“Thanks to the GM and Ms. Andrea at the reception”

Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area
Ranked #43 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Egypt
“Thanks to the GM and Ms. Andrea at the reception”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best Holiday inn.

Rooms are clean and people are really amazing

The general manager of this hotel is one of a kind, she is greeting people and so friendly offering help to every one

It is better than many 5 stars hotel

All services and amenities are amazing

Room is spacious and very clean

Andrea at the reception is really so helpful

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank rmany

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We booked this stay for our vacation to Disneyland and after traveling almost 6 hours with kids we were just ready to relax. We got checked into our family suite and all was good right.....guess again. We got up to the rooms and found that only one was cleaned of the two room suite :( Called down to the front desk and the manager apologized and said that he would get us a new room right away and said to hang by the phone and he would call back about 5 mins later there was a knock on the door and he was there in person to deliver the ne room keys that he personally inspected.....WOW FACTOR!!!!!! That was awesome but the service didn't stop there he also gave us a $20 comp for the restaurant downstairs :) The bus downstairs to take you to Disneyland was convenient 20min wait time but fast trip to Disneyland :) So now we get to the day we are going to check out and we decide to order from the restaurant, the comp said that I can use for ordering and that should include room service since that's where they offer it from. I called down to order and to let them know the manager gave us the comp and the girl working the phone had no idea which coupon I had & didn't know what I was talking about and said she had to talk to a manager. She said that she or her manager would call back.......tick.....tock.....tick.....tock.....20mins later finally got a call from "the manager" said the same thing the girl had said and said if I wanted to use the coupon I had to come in. I got downstairs and no one was working the front end to seat anyone or take to go orders. I had to wait another 5-7mins to get acknowledged then I had the coupon out just like to sign suggested and she still ignored the coupon :( then she said she couldn't make what I was requesting. I got very frustrated I finally gave up and told her this is what I want here is some money take it up to my room please. The food finally makes it up and they forgot several items and charged me way more that what was quoted :( I called down to the front desk to let them know the poor service I received and was told there are no manager working on Sunday but that their lead person would call back. about 20mins later the Supervisor came up in person handed me back all the money I had spent on our breakfast apologized and said to explain everything we went thru on this visit the nextime we stay and they would take care of us then. Hotel was awesome very comfortable, as far as I'm concerned the restaurant sucks!!!!!!

Room Tip: Loved the suite 903 & 904 very quiet, comfy, not too much sun
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Manitzie
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed a week while working in La Palma. Decent location, other than that you can only enter from one side of the road so we always had to take a roundabout way through some neighborhoods to get to the parking lot. We had vouchers for breakfast and they let us get any meal we wanted along with coffee and everything was very good. The front desk attendants were also very helpful with any questions we had.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Port Alberni, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Very close to Disney with shuttle service. Front desk staff were great (but LOSE the time share sales pressure or you WILL lose guests!). The value in the restaurant was great but above all, the restaurant staff deserve full stars! Super friendly, attentive and thoughtful.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank samantha b
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A hotel starts sucking pretty bad when their own staff are trying to sell you timeshares or investment properties or whatever when you go to ask the concierge a question!
We just booked this for one night as we were passing through Anaheim and were going to the baseball (Angel stadium is about 1km away).
Rooms are standard "motel" style, heaps of free parking is nice, but don't hold me up in the lobby wasting my holiday time trying to sell me stuff.
Lame.
Its out in the middle of nowhere as well - Heaps of better options in Anaheim (Hotel Menage was great)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear 2Adam2,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We truly regret to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Manitoba
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It's a 5 min walk to Downtown Disney.Staff at the hotel was excellent,there is a full buffet for breakfast with everything from cereal to bacon & eggs. The hotel is clean and we will book here if we come to Disney again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank BO34
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very clean. The staff was pleasant. We had an electrical outlet problem and a service tech came within 10 minutes. The shuttle bus stop to Disneyland was on the premises making it easy to get to Disneyland. Overall a good experience and would return if I'm ever in that area again.

• Stayed April 2014