“Hotel OK- Transit Sucks 2/21-2/28”

Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Ranked #42 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 2 March 2009

We came and stayed for a week. It started out fine with very few people at the beginning of the week, but there was a Cheerleader competition over the last weeked so it got crazy busy during the breakfast buffet with no place to sit and the food staff not being able to keep up. Overall the hotel worked out just fine though and would recommend it.
The catch... The Anahiem transit was a whole other story though.
Again, at the beginning of the week it was OK and we caught the bus within 1/2 hr each time. Starting Wednesday though, some groups had arrived for the competition and at the end of the day they were trying to get on the same bus as everyone with small children. There was not enough room by half so many had to wait 1/2 hour for the next run. Note to those who bring groups and take the transit to and from the hotel: At least let the families go first so we can get our kids to bed. It turns out we could have taken a taxi for the five of us for cheaper than the passes we bought for the week. Oh well, next time we will know.

Reviewed 1 March 2009

We have stayed at this hotel several time, and this may be our last. We stayed in a two bedroom suite and that worked out great. We were there with my parents, my two kids and my husband and myself. It was very nice having a full kitchen so we could make our lunches to take to Disneyland. One night we even made dinner in the room. That saved us a bundle not having to eat at the park for all of our meals.

Before we left to go on our trip, I noticed that the price of our room went down by almost $50 a night. When I contacted the hotel, the did not want to do a price adjustment. After several calls to them (because they never called me back), they finally said they would give me 1/2 of the difference. I thought that was fine, but they were not very nice about it.

The breakfast at the hotel was great for us. They had eggs, bacon or sausage, make your own waffles, cereal and milk, hot oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, bagels, cottage cheese, and assorted breads. Juice, coffee, hot chocolate and soda were there for drinks. It was plenty of food and lots of choices.

We did not have time to use the pool or the fitness room, so I can not comment on those things,

We did use the shuttle to get to the park, but they do not come on any kind of schedule. We usually had to wait at least 20 minutes both to go to Disneyland and to go back to the hotel. The drivers are not very nice or helpful, but that is not the hotels fault. That is just for your info.

The thermostat in our room was not working and it took maintenance two tries to fix it. The second time they came, they replaced the thermostat. That did not fix the problem. Our room was very hot!!!!!!

When we returned home, I thought we had left something in the room, so I called the hotel to see if they had found it. I was transfered to the housekeeping manager and left a message for them to call me back. Five days later, I am still waiting for a call back.

It was really nice to have the wireless internet in the room. We were able to get lots done from the room and we were able to find great restaurants in the area.

We did have a wonderful vacation and the problems at this hotel are not to major, but next time I think I will stay somewhere closer to the park and hopefully somewhere that will have better customer service.

3  Thank stressedoutUtah
Reviewed 28 February 2009

If you're looking for a good solid family hotel, a bit away from the hustle and bustle, but still close enough to see the fireworks, this is a good hotel. Nice big pool, friendly staff, kitchens in the rooms, and a good "budget hotel' breakfast.

You'll need to drive to Disneyland or sign up for the low cost shuttle. Make sure you go to a larger supermarket before you get there, if your cooking, as there are no close by markets. The nearest one is quite scary, with no real food, quite dirty, and mostly empty with a beer focus.

Ask for a high room on the side away from the freeway, with a view of the fireworks.

We would stay again. Good value if you book ahead, and prepay.

1  Thank Cruizinquick
Reviewed 22 February 2009

I searched for the best priced hotel near Disneyland that had a shuttle and a separate room for my two kids so everyone could get a good night sleep. We found an amazing deal for a one bedroom suite at $115 a night, which included a breakfast buffet with everything you can think of, even make your own waffles!

The staff was very helpful and even called Disneyland for me to check about rollercoaster closures and firework cancellations due to rain. The Holiday Inn next door is where you pick up the shuttle for Disneyland costing $3 per adult and $1 per kid (includes the ride back). We, however, ran into a limo driver while we were waiting for the shuttle who offered to drive us there for $10 so we gave our kids a special treat. The bed was comfortable - although my daughter complained a little about the pull out sofa bed. There are scuff marks here and there, some light bulbs and elevator buttons were burnt out and the interior of the elevator doors are really banged up but all in all it seemed like a clean place. My husband took the kids to the pool which was thankfully opened until 11pm as we stayed at Disneyland until almost 10. There was also a gym which I had planned to go to but never did... Free wi-fi made getting some work done very easy as well. AND there was free parking! It sounds petty but a lot of the nearby hotels charge for all this stuff. Apparently, the regular price of the room is $265 per night. Not sure if it's worth that - but at $120 or less per night, with all those features and to be near Disneyland, it's definitely worth the money.

Reviewed 1 January 2009

Showed up on a Wednesday and told they were having free beer and wine with thier free BBQ dinner. Also, the room was pretty good. I don't generally write reviews, but they deserve it. I think this is my new hotel of choice in the Anaheim (disneyland) area.
* Great central air unit (you choose the temp instant change)
* Large Bathroom
* Kitchen was so handy for preparing bottles for our baby
* Apartment feel (Seperate bedroom and living room w/ TV's)
* Pool and Jacuzzi's
* 24 hour snack shop (kinda expensive)
* games for kids at the check in desk (connect 4, monopoly, etc)
That should sum it up.
Have a fun trip.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank viopuma
Reviewed 21 December 2008

I reserved our hotel room at the Staybridge Suites via the hotel chain's (800) number as I was redeeming some Priority Club points for one of the days of our stay. Without any prompting, the person taking my reservation suggested that I ask for an upgraded room on checking in. We were going to be there for two nights while visiting Disneyland. On the afternoon of the first day, I left the family at Disneyland to check in early enough to see if I could get an upgraded room. Sure enough, the staff found me a one-bedroom suite to substitute for our Queen studio suite (at the same rate). When I called for extra blankets, towels, and sheets, they arrive within 10 minutes. The room itself was well appointed with a Queen bed, a Queen sofa/sleeper, a full kitchen, a full-sized refrigerator, a microwave over, and two TVs. The staff was friendly, courteous, and responsive. The hotel itself, while not walking distance to Disneyland, is a very short drive (less than 10 minutes). I had brought my laptop computer along and found the wireless Internet access very handy. The hot breakfast is nothing fancy but has a wide enough selection to make me and my family happy (certainly you can go outside the hotel to get a "fancier" breakfast but why bother?). Overall, one of our best stays in the Anaheim area (outside of the Disney Resort hotels, which are every expensive!).

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank Bob_M_ChulaVistaCA
Reviewed 4 November 2008

Just returned from our trip in which we spent 8 nights at the Staybridge Suites. The staff are friendly and accommodating through the check procedure and we used room service once which was quick and efficient.

There were 4 of us, two young children, my wife and me. The room was a good size and we found it fine for what we wanted.

The hotel is a quick drive into Disney but you are certainly not walking there.

The breakfasts provided where great, although unless the hotel is really quiet getting a table is problem. There seem ratio of 1 seat to 4 guests so be prepared to push and shove to get seated, don’t be polite or you’ll stand there all day!

If you have a problem you are on your own. When I checked it I made sure that the person checking me knew I wanted to use traveller’s cheques to settle the bill. (I got them before the $ crashed again the £) When I came to check out we found that my card had automatically been charged $1,000 a few days earlier. When queried with the desk they shrugged their shoulders with a “Oh well, it is company policy”. I lost about $200 based on exchange rates so asked the Manager to call me as they do not have one on duty at the weekends. Still waiting for that call.

In summary the hotel is OK so long as you don’t have any issues. If you do have a problem doesn’t expect much and you will be happy when you leave.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family