamon rolls, yogurt, 2 kinds of juice, hot cocoa, tea and coffee along with jam and syrup for your toast of waffles. I do want to thank you for your business, and if you have further questions or concerns please feel free to call or drop me an email.
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Disney Land was only a block and a half away from hotel, which was a plus for us. The staff was so nice and helpful. Room was clean and beds were made everyday. Breakfast was not the best, but everything else about our stay was great. Will be back here again next year for our 2nd family vacation. The WIFI was not the best, but we were blessed with balcony floor to watch the fire works from Disney.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the review! It's great to know we fit into your budget and you like our location. Its true we are just minutes from the Disneyland park. I love to hear our staff was so helpful and pleasant during your stay with us, and that the rooms were clean and comfortable. I appreciate your feedback on our breakfast and assure you I will take your comments into consideration. I do apologize if you found the free WIFI was not giving you the best service. Next time please do bring it to our attention so we can address it right away. Yes! You can see fireworks from some of our rooms on that side top floor. Another great place to watch them is from our deck above the front desk reception area. It's so wonderful to hear you will be back! We look forward to your return!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is good value for money. The rooms are very spacious and clean, and have nice comfy beds. The bathroom is a bit pokey but clean and good water pressure in the shower. 15 minute walking distance from Disneyland and near a variety of restaurants including Denny's and IHOP if you don't want to eat at Disney. Front desk were very helpful and always friendly. We would recommend this to anyone wanting to stay close to disneyland without breaking the bank.

• Stayed April 2014
I am so happy to hear we fit into your budget and found us an affordable place to stay when visiting Disneyland. I love to hear you found our rooms so spacious and clean and found the beds so comfortable. It is true we are minutes away from the Disneyland park as well as many great dining choices in the area. I am happy to know that you found our front desk staff so helpful and friendly during your stay. Thank you so much for recommending our Super 8 to others and we do look forward to seeing you again in the near future!