“Wonderful”

Ranked #43 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
california
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 3 May 2011

My husband and I celebrated Valentine's Day here. We purchased a Jacuzzi room, with the romance package. The jacuzzi was wonderful, clean, big, and very convenient as it has a door from the bathroom as well as easy access to the bedroom. The romance package was delivered on time, however I don't think I would pay for that again, it came with champagne, strawberries, bubble bath, and chocolate.. I could have bought everything for cheaper than they offer it. The hotel staff were great, and helpful. The hotel and rooms were very clean and newly remodeled. The hotel was conveniently located near a fast food place, and the freeway. We ordered room service for breakfast and it came rather quickly and was very tasty.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
inland empire
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Stayed one night so I was close to Disneyland. Overall a good experience. Room was clean quiet and nice. The only complaint was the T.V picture quality wasn't that great but it did have a good selection of stations. Room service menu looked reasonable but didn't order from it based on some of the reviews I have seen on here about the restaurant.

Room Tip: Pick up you own snacks and stuff before arrival
taranaki
Reviewed 29 April 2011

we actually stayed next door at the Staybridge but had about 5 evening meals at the Hoilday Inn restaurant. Each time the meals were superb and one of the highlights of our stay in Anaheim.

Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
made_in_january
Reviewed 28 April 2011

The title of my review expresses the fact that my guy and I were unable to go due to unfortunate circumstances with our admission tickets and a family emergency. So I'm still freshly bitter and saddened by it all. But that is OK- because we can always drive back up and I would definitely stay here again!

I booked through Hotwire and was a bit hesitant with my results. From what I had read, the reviews were mixed but I went with my gut because we would only be there for one night and out the door the next day to Disneyland. Plus, it was an absolutely fabulous deal!

The drive was pretty straight forward, as it can be easily seen from the highway. Be careful if you do decide to take the carpool lanes on the 5-North, you might miss the Katella exit, which is exactly what happened to us. The parking at the hotel is free and ample, which is always a score in my book. Checking in (and out) was a breeze and I was handed my room cards in less than five minutes. On the bottom floor was a couple of conference rooms and a restaurant. Didn't get to check it out so I can't really comment on either or.

We were situated on the sixth floor and the view was overlooking the pool, where children and adults alike were enjoying themselves. If we had had more time, I would have totally jumped in there. The room was clean and the beds were nicely made with these cute pillows that say 'Soft' or 'Firm'. The pillows, however, are an odd size and smaller than usual. Maybe you could bring your favorite. The bathroom itself was also clean, tidy, and fully stocked with towels and toiletries by Bath & Body Works. The shower pressure is awesome although the heat up time will take about a minute. I'm used to this at home, so I didn't really sweat it.

The only dirty culprits I found was the mildew on the shower head, a stain on the bottom of the tub, and another stain inside one of the 'unsed' coffee cups. I know this can be a majorly anal thing to a lot of people but really? Just wash it. You're not going to die.

The mattresses were solid and we were able to get a pretty good night's worth of sleep. I could hear the slamming of doors but fascinatingly enough, I couldn't hear any voices or conversations going on.

The free WiFi is a bit on the slow side but come on? You plan to stay on it all day long? The connection was immediate and we surfed a bit for a local Ralphs and other sites in the vicinity.

The hotel is south of Disneyland (about a mile) but hotel does provide a shuttle via ART to and from the park for an affordable price. We paid $4.00 each for a one-day pass that would last until at least 12:30 AM. Heck, the driver was super nice and helpful, too.

Overall, I would recommend this place! A little tip because I hilariously asked a bajillion people where the ice machine was: they are located on the 5th and 7th floor behind the elevators :)

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank made_in_january
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Why? "Free Internet" is never up. I barely got connected for about 10 minutes max during our four night stay. When complained they said will fix, nothing done.

The shuttle to Disneyland is not free, thats fine. However the issue is it does not come often enough. We could not get in the bus twice, because there were way too many people waiting, so the bus got full. Missing a bus once means you almost waste close to an hour in the lot (with two kids).

1 Thank mangkaru
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 22 April 2011

This hotel is nearly perfect if you are traveling to the Disneyland Resort. Rooms are clean and comfortable, and I was amazed at how quiet the hotel was. The walls seemed to be soundproof. You could not hear other guests, even in the hallways. The adults in our group slept very well on the comfy beds. Our boys enjoyed the 'kids suite' which had a TV and XboX, yet fair warning! They require a deposit for the use of the Xbox, games, controllers, etc. *check the fine print before booking that room* (we brought our own controllers/games so only has to pay $100 deposit) The room had plenty of storage space to hang clothes, etc, and the bathroom/shower was a generous size Holiday Inn has an awesome 'conservation' program where they request that you not change linens/towels every day, yet there is a dinky little towel bar in the bathroom. We typically reuse our bath towels, and it was difficult to hang them up on that tiny little bar. Amenities within the hotel = we used the pool, which was a lot of fun. You have to go to the gift shop to microwave popcorn (why no microwave in each room, I am not sure) and the ice machines are only on the odd-numbered floors. The laundry is on the 9th floor, 1 dollar per load, and I did three loads while visiting. Clean, efficient washer/dryer combos. Parking is free and patrolled by security at night, as we got back late. You may choose to deal with the ART, or drive to the Disney parking lot and pay the $15 fee.

2 Thank DsnyRose
Port Hueneme, California
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I stay at Holiday Inn's on a regular basis for work and I love them but was extra pleased when staying at this Holiday Inn. The staff was great - very friendly and helpful while checking us in and we loved the modern design of the hotel and our room (we thought it was very new but heard it was about 10 years old). My wife and I stayed there because we wanted to be close to Disneyland where we were celebrating our granddaughter's 5th birthday and it was very convenient to the "happiest place on earth"! And we loved that after a long day at Disneyland, the hotel had a great bar where we could have a nightcap. Our bartender was perfect - she was really sweet and very helpful when we asked about the hotel and places around the area. We had a really good breakfast in the hotel restaurant as well! You won't be disappointed if you stay here. I found out a few days later that one of my neighbors had also booked a room there for the following weekend and she was thrilled after I told her how nice it was.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple