“very good for the price you pay”

Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area
Ranked #44 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 3 December 2012

we got a real bargin, due to the fact the pool and hot tub are closed. staff very friendly. rooms clean, beds comfy, fridge, coffee pot, tv, free wii fii , what more do you need. Also the ART bus stops right out font the hotel. You can buy your bus pass right out front the hotel as well.. Take teh 12 to disney land, runs every 20 mins give or take. Take the 19 from hotel to take you to the close mall , good shopping and lots of eats.

look up art online, pay the cash for a weeks pass and use the bus and save your feet the walking

no bed bugs
not walking distance to disney

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank galvatronic
Holiday_InnLAXSM, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Dear Galvatronic,

So sorry to hear that you were inconvienced while staying with us, do to our annual renovation. However we do appreciate hearing about your comfortable stay in our rooms. We do try our very best to provide comfort to everyone. I am so glad to hear you also enjoyed the ART bus and it was to your liking. We would like to say thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor.

Happy Holidays from
Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort

Reviewed 2 December 2012

We booked this on Priceline, and we felt like we got what we expected. The room was clean and comfortable, had a big fridge, and a walk-in shower. This hotel seems Ideal for large families and it appears that it gets alot of traffic. The pool area was closed for renovations, but it rained all day the day we were there. This hotel is kind of out of the way for dining, there is a restaurant onsite, but it never had anyone in it when we passed by.

Buy the ART passes for $5 a day and leave your car parked. They drop you off 100 yds from the parks, and run every 20 minutes or so.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BatonRougeBunnyman

Dear Baton Rouge Bunny,

Thanks for your responding on Tripadvisor about your stay with us. We apologize for the untimily yearly renovation to our pool area. We do hope you will stay with us again while in town to experience our new pool deck. We are pleased that you enyoyed yourself while staying with us.

Happy Holidays
Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort

Reviewed 1 December 2012

We were there for 8 days. We had a really good experience. The beds were nice and everything was pretty clean. After I booked the hotel I read horrible reviews and did not know what to expect. As soon as I got to the hotel, I told the lady at the front desk about the reviews. She explained to me that there were a couple of Holiday inn in the area and that most of the reviews were for the other ones. I loved the location it was close enough to Disney (not walking distance) and it was close enough to LA and other attractions that we wanted to visit. The restaurant is pretty good. This hotel does not include breakfast and their breakfast buffet is around $13 which is not bad at all and they have a great variety. It was a great experience over all. The only thing was that the carpet was a little dirty other than that it was good.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Johana P
Holiday_InnLAXSM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear Johana P.

I would like to say thank you for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, Holiday inn strives for excellence! Each guest response helps us with our goal of excellence, we need to find out what we can improve on as far a guest satisfaction as well as suggestions. Thank you once again and hope you stay at Holiday Inn in the future.

Happy Holidays- Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort

Reviewed 1 December 2012

When I called the lady said the kids suite was the way to go- bigger nicer room ect. BS!!!!! The room is so cramped the bunk beds are so uncomfortable and small a child can hardly roll over not to mention the double bed for mom and dad. Its a chip board animal painted divider to separate the bunks from the rest of the room and its gaudy as ever! I have long hair and it was still in the tub after the maid was in. The taps were Shiney though! They never actually made my sons bed. Just threw the covers back up over it and never straightened the sheets out! They were crumpled at the foot of the bed!! The toilet ran constantly and actually overflowed at one point!! Gross!!!! The TVs are from the dinosaur ages as well as the air conditioner units! The pool was closed for our entire stay which we were NEVER told about upon booking our NON-REFUNDABLE room!! There is a creepy time share guy lurking in the lobby everyday ready to pounce . Just what everyone needs on vacation. The gift shop is a JOKE it's almost empty. Nothing you need will be there. We wanted some milk for the little one but they had nothing like that at all. You think with kids going to disney that would be a staple. Had to go to the restaraunt and get a glass of milk for almost $4.00!! There is usually some grumpy troll sitting in the gift shop on the phone with no intention of customer service at all. It is NO WHERE near anything! You need to cab or bus and a good 10-15 minute bus to disney:( . The restaurant is a dark hole with mediocre to sub- par food. They never got our order right. Thank goodness we were at the park most of the time as every minute spent here was miserable!! I will never stay again. You never got the magic disney feel here AT ALL! We never heard once to have a magical day or a good day for that matter. I am glad this was not our first visit to disney because this hotel really took away from our experience. The holiday inn closer to disney is way better hands down!! They start the magic upon entrance! The restaurant is better, the hotel is better, service is better and it's a short bus ride. This place is an embarrassment to holiday inn chains!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Travelbug20121
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear Travelbug20121,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your comments about the conditions of our hotel has been documented and will certainly be looked into. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 November 2012

The hotel was 5 - 10 minutes from Disneyland. You first need to take the public transit bus or a cab going to some places. The hotel has one restaurant but there's no nearby restaurants. And those are the downside of this hotel. The staffs are knowledgeable, helpful, kind and friendly. The room and bathroom were clean and spacious. They have free Wi-Fi and complimentary breakfast. Overall our experience was good. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dan0922

Dear Dan0922,

I would like to thank you for staying with us while in Anaheim. Its a great feeling to know that we provided great hospitality! Your feedback about our Hotel was very satisfying and it is AWESOME to know you will come stay with us again. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

From all of us at Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort

Reviewed 27 November 2012

The room was a big one. very specious. I was very dissapointed of the housekeepin. They didn't have daily housekeeping. I had to request to get someone to clean our bathroom, replace towels etc. It seemed like they were always short staff. We stayed 4 nights during our disneyland trip shuttle was very conveniet. overall didn't worth the money we paid.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank anjula75
Holiday_InnLAXSM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Dear Anjula75,

Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your visit. I will be discussing these concerns with the Housekeeping Department to ensure all linens are in the room upon check-in and detailed cleaning is done!

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 27 November 2012

When I booked this reservation I called to ask about proximity to Disney. I was told it was "across the street" and "easy walking distance to Disney." NOT! it is close to I-5, requires using the ART public transit bus $5.00 per day per adult, $3.00 per child. The bus runs every 30-35 minutes and often filled up before all the hotel passengers were on. They had to wait for the next bus. I was so disappointed, having expected I could walk easily.

During November the weather is foggy in the morning, very warm in the afternoon, and very "cool" in the evening(I'm from CA so I would call it cold in the evening, but since other travelers were swimming in the pool at 10 p.m. I learned I am obviously more sensitive to cold than most). Not being able to get back to the hotel easily you have to dress prepared for all weather. Wear layers. Bring a change of clothes if going on water rides, and rent a locker for $7.00 near the entrance to Disneyland or CA Adventure Park. Some of the lockers have cell phone charger capabilities.

Okay, "free breakfast" not really free. There is a large hot breakfast buffet when you are seated . The server will offer you coffee or a beverage. If you have the blue square ticket READ IT. I did not. I sat, ordered coffee, and got up and went to the buffet. The waiter had me sign my blue ticket with room number. Brought me a receipt with a tip line (I tipped) Server never said a thing. Then on my final hotel bill there was a charge for $20.00. The next day I read my blue square ticket and learnd it is only good for two menu items, a small OJ, and tip is INCLUDED. Again after dining you fill out your blue ticket, a receipt is brought with a blank tip line and even if you write "included" on that line a charge for the gratuity appears on your final hotel bill.
The choices are eggs, sausage or bacon, toast and potatoes or pancakes, sausage or bacon. The sausage was very bad. Almost as if they had taken the left over sausage from the day before's buffet then reheated them on the griddle until they were shoe leather. The restaurant is privatey owned from the Holiday Inn so even though the charges are on the hotel bill the front desk cannot help you with a restaurant overcharge. They were too busy to speak to me and we had to leave. I was told that they would contact me. I have been home for three days now...no word.

The elevator and halls were very clean. If you need to use a microwave you have to travel downstairs to the ground floor and use the one in the gift store. This hotel has nine floors I believe, so not very convenient. There is a fridge and small coffee maker. Bring BOTTLED WATER if you want coffee or just a drink of water. The tap water is nasty bad.
The rooms are narrow. Ours had two double beds. If the bathroom door is left open it is difficult to open the front door to the room. Beds were comfy, yet squeaky when just getting in and out of bed. TV remote had issues with the batteries, and both telephones had red flashing lights that you couldn't turn off, most of the phone buttons were not working well so calling the front desk was problematic. Heater is very loud and blows cold air over the bed closest to it until it warms up. You have to crawl onto the other bed to access the thermostat on the opposite wall.

Overall this hotel was reasonably priced for a room and hot breakfast in Anaheim, but being so far from Disneyland was a definite drawback, as were the restaurant hassles. There is a big pool shaped like Mickey Mouse and a small hot tub that we did not use. And you can see the fireworks from the upper floor rooms at night.

Average rating is what was earned.

Room Tip: Higher floor for better Disney fireworks viewing.