1,178 results
All reviewsburger theoryfront deskkids eat freeanaheim resortbreakfast and dinnerfree parkingwould stay here againgift shopart busstayed at this hotel for nightshot tubshuttle busshuttle serviceday passangels stadiumvisiting disneylandnice pool
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I was in this Hotel two weeks ago and found it perfectly pleasent, i was on a tour so only stayed a couple of nights but it was adequate for what i needed..If you,re a family with kids its close to Disney and there are regular shuttle buses to get you around.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Samab_11
Holiday_InnLAXSM, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Dear Samab_11,

Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure, reading your feedback and knowing your stay was enjoyable! We were also pleased to hear that ART transportation helped out with assisting you on your journey to Disneyland. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Christine L.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

I booked this hotel on Hotwire. That's always a crap-shoot, and I had thought I came out on the losing end with this hotel after I read the reviews here on Tripadvisor. However, since my expectations were low, my overall experience at the hotel and the immediate area was not bad at all and I have no major gripes with this Holiday Inn. I do have a gripe with Hotwire, however. But that is stuff for another review...

My wife, two teenage boys and I had an above average 3-night stay in early October. This is our 7th or 8th time in Anaheim and we've stayed at properties like Candy Cane Inn, Paradise Pier, and Hyatt Regency in the past, and I cannot rate this experience at the Holiday Inn much lower. I would rate the property as average on an objective scale; however, I'm sure most people rate a hotel from their expectations, and this property exceeded my expectations, and here's why:

Some reviewers made it sound like the property was disconnected from the resort area. But it was easy to find, just off Katella on a winding road, and there was plenty of free parking as we rented a car. This Holiday Inn shares some amenities, like parking, with an adjacent Staybridge Suites property so when the Holiday Inn side of the parking was filled, there were always available stalls on the Staybridge side. The properties also shared a pool area, which we did not have time to use, but it looked large, clean, and had a fair amount of lounge chairs. Yes, the property is next to highway on-ramps and there was construction on one bordering the hotel property, but we never heard any of it (we're at Disneyland most of the time, of course, during the day) and proximity to the freeways made it easy to get to John Wayne Airport.

I've read about check-in headaches, but for us it took less than 5 minutes. When we got there at about noon, only one person was at the front desk and several persons in front of me in line and I said under my breath, "Okay, here it begins." But the front desk guy was sharp. While checking guests in he was dispatching maintenance workers to rooms on a walkie-talkie, requesting more chairs for the banquet room over the phone, and consulting with a tour desk employee for information, all the while being gracious and professional.

The lobby was not large, but clean and comfortable, the elevators reliable and fast. We checked-in early and we took the wheelchair-accessible room as it was available. It was large and clean and included a small fridge and coffee maker. The bathroom was immense and the only negative was that the toilet was not working properly, but a maintenance worker fixed that up in just a few minutes after we had called the front desk.

I did have an issue with the beds. We were given two twin beds and they were uncomfortable-too soft and too small for two full grown adults. I had a backache by the second night. We usually stay at least 5 days in Disneyland, but it was good thing we only had 3 nights on this trip. Also, as others have said, there was an old-fashioned "tube" TV in the room. The TV worked okay and there was not a large number or variety of channels to choose from. But for us, why come 2,300 miles to watch TV? So it was not an issue.

We had purchased our Disneyland entry tickets with AAA in Honolulu but we had procrastinated, so Disney did not have time to send the tickets to Hawaii, so they sent them to the hotel. No problem at all with having them ready for us at check-in. One of the perks of buying the tickets from AAA is free parking at the theme parks. This is the first time we did this and wish we knew about the location for the parking (that was a fiasco---ended upon I5 for a bit). I bring this up because the hotel is too far for a comfortable walk to the parks, about 1/2 mile. If you do not have a car, there is the ART bus shuttle service that picks up and drops off right on the hotel property. It looks like there was an automated self-help kiosk at the bus pick-up to purchase the shuttle tickets.

From the property we were able to drive to Garden Grove in just a few minutes for shopping and dining, as well as to church. And as I had mentioned the freeway is right there in front of the property so getting to the airport was easy.

All staff were friendly and efficient, there was a coin-operated laundry room, and security was sufficient. To get into the hotel from the back parking and the pool areas you needed to use your room key to get in. At night, the area looks sketchy I guess because of the freeways. I did not see any suspicious individuals during our stay, though.

We heeded previous reviews and steered clear of the hotel restaurant. There is a small snack shop next to the front desk; not sure if they sold toiletries or souvenirs. There were two computer terminals and a printer in the lobby in what looked like a "business" center, but none of the electronics were working, but we had our I-Pad (I imagine most people have some personal device to connect to the internet.) There was free Wi-Fi, and I remember reading reviewers had problems with the Wi-Fi, but we never did, perhaps because we were only on the third floor above the lobby.

So overall, our stay at this Holiday Inn was quite good, except for the beds. Also, the theme parks were just packed with people. We had the least fun time ever at any Disney location because of the crowds. That is another issue, of course. We would stay here again if we planned to have a car and needed to drive to other towns, and, or, if we can get a room for less than $100/day.

Room Tip: If you plan to use the free Wi-Fi, try to get a room on the second or third floors right above the lobby.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Radmen
Holiday_InnLAXSM, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2012

Dear Radman,

We would like to thank you for your stay with us while in Anaheim. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the feedback we receive and welcome corrective criticism. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

I am completely grossed out!! We found bed bugs in our bed room 827. The first night my daughter's said there was a bug in their bed and I ignored them. The next night there was a bug in our bed. I looked bed bugs up on the Internet and it was an exact match!!! I took a picture of it as proof.
The management moved us to another room and we stripped the beds and found no bugs BUT there was a jug stain on the mattress that is brown like a blood stain!
I am contacting Getaway Today in the morning since I booked through them and I want my $$ back!

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank 09181975
Holiday_InnLAXSM, Administative Assistant at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2012

Dear 09181975,

I want to generally apologize to your family for the issue with this most hated creature around! Unfortunately, we ran into this problem during your stay and sincerely want to let you know that we have addressed the issue. Again our sincere apology to your family for this unfortunate mishap, I hope the rest of your vacation was great.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

On our trip on September 13-14, 2012 the first room we entered smelled of smoke and was dirty so we called the front desk who agreed to change our room. Rather than send up a bellhop to help us move from one room to another I was asked to bring our entire luggage for our family of four back down to the lobby where I was then issued a key for a new room which I then had to take our luggage up to. At no time during my initial check-in or subsequent room change was I offered help with my luggage either by a person or even with a cart, nor did it seem out of the norm for the front desk employees to receive a complaint about a room and just switch you to another one; no apologies for the inconvenience in any way. Somebody in your staff could have simply acknowledged our inconvenience and it would have gone a long way. We were staying at your hotel for a birthday celebration and this put a damper on our stay. The swimming pool was dirty with debris and there were no pool towels. When I called for pool towels the person that answered the phone said that we would have to come to the front desk and get more and they would not bring them to the pool area where the racks were empty.

Since we had stayed at your hotel previously we decide to overlook our September stay and booked a room again in November. I called at noon on the day of check-in to ask if we could check in 30 minutes early and if we could get a king size bed as my husband and I were now staying at your hotel without our children. I was told very politely that our room would be ready for us and the early check in was ok. When we checked in 15 minutes early, at 2:45 pm we were told that no king beds were available. Since we were checking in 15 minutes early I am not sure why there were no king beds – would one be available in 15 min or were they are checked out with early check ins? The hotel was empty when I check in and the front desk clerk did not have an explanation and said she could only offer us two doubles for the night. We stayed in suite 310 which if you look at it you will noticed the dirty, peeling wallpaper next to the beds and the torn wall paper in the entrance hallway. This room had two chairs and a table, which was an upgrade from our last stay where the room only had one chair, but unfortunately both chairs were filthy. We grabbed towels from the bathroom and laid them over the chairs and accepted the room with its flaws for the night. When we awoke the next morning and attempted to get ready for our day in room 310, the coffee pot did not work, the bathroom toilet would not flush - kept backing up and the shower wouldn't drain. Ninety minutes after my husband took a shower, the water was still 8 inches deep in the tub so I was not able to take a shower and get ready. We were planning on ordering room service and checking out by noon but since I couldn't shower and we couldn't make coffee or use the toilet, we left early.

When I went to check out I handed the front desk clerk my room key. She did not say one word to me – I waited for her to say “Good morning” or “how was your stay?” so I could tell her what our experience was but she obviously didn’t care as she didn’t even both to make eye contact with me or inquire about our stay. She checked me out and then finally speaks to me saying “You’re all set, there are no additional charges to your card”. I didn’t receive a receipt; I didn’t have to sign anything showing the final bill, nothing. I then spoke up and told her about the coffee pot, toilet and shower and she said “Oh, I’m sorry.”

I don’t typically write reviews on websites unless I receive superior service and I can sing a company’s praises; however, I am going to be making an exception in this case as I feel that the service you are portraying on your websites is very misleading as that is no longer the level of service that your company provides. I am very disappointed in the Holiday Inn and will ensure that you will not receive any more of my business; there are hundreds of hotels in the Disneyland area for a comparable price but superior service and they will be glad to have my business.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Suzi M.

Sorry to hear your stay wasn't too your satisfaction. We do try our best to provide comfort and great lodging needs for our guests. Unfortunately, we fell a little short to your expectations. I will pass along these issues and concerns to my General Manager. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

hotel was okay. the people that work there are wonderful. bathtub is very shallow and shower is weak.there is a predator in the lobby that will attack you as soon as you walk in. often at the door to the lobby and try to sell you time share. after a seven hour drive that was not a pleasant introduction to the hotel. would have left on the spot if we did not already pay for our stay. Location=no shops near by or other restaurants to go to. once you are back , you are back.
will i return? not to that hotel.the staff is wonderful again. but no...i will not return

Room Tip: all the rooms are good.just dodge the troll in the lobby
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Holiday_InnLAXSM, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear Tucsonfran guest

Thank you for taking time to write your review. I do apologize for your inconvenience you and your family endured while entering our lobby of the Hotel. I would like to give my sincere apology for your unsatisfactory stay here with us. We are continually working on striving to improve the services and facilities that we offer our guests. Again, please accept my sincere apologies for your uncomfortable stay.

Administative Assistant