“Fourth Stay - Always Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ranked #6 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersGold level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Fourth Stay - Always Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

I attend a trade show (NAMM) each January at the Anaheim Convention Center, and this is my fourth stay at the Ayers Hotel in Anaheim. The rooms and service are exceptional. Although it's a 2.5 mile bus ride from the Convention Center, I prefer this location because it's much quieter than the hustle and bustle of NAMM at hotels closer to the Convention Center.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MWStone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

Its all a bit cheesy fake and twee and would fit well in Vegas but a good location for Disneyland and pretty good acomodation
They helped us out with an early check in which was appreciated
Good value clean rooms with good facilities to be fair.
Breakfast was ok but "HUH ....HUH " when the omlette "chef" can't fathom your accent grates a bit . So for fun on day 3 I asked him for the legendary and totally imaginary "asylum thwagan"

• 1 of 5 bubbles
San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2011

This hotel has great breakfasts with variation on main dishes each day. All the cook were friendly. The front desk is a different story depends on whom you deal with at what time. Most of them have this blank look on their faces but some of them are very friendly when you deal with them. The room design is great. The vanity is separate from the shower/toilet area. The room size is better than most of other hotels, including the name brands, and the beds are rather comfortable. I would go back to this hotel if the front desk attitude is more consistent. The unfriendly ones we encountered really made us feel unwelcome.

• Stayed December 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AyresMgr, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, 20 January 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and give some frank feedback. I am concerned that your experience at the front desk was disappointing. I have discussed it with my front desk staff and I am in the process of writing some training material that directly addresses inconsistency in service delivery. I do hope that you will return to find that we have taken your comments seriously and find only friendly faces at the front desk.

With best wishes,

Marcus Collins
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2011

I'm always nervous about booking hotels online and I wasn't dissapointed with the Ayres. My family and I stayed here from Dec.24-27 when we took our girls to Disneyland for Xmas. The hotel is great, breakfast was awesome and the front desk staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. We didn't experience any of the rudeness another reviewer commented on. Kathleen was great. She offered to call the restaraunt that we were dining at on Xmas Eve and got us put on the priority seating list. It was great not having to wait in line with the probably 40 other people waiting in the restaraunt when we got there. We bought all of our tickets for Disneyland and the ART at the front desk, which was really convenient.
The hotel sent a satisfaction survey about 2 days after our stay and when I filled it out I answered a question for something we had an extemely minor complaint about and the hotel manager actually called me at home to get more info on the problem. As I wasn't home at the time, he emailed me the questions he had because he didn't want me to have to call back long distance to sort it out. He offered his apologies and a deep discount the next time we stay with them. Not bad for something that really wasn't a problem for us and only mentioned because of the survey. Customer satisfaction is definately a high priority for them. I would highly recommend this hotel to any of our friends travelling in the area.

St. Albert, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

I had a good feel for this hotel from my very first contact. I was in contact with this hotel via email. They were extremely professional and prompt. So after comparing with many others in the area, we booked with confidence with Ayers Anaheim. Am I ever glad we did. Often when I go to a hotel, the lobby is really nice, but then the rooms really don't match. It is almost like now that we have your money, we will just shove you into this closet and you have no choice but to stay there.
The rooms look very high end. I have stayed in very high priced hotels and this is up there with the nicest decors of them. I always miss my bed when I go on vacation. This time I didn't! The beds are very comfortable. Even the chair at the desk is comfortable!
Our 3 girls used the pool while my wife and I sat in the hot tub a few nights. Both were immaculate.

Very good fitness room for a hotel.

For this breakfast to be included is astounding to me. The breakfast has eggs, bacon/sausages (alternating days), pancakes (sometimes french toast) , hashbrowns, bagels, sliced bread, yogurt, fruit, muffins, coffee, hot chocolate, orange juice, apple juice, milk, water... I'm not done... comfy chairs!! Come on! Comfy chairs!? That is unprecedented!! Oh and every other included breakfast I have been to is crowded and difficult to navigate due to lack of space. Not here. The room is huge and there is always at least 1/2 of the tables free so you are not sitting with strangers like I have many times at other hotels.
The best part about the breakfast is not the food though. It is Jose! He is the cook. Now the other workers there are great, but Jose is a super guy and does a great job. He is friendly with the kids and with the adults as well. He shows a sincere interest in people that is rare in the service industry these days. It may seem small but he made a little Mickey Mouse shaped pancake for my daughter this morning. This delighted the whole family.

FREE cocktail and snack hour Mon to Thursday.
Cookies in the evening if you or the kids need a snack. They literally told me to take as many as we like a few times.

Distance to Disneyland very short drive or take the shuttle. We were in room 424 and could clearly see the Disneyland fireworks every single night at 8:40 pm. Too cool!

Can we borrow some utensils to eat food we brought from the grocery store? Sure
Can we borrow a plate to put our olive oil and vinegar in for our bread? Sure
Can we get change for the laundry machine on our floor? Sure (worked awesome by the way)

I don't know what else to say other than we live for our family vacations and have stayed at many hotels; this is the best value we have ever had at a hotel.

If you want to take this part of the risk out of your vacation, book this hotel right now.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank thriftyis
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

We stayed at the Ayres on a recent trip to Disneyland. I was nervous about the rest of my family liking it as they put me in charge of the hotel. We all really enjoyed our stay there. Our rooms were adjoining which was great as my parents and our little one stayed together and my husband and I were in the next room. It worked out well as we could hang out in one room while our son slept. The rooms were nicely decorated and had a sink, microwave and fridge with some storage under the sink. They had a couch with a coffee table, a desk and a small table with two chairs. The beds were comfy and I liked the duvet.
The trip to Disney by car was about 15 minutes and by taxi it was about $15 dollars. We took the ART back one night and it seemed to be okay although had alot of stops.
Breakfast was awesome! We couldn't believe it was free as it was a real breakfast not just fruit and muffins. The chef (can't remember his name) was a great guy, very personable. There is a happy hour in the lobby that is nice. We had drinks if our room but it is nice to just get out and hang out somewhere else for a short time.
Everyone at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, oops I already said that, but we really did!

1 Thank travgal77
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

I choose this hotel because of the good reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel is close to Disneyland. We had 2 adults and 2 small kids . We stayed there for 3 nights in Dec 2010.

The hotel is quite nice, decor is good, and the overall room, furniture was all very good.
The location was also very good as we had our own car and were only 10 minutes away from Disneyland.

RONT DESK Staff was okay.But !!!!!!!!!!!!! Impoliteness of managers....MAKES THIS HOTEL a 2 strar..

• 3 of 5 bubbles
AyresMgr, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, 7 January 2011
I was terribly disappointed to read your review and hear of your experience. I am afraid you must have found us at our worst. The gentleman you spoke with was not a manager and did not intend to offend you in any way. I am so sorry that he came across that way. I am sorry that you experienced a generally unhappy atmosphere and I am afraid that I can not put a finger on anything in particular. We are fortunate here to work in a very busy hotel, which also receives very positive feedback. I have not received similar feedback about unhappy staff in the past and I am concerned that you observed that. I have sent an email of apology to you as well as some questions regarding your experience. I look forward to hearing from you.

Marcus Collins