Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Peacock Suites(Anaheim)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsthe holiday inntwo bedroom suitewaffleslight housekeepingfull kitchenfree breakfaststove topkitchen areaown bathroomfree parkingcottage cheesefront desk staffart shuttlesocial hourminute driveright next doorhot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2011

This hotel was listed as 4star - and experience of other Intercontinental hotels encouraged us to book this hotel - how disappointing - reception was staffed by one poor overworked woman who was checking people in, answering the phone, dealing with customers and serving in the shop - quite a feat for one solitary person!! The room was adequate although we had to request pillows for the put-up bed and had to remake the bed every day. The rooms were serviced minimally every day (called 'Light Touch'!) - and linen changed every seven days - the internal corridors were not hoovered during our stay - as for the breakfast - the same food every morning - served on plastic plates with plastic cutlery and plastic cups - not really four star. The location was nowhere near alternative restaurants so we had to make do with the poor quality Holiday Inn next door.

Room Tip: To avoid the institutional food, hire a car.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at Staybridge in March this resort is definetly for families of all ages. The rooms were clean and comfortable,the girls on the front desk were very helpful and friendly. It wa located a short shuttle trip to Disneyland.I will be recommending this resort to all my friends it was value for money and the overall feel of this place is Family Orientated.

Reviewed 14 April 2011

Staybridge is one of my favourite hotel brands in US. The room sizes with full kitchen is perfect for families and everything is very clean and comfortable. The staff is always helpful and happy to serve you and the buffet breakfast, always included in the price, is wonderful and with plenty of options. They also offer free snacks and drinks during happy hours on some weekdays. The pool is very nice, although I didn´t go in, and they even offer free wireless internet on the rooms and 2 desktops just in front of the check-in counter.
I recommend and would stay here again happily. I couldn´t be more pleased!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Wazari09
Reviewed 30 March 2011

My family and I just returned from a 1 week stay at the Staybridge Suites. (kids ages 10, 13, 15) I am a travel agent and tend to do quite a bit of research before deciding on hotels. I read all the reviews on Trip Advisor and even though they were mixed decided to book Staybridge. The main factor in my decision was the excellent set up the 2 bedroom suites have for my families needs. I knew I was booking a 3 star and didn't have high expectations. When you are in Disneyland, you spend very little time in your room except to sleep so having 2 bedrooms was the most important factor for us. The suite had 1 king bed with separate bathroom and the other bedroom had 2 double beds and bathroom, family room with pullout , kitchen with full size fridge, dishwasher, sink, microwave, table with four chairs. TV's in each room was nice. The room was clean, beds were comfortable, lots of towels replenished each day and our room was quiet, facing the pool/courtyard. We rented a van so we didn't need the transfer service to Disneyland although I used the public transfer 1 day with my son and it was easy and convenient to use, pick up was right beside the hotel and you can buy your passes at the front desk of Staybridge. My only complaint of this property would be the breakfast and breakfast staff. The hours for breakfast are rigid with no flexibility if you arrive a minute late before it closes and the staff are very unwilling to bend on this. The food was horrible. I don't say this lightly as my family is very easy to please but honestly besides cereal and milk, toast it was difficult to find anything else that was edible. The waffle maker is a great option but after 2 days of waffles my kids were begging for some other options. I'm not sure how you can go wrong with scrambled eggs but I'm pretty sure the eggs were made out of a powdered substance as they tasted like cardboard. The boiled eggs smelled rotten and the bacon is also a strange fake substance that I'm pretty sure isn't real meat. The only fruit served are canned peaches, every single day and 1 type of yoghurt that is loaded with sugar. They do have oatmeal which was fine and the coffee cake was actually pretty good but I have to say that if you stay here for more than a couple days don't book this hotel because of the free breakfast, it's just not worth it. Staybridge has thrown in the cheapest "hot"breakfast they can find and you can tell. It's also very difficult to get your food in the tiny area they have provided and you are constantly bumping into people and waiting for long periods of time to get your food or make waffles. It was a HUGE disappointment. Other than the breakfast and sometimes rude staff that works at breakfast and managers reception (what a joke!) the hotel met our needs for accommodations. We were pleased with the location even though it was a 10 minute drive to Disneyland. Again, if you are considering this hotel just be aware of the low quality breakfast and if you are happy with cereal every day then you will be fine. The elevators are extremely slow so just be prepared to do stairs unless you have lots of patience. It was very full when we were there as it was spring break for Canada.

Room Tip: ask for rooms facing the courtyard, high floor
2  Thank AmberAbbotsford
Reviewed 28 March 2011

You will love this hotel! Our party consisted of two adults, three teenagers, one toddler. We had plenty of room. The room itself had fridge, stove top, dishwasher (so convenient) two bathrooms....man, we were in heaven! Free breakfast buffet every morning (eggs, sausage or bacon, waffles, toast, cereal, muffins.....)was great and sure appreciated as it saved us a ton of money. In the evenings there was free snacks, beer, wine, sodas, hotdogs, bbq, nachos! The laundry facility had free washer and dryer service. Pool stayed open til 11:00p.m.! The front desk staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. We all enjoyed our stay here and will definitely be back.

2  Thank dusenbery07