“Good family value.”

Ranked #33 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Puget Sound, WA
“Good family value.”
Reviewed 28 February 2009

If you're looking for a good solid family hotel, a bit away from the hustle and bustle, but still close enough to see the fireworks, this is a good hotel. Nice big pool, friendly staff, kitchens in the rooms, and a good "budget hotel' breakfast.

You'll need to drive to Disneyland or sign up for the low cost shuttle. Make sure you go to a larger supermarket before you get there, if your cooking, as there are no close by markets. The nearest one is quite scary, with no real food, quite dirty, and mostly empty with a beer focus.

Ask for a high room on the side away from the freeway, with a view of the fireworks.

We would stay again. Good value if you book ahead, and prepay.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Cruizinquick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Indonesian first
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 22 February 2009

I searched for the best priced hotel near Disneyland that had a shuttle and a separate room for my two kids so everyone could get a good night sleep. We found an amazing deal for a one bedroom suite at $115 a night, which included a breakfast buffet with everything you can think of, even make your own waffles!

The staff was very helpful and even called Disneyland for me to check about rollercoaster closures and firework cancellations due to rain. The Holiday Inn next door is where you pick up the shuttle for Disneyland costing $3 per adult and $1 per kid (includes the ride back). We, however, ran into a limo driver while we were waiting for the shuttle who offered to drive us there for $10 so we gave our kids a special treat. The bed was comfortable - although my daughter complained a little about the pull out sofa bed. There are scuff marks here and there, some light bulbs and elevator buttons were burnt out and the interior of the elevator doors are really banged up but all in all it seemed like a clean place. My husband took the kids to the pool which was thankfully opened until 11pm as we stayed at Disneyland until almost 10. There was also a gym which I had planned to go to but never did... Free wi-fi made getting some work done very easy as well. AND there was free parking! It sounds petty but a lot of the nearby hotels charge for all this stuff. Apparently, the regular price of the room is $265 per night. Not sure if it's worth that - but at $120 or less per night, with all those features and to be near Disneyland, it's definitely worth the money.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 1 January 2009

Showed up on a Wednesday and told they were having free beer and wine with thier free BBQ dinner. Also, the room was pretty good. I don't generally write reviews, but they deserve it. I think this is my new hotel of choice in the Anaheim (disneyland) area.
* Great central air unit (you choose the temp instant change)
* Large Bathroom
* Kitchen was so handy for preparing bottles for our baby
* Apartment feel (Seperate bedroom and living room w/ TV's)
* Pool and Jacuzzi's
* 24 hour snack shop (kinda expensive)
* games for kids at the check in desk (connect 4, monopoly, etc)
That should sum it up.
Have a fun trip.

• Liked — Family Friendly
  • Disliked — Distance from Disneyland
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank viopuma
Chula Vista, California
Reviewed 21 December 2008

I reserved our hotel room at the Staybridge Suites via the hotel chain's (800) number as I was redeeming some Priority Club points for one of the days of our stay. Without any prompting, the person taking my reservation suggested that I ask for an upgraded room on checking in. We were going to be there for two nights while visiting Disneyland. On the afternoon of the first day, I left the family at Disneyland to check in early enough to see if I could get an upgraded room. Sure enough, the staff found me a one-bedroom suite to substitute for our Queen studio suite (at the same rate). When I called for extra blankets, towels, and sheets, they arrive within 10 minutes. The room itself was well appointed with a Queen bed, a Queen sofa/sleeper, a full kitchen, a full-sized refrigerator, a microwave over, and two TVs. The staff was friendly, courteous, and responsive. The hotel itself, while not walking distance to Disneyland, is a very short drive (less than 10 minutes). I had brought my laptop computer along and found the wireless Internet access very handy. The hot breakfast is nothing fancy but has a wide enough selection to make me and my family happy (certainly you can go outside the hotel to get a "fancier" breakfast but why bother?). Overall, one of our best stays in the Anaheim area (outside of the Disney Resort hotels, which are every expensive!).

• Liked — Location, value for money
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank Bob_M_ChulaVistaCA
United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2008

Just returned from our trip in which we spent 8 nights at the Staybridge Suites. The staff are friendly and accommodating through the check procedure and we used room service once which was quick and efficient.

There were 4 of us, two young children, my wife and me. The room was a good size and we found it fine for what we wanted.

The hotel is a quick drive into Disney but you are certainly not walking there.

The breakfasts provided where great, although unless the hotel is really quiet getting a table is problem. There seem ratio of 1 seat to 4 guests so be prepared to push and shove to get seated, don’t be polite or you’ll stand there all day!

If you have a problem you are on your own. When I checked it I made sure that the person checking me knew I wanted to use traveller’s cheques to settle the bill. (I got them before the $ crashed again the £) When I came to check out we found that my card had automatically been charged $1,000 a few days earlier. When queried with the desk they shrugged their shoulders with a “Oh well, it is company policy”. I lost about $200 based on exchange rates so asked the Manager to call me as they do not have one on duty at the weekends. Still waiting for that call.

In summary the hotel is OK so long as you don’t have any issues. If you do have a problem doesn’t expect much and you will be happy when you leave.

• Liked — Seperate Bedroom and Kitchen
  • Disliked — Could not care less attitude if there is a problem
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Abi_and_Katies_Dad
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 October 2008

I booked our trip to Disneyland through the disneyland.com website (thus its own travel agency). It was implied that this hotel was close to the resort (it is not). Similar to a Residence In,, the Staybridge hotel is not quite as upscale. The room is self-sufficient enough (medium-sized fridge), a two-burner electric stove, a dishwasher and microwave.

The breakfast is okay - but after 2 days of the same institutional food (probably Sysco) I started to reminisce about college.

The very nice aspect of this hotel is the free laundry (detergent is $1 for a load) - which has industrial dryers (awesome).

This hotel is as close as you can get to Interstate 5 - so the hum of the highway is constant white-noise. Unfortunately by morning rush-hour, this becomes quite annoying.

When we first got into our room, there was a very weird, musty cleaning solution smell. But after a day, we got used to it (is this a good thing?)

The hotel is not near Disneyland (not within walking distance at all). We took the Anaheim Regional Transit (ART) which was pretty convenient. It started/ended at the next door Holiday Inn and delivers/picks you up, very close to the front door of Disney. It comes every 20 minutes during the peak periods (morning and late night, after 7pm)

• Liked — free laundry/dryer
  • Disliked — location, noise
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank induway
California
Reviewed 21 October 2008

Best place to stay for families! We stay here every year the week between Christmas and New Year. It is myself, my partner and our four children, ranging now from 11 to 14. There is always plenty of room and lots of space to put clothes, we pack ALOT!
We always get the 2bdrm, 2bath suite and have stayed there with my in laws as well... making it 8 people! It was perfect size, we were never under each others feet.
There are a lot of amenities, breakfast, evening snacks, and if you like to cook on vacation, there is full kitchen in the room.
the art bus to Disneyland is a bit tedious at times, but after staying at the hotels withing walking distance a few times, the staybridge is worth the extra 10 minutes to the park.
Rooms have always been clean, quiete, any problems that have arised were tended to fast and efficiently, and the staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Liked — All of the space, and cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family