1,177 results
All reviewsburger theoryfront deskkids eat freeanaheim resortbreakfast and dinnerfree parkingwould stay here againgift shopart busstayed at this hotel for nightshot tubshuttle busshuttle serviceday passangels stadiumvisiting disneylandnice pool
Reviewed 1 December 2012

When I called the lady said the kids suite was the way to go- bigger nicer room ect. BS!!!!! The room is so cramped the bunk beds are so uncomfortable and small a child can hardly roll over not to mention the double bed for mom and dad. Its a chip board animal painted divider to separate the bunks from the rest of the room and its gaudy as ever! I have long hair and it was still in the tub after the maid was in. The taps were Shiney though! They never actually made my sons bed. Just threw the covers back up over it and never straightened the sheets out! They were crumpled at the foot of the bed!! The toilet ran constantly and actually overflowed at one point!! Gross!!!! The TVs are from the dinosaur ages as well as the air conditioner units! The pool was closed for our entire stay which we were NEVER told about upon booking our NON-REFUNDABLE room!! There is a creepy time share guy lurking in the lobby everyday ready to pounce . Just what everyone needs on vacation. The gift shop is a JOKE it's almost empty. Nothing you need will be there. We wanted some milk for the little one but they had nothing like that at all. You think with kids going to disney that would be a staple. Had to go to the restaraunt and get a glass of milk for almost $4.00!! There is usually some grumpy troll sitting in the gift shop on the phone with no intention of customer service at all. It is NO WHERE near anything! You need to cab or bus and a good 10-15 minute bus to disney:( . The restaurant is a dark hole with mediocre to sub- par food. They never got our order right. Thank goodness we were at the park most of the time as every minute spent here was miserable!! I will never stay again. You never got the magic disney feel here AT ALL! We never heard once to have a magical day or a good day for that matter. I am glad this was not our first visit to disney because this hotel really took away from our experience. The holiday inn closer to disney is way better hands down!! They start the magic upon entrance! The restaurant is better, the hotel is better, service is better and it's a short bus ride. This place is an embarrassment to holiday inn chains!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Travelbug20121
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear Travelbug20121,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your comments about the conditions of our hotel has been documented and will certainly be looked into. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 November 2012

The hotel was 5 - 10 minutes from Disneyland. You first need to take the public transit bus or a cab going to some places. The hotel has one restaurant but there's no nearby restaurants. And those are the downside of this hotel. The staffs are knowledgeable, helpful, kind and friendly. The room and bathroom were clean and spacious. They have free Wi-Fi and complimentary breakfast. Overall our experience was good. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dan0922
Holiday_InnLAXSM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear Dan0922,

I would like to thank you for staying with us while in Anaheim. Its a great feeling to know that we provided great hospitality! Your feedback about our Hotel was very satisfying and it is AWESOME to know you will come stay with us again. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

From all of us at Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort

Reviewed 27 November 2012

The room was a big one. very specious. I was very dissapointed of the housekeepin. They didn't have daily housekeeping. I had to request to get someone to clean our bathroom, replace towels etc. It seemed like they were always short staff. We stayed 4 nights during our disneyland trip shuttle was very conveniet. overall didn't worth the money we paid.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank anjula75
Holiday_InnLAXSM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Dear Anjula75,

Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your visit. I will be discussing these concerns with the Housekeeping Department to ensure all linens are in the room upon check-in and detailed cleaning is done!

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 27 November 2012

When I booked this reservation I called to ask about proximity to Disney. I was told it was "across the street" and "easy walking distance to Disney." NOT! it is close to I-5, requires using the ART public transit bus $5.00 per day per adult, $3.00 per child. The bus runs every 30-35 minutes and often filled up before all the hotel passengers were on. They had to wait for the next bus. I was so disappointed, having expected I could walk easily.

During November the weather is foggy in the morning, very warm in the afternoon, and very "cool" in the evening(I'm from CA so I would call it cold in the evening, but since other travelers were swimming in the pool at 10 p.m. I learned I am obviously more sensitive to cold than most). Not being able to get back to the hotel easily you have to dress prepared for all weather. Wear layers. Bring a change of clothes if going on water rides, and rent a locker for $7.00 near the entrance to Disneyland or CA Adventure Park. Some of the lockers have cell phone charger capabilities.

Okay, "free breakfast" not really free. There is a large hot breakfast buffet when you are seated . The server will offer you coffee or a beverage. If you have the blue square ticket READ IT. I did not. I sat, ordered coffee, and got up and went to the buffet. The waiter had me sign my blue ticket with room number. Brought me a receipt with a tip line (I tipped) Server never said a thing. Then on my final hotel bill there was a charge for $20.00. The next day I read my blue square ticket and learnd it is only good for two menu items, a small OJ, and tip is INCLUDED. Again after dining you fill out your blue ticket, a receipt is brought with a blank tip line and even if you write "included" on that line a charge for the gratuity appears on your final hotel bill.
The choices are eggs, sausage or bacon, toast and potatoes or pancakes, sausage or bacon. The sausage was very bad. Almost as if they had taken the left over sausage from the day before's buffet then reheated them on the griddle until they were shoe leather. The restaurant is privatey owned from the Holiday Inn so even though the charges are on the hotel bill the front desk cannot help you with a restaurant overcharge. They were too busy to speak to me and we had to leave. I was told that they would contact me. I have been home for three days now...no word.

The elevator and halls were very clean. If you need to use a microwave you have to travel downstairs to the ground floor and use the one in the gift store. This hotel has nine floors I believe, so not very convenient. There is a fridge and small coffee maker. Bring BOTTLED WATER if you want coffee or just a drink of water. The tap water is nasty bad.
The rooms are narrow. Ours had two double beds. If the bathroom door is left open it is difficult to open the front door to the room. Beds were comfy, yet squeaky when just getting in and out of bed. TV remote had issues with the batteries, and both telephones had red flashing lights that you couldn't turn off, most of the phone buttons were not working well so calling the front desk was problematic. Heater is very loud and blows cold air over the bed closest to it until it warms up. You have to crawl onto the other bed to access the thermostat on the opposite wall.

Overall this hotel was reasonably priced for a room and hot breakfast in Anaheim, but being so far from Disneyland was a definite drawback, as were the restaurant hassles. There is a big pool shaped like Mickey Mouse and a small hot tub that we did not use. And you can see the fireworks from the upper floor rooms at night.

Average rating is what was earned.

Room Tip: Higher floor for better Disney fireworks viewing.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank family2shop4

Dear family2shop4,

I would like to apologize to you and your family for a not so great stay! We do try our best to provide excellent service to our guests. We unfortunately did not meet your expectations. I will voice your concerns to the General Manager regarding all the issues you have provided. Thank you again for your time.

SIncerely,
Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 21 November 2012

We booked about 16 rooms total for a trip we took last week. We had a large group of over 30 people coming to Disneyland. We work with people with developmental disabilities and you can imagine the challenges we faced in finding the perfect hotel that would accomadate all of our folks with their wheelchairs, scooters, etc. We needed handicapped and adjoining rooms and were booking for 6 days. Annette A. went above and beyond to help me with everything we needed the entire time. Not only was she there to help with the million questions I had along the way, she went as far as to send me maps of the hotel floors, and rooms so that we could make sure everyone was in the rooms that fit their needs and close to their staff. The rest of the staff at the hotel were amazing also. We bugged them each day asking for print outs of directions to different places and suggestions of things to do at the parks and nearby. They were extremely patient and helpful. The restaraunt and store were also great. It was nice to have somewhere within the hotel to eat so that we didn't have to catch the bus or drive somewhere else. We loved the pool, hot tub and arcade as well. We went with large groups of people and there was more than enough room for all of us to have fun. The rooms were great. The beds were comfortable and there were 4 pillows provided on each bed. There was also a good tv, fridge, and bathroom and shower. The housekeepers were awesome, and did a wonderful job every day! Annette even helped me with the transportation to and from Disneyland. We got discounted bus passes for our folks and the bus comes directly to the front of the hotel every 20 mins. There are bus schedules and routes already ready at the front desk. Overall great staff, friendly, helpful and helped make this once in a lifetime trip a reality! I would recommend the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort to anyone looking for a great place to stay!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ashleigh G

Dear Ashleigh G.

We are so very pleased to hear about your stay with us while in town. It is good to hear that our Sales Manager Annette A. went above and beyond the call of duty to assist you with all your needs!! Thank you once again for your great feedback .

Management