“Nice accommodations in close proximity to Disneyland.”
Review of Kings Inn Anaheim

Kings Inn Anaheim
Ranked #28 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The rooms are clean and redecorated and the beds were very comfortable; great location with easy access to Disneyland and Downtown Disney; nice pool and hot tub outside. Negatives: the price was higher than I expected for a Super 8 and breakfast wasn't much. Still, a nice room and acceptable accommodations.

2  Thank Bnjmcleod
Super8k, General Manager at Kings Inn Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thanks for the review. Yes we have recently remodeled our rooms, including adding fridges to all the rooms. I am glad to know you are happy with all the upgrades. We do have a great location, so convenient to Disneyland, only 10 minutes walk and you are there. I appreciate that you mentioned our heated pool and hot tub and enjoyed them during your stay. It sure is nice after a long day at the park to take a dip and have a bit of relaxation time. We have many complimentary amenities such as free wifi, complimentary breakfast, free parking, we are priced accordingly, and during peak season, rates are a bit more than during off season. We do hope to see you again in the near future!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,517)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The first night I was impressed with room appereance, the location was perfect, the next night I stayed the maids didn't do any effort to fix the beds they were made like in a rush otherwise I would of give 5. I would come back again!!

• Stayed: June 2014

We do have a very convenient location so close to the convention center, just a few minutes walk. I am happy to know you found our rooms to your liking. We have recently remodeled them and added amenities such as a fridge in every room. I am sorry to hear you found housekeeping did not meet your expectations during your stay. I have followed up with my housekeeping manager, and assure you it has been addressed. I am so excited to hear you will be back! Thank you so much for the review!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

On a recent trip to California, we were looking for a place to stay near Disneyland (location) that offered safe surroundings (location), comfortable and clean accommodations (from reviews by others), at a price that still allowed us to enjoy Disneyland. This was exactly what I hoped it would be.

It's located less than a block from the parks and surrounded by other (seemingly nicer by appearance) hotels. This made it so there were lots of other tourists walking around and provided a very safe feel. Out our room's window we could see the Tower of Terror and the back of Cars Land. We also were able to enjoy the Disney's nighttime fireworks from the pool of the motel.

The room was clean enough for the price. No complaints here. We weren't there to hang out in the room anyways. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The continental breakfast was pretty much the only downfall. There were a few yogurts (if you arrived early), two sugary cereals, juice, coffee, and frozen waffles for you to toast in a very crowded "breakfast room."

This place is not to be confused with the other Anaheim Super * that is located on the opposite side of Disneyland. We mistakenly pulled into there on our first night and I was already having regrets just based on the surroundings and the fact that there wasn't a single parking space for me. I thought I had made a mistake, but I was relieved to discover that we were at the other one - if nothing else, just on first appearance impressions alone.

Bottom line: good cheap place to stay near Disneyland.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JayneTravelers

I love the fact that you enjoyed being able to view Disneyland fireworks from the pool. We also have a great view of the spectacular show from our sundeck. We do have rooms that face the Disneyland park and they do have a wonderful view of the Tower of Terror, as well as Carsland and many other attractions. I am glad to know you found our location so convenient, and you felt safe and sound when staying here. I appreciate your feedback on our complimentary Super Start breakfast. We do have various items such as cereals, hot oatmeal, toast with jam, waffles with syrup, our Super 8 Signature cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, yogurt, hot cocoa, hot coffee and tea. I will take your comments into consideration, and again appreciate your feedback. I am so glad that we fit into your budget and we do look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My son and I stayed at the Super 8 on Katella. The location was really close to Disneyland- only a 10 minute walk- the rooms were clean, decorated beautifully, and the beds were so comfortable!!!
The staff were awesome! Very nice and helpful!
We will stay here again for sure!!!!!!

1  Thank ilovedisneyland

Thanks so much for the awesome review! Great to know you loved our location and found it so convenient when visiting Disneyland! Our rooms have recently been upgraded and renovated with new beds, furnishings, décor as well as added fridges to each and every room. I am happy you found this to your liking and enjoyed staying in our new rooms. Thank you so much for complimenting our staff, its always great to hear they are excelling in customer service and are here to help each and every guest. Most importantly, I want to say I am so happy to know you will be back to see us again! We truly look forward to it!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The property itself doesn't look the best but the room was vey nice looking. The beds were comfortable and the wall AC unit was actually easy to control.The breakfast was disappointing. I've stayed at other Super 8 places before that offered scrambled eggs and sausage patties, but not here. There were frozen waffles needing to be toasted, oatmeal, 2 kinds of cereal, oranges, yogurt and packaged cinnamon roll pastries. Aside from that, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandra V

Thank you so much for the review. I am glad to hear you found our rooms so accommodating and our beds so comfortable. We have recently updated all our rooms with new furnishings as well as added a fridge to each room! We do have a complimentary Super Start breakfast that does include 2 kinds of cold cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, toast with jam, toaster waffles with syrup, our Super 8 signature cinnamon rolls, as well as juice, tea, hot cocoa and coffee. I will take your suggestions into consideration, and do again thank you for the review.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Once again we stayed at Super 8, have always found staff friendly and helpful. we stay in the same room each year and the room has been refurbished. we thank Peter and Omar for fixing the small problem with the door. We have no trouble with the basic breakfast and the breakfast lady is always helpful and cheerful. we will again stay here during our visit next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LIL32Brisbane
Super8k, General Manager at Kings Inn Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

So good to hear from previous guests! It was so nice to see you again! It's good to know you had a great time and enjoyed your stay so much. I am happy to hear our staff is providing the excellent service you deserve. It's true we have refurbished all our rooms and updated them with fridges in every room now. Glad to know you enjoy our complimentary Super Start breakfast. We do look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The only good thing is the closeness to Disneyland. The rooms are small, old, and in need of restoration (or demolition). The maid service is unsatisfactory, they only pick up the big stuff and seem to run through the room. The "breakfast" is cold cereal, bread, and donuts - not what you need to get your day started. Parking is bad!!! If you return after 9 PM you are likely to be double parked in the rear and hope that the person in front of you moves before you need to get out. I would not recommend this place for any more than one night- wish we could have left after the first night. Spend a couple more $$ and get a decent place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bbzebra
Super8k, General Manager at Kings Inn Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

First and foremost, I would like to apologize if your visit with us was not what you expected and was not a good experience for you. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and I am sincerely sorry that did not happen during your stay with us. You did mention you thought we had a good location close to Disneyland. I am happy you found this convenient. You mentioned that our rooms are in need of restoration. We have upgraded all our rooms with new carpeting, all new furnishings, new mattresses, an upgraded fridge in each and every room. I do apologize if you feel the maid service was not satisfactory during your stay. I assure you I have spoken with my housekeeping manager about this and followed through with it. I do apologize if you found our breakfast not sufficient. We do have a breakfast that includes 2 kinds of cereal with milk, toast, with butter and jam, hot oatmeal, waffles with syrup, cinnamon rolls, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice, coffee and tea, along with hot cocoa. I do apologize if you had issues with our parking lot when you where here. Was someone double parked? Please let us know if this ever happens. We are here 24 hours and we do have sufficient parking for each and every room. There never should be an issue of double parking. If this is the case please let the front desk know right away. I do hope to see you again next time you are in Anaheim. Thanks so much for the review.