“Words cannot discribe the stench and filth in this place”

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center
Ranked #83 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 22 April 2012

1st mistake-checking in and not inspecting the room
2nd mistake-stepping out on the 4th floor
3rd mistake-not asking for a refund and walking out

This was the worst, worst hotel room that I have ever stayed in, the room was filthy! They must have just evicted their long term customer for the night and let us pay to stay in his/her room. We requested a non-smoking room, well the whole 4th floor reeked, lets just say Vegas casino's smell better, the staff surly knows this. ROOM 402-Immediately opened up the windows (the sills were covered in cigarette ashes, torn screens and some black substance). Turned on the AC unit (previous occupant must have thought this was the trash can) it had dried up orange peels, cigarette butts and other black objects in it . Carpet had not been vacuumed in who knows how long, went to get a drink of water and the cups were in plastic zip lock bags but had not been washed. The bathroom was the worst, it smelled like somebody or something had died in there while smoking, on top of the faucet it looked like tobacco, the same black substance that was on the window sill was on the tub. Just gross!

I could go on and on but you get my jest. I would never-never stay at an Extended Stay America again!

Room Tip: Don't do it unless your a smoker who lives in filth!
5  Thank A O
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Great staff, especially in the morning, nice little breakfas in the morningt, beautiful room and nice bed.

1  Thank Pete H

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations

Reviewed 18 April 2012

My husband and I are moving to Hawaii and made this place our "transition spot" after we'd sold our home, but before our move. We had planned to stay here for a few weeks at best, but my husband's consulting job contract was extended and we have been here for 5+ months! The staff here treats us like family and everything concern or need that I've asked them for has been complied with promptly. The entire hotel has been renovated so we have comfy new queen size bed, a new flat screen TV and so much more. The rooms are cleaned once a week for long term guests, but the hotel accomodates nightly stays as well. We have a full size refrigerator and a 2 burner stove and laundry facilities are on property too, so it's so convenient for us. We couldn't have picked a better place for our needs and with the great price per night, you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal! I highly recommend the hotel and all the employees who have served us with smiles each and every day. ALOHA

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jaljock
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Good basic accommodation, amiable staff. Improved bedding, new room decor add homier feel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank OnPerDiem

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Very good hotel, is good located and the service is very good, the workers always help you with any issue you have, and now on the morning you get a light breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Jfsicairos

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations

Reviewed 2 April 2012

They say they provide house cleaning services, but they don't....even after several requests. When we arrived, we found the dishes in the kitchen were filthy, the shower still had a ring around the tub with hair in it, dirty towels someone had obviously used to wipe their dirty hands on and the bed linens were all very well used and full of stains. Gross! Gross! Gross! Aside from the cleanliness, there was not one single cleansing item in the room...no bar soap, no shampoo/conditioner, and no dish soap to wash those filthy dishes!

Requested fresh towels, dish soap and toiletries...the front desk clerk very kindly said "you're gonna have to come down and get them because we don't have the ability to bring them to you."

Kids forgot their tooth brushes...front desk told me to go to 7-Eleven down the street to buy some.

Requested a blow dryer the night we arrived...was told they didn't have any available.

To top it all off, we were forced to stay the duration (4 days) as they do not offer refunds for early checkouts.

Room Tip: Bring your own cleaning supplies, towels, bed linens, blow dryers and toiletries!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

We know that we didn’t get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels overnight; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations

Reviewed 21 March 2012

My husband left his phone during his stay at their hotel in Anaheim this weekend. Aisa, the receptionist, personally spoke with the houskeeping staff to ensure that she had the phone in her possession, the moment we called. The manager, Jay, went out of his way - including personally going to UPS after his work tour to ensure that my husband could receive his phone the quickest route possible. We certainly appreciate his personal attention, his conscientious work ethic and great attitude while working with our situation. The hotel is conveniently located and offers clean/cozy rooms with kitchenettes, friendly staff and quiet environment. Staff are such an important part of a comfortable and enjoyable stay - that we needed to post how satisfied we were with our stay. Please pass our appreciation for a very well done job from a grateful family in Arizona!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family