Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center
Ranked #83 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 24 January 2013

The room was FILTHY. Only stayed 1 night because it was New Years Eve, and could not get another room that night. We have two young kids that had to sleep. After a trip to 7-11 for Lysol spray we let the kids lay on the bed to sleep (without the blankets). The floor was covered in pet hair. They said room had been clean just prior to us checking in (lol). We made them give half our money back.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank gottmo
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The pet hair you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my housekeeping team has been re-trained so that this type of issue should not happen again. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at acc@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

We recently visited the end of September 2012, I arrived at night and an older lady was there checking people in, it took 40 minutes to check us in!!! I got in the room and was happy with the room it was good for the price we were paying. We went to sleep and the room was noisy I could hear the others in their rooms but finally drifted off to sleep. I woke up the next morning and as soon as I stepped out of bed I was surrounded by water, the carpet was SOAKING wet (right next to the bathroom wall) I walked towards the bathroom and the hardwood floor in the kitchen and connecting to the bathroom had water everywhere. My family got up and ready to go to Disneyland and told the lady at the front desk and the manager I think he was came by to look at it they said they problem would be taken care of while we were gone to Disneyland. We returned late that night after the park closed to a flooded room again, I marched to the front desk and the same SLOW woman was there!!! She said oh they cleaned the water so there isn't anything I can do and never even offered to switch rooms. I awoke the next morning and just wanted to enjoy my birthday but our room was still SOAKED so I complained again and again they said they would fix the problem but never did! I was there a total of 3 nights and it was terrible, I was furious when checking out, they said they would give me a "discount" off for my trouble but since I paid with cash they couldn't give me anything they would send a check later on, I got some money back but felt at least a free night or something should have been given. It was terrible, I feel although that if we wouldn't have had the flooding experience our trip would have been ok, the breakfast was muffins and some fruit whats expected from a Continental. I wish my experience would have been better, I am going back out there in February and won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the first floor, you just hear footsteps all night.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The check in process you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening, my team has been re-trained so that this type of issue should not happen again. In regards to the flood unfortunately, due to unpreventable leak from a pipe in the attic caused this incident. A free night was given, partial cash was refunded and the rest of the refund by via check. I hope that you will contact me directly, at acc@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

Stayed here on our recent visit to Disneyland. We did not know much about extended stays and were a little skeptical but once we got there, we were immediately relieved.

When you first drive in, the outside of the building and parking lot are very well taken care of and there is plenty of parking around the entire building. We got the the room sometimes at 2AM and were still able to get parking close to the entry. Once we went to the front desk, Vern(I hope I spelled it right!) was there to help us out with a smile and some funny jokes. Not only did he try and get us a great room but he also was able to make sure we got a view of the Disney fireworks from our room(We were at Disney anyways but the thought of it was very nice).

We went up to our room and once we got inside, it was clean and comfortable. MY personal favorite part of the room is the kitchen area. There are SO many times when I bring left overs from my dinner and have no where to put them but with the full sized fridge I could store them and the reheat them in the microwave! I only stayed here a couple nights but this was so convenient. Also, the fact that they give you free wi-fi is great so I could use my iPad when I wanted :)

They seem to newly have renovated the rooms and building. Maybe it was always like that but the renovations seemed fresh/well kept.

Anyways, I hope to stay here again in the near future as it was a great experience. **Oh yeah and the price was unbeatable especially with how close it was to Disney!**

Thanks again and hope to stay here in the near future :)

Room Tip: Free grab and go breakfast from 6am-9am Bring shampoo!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bleh3489

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we would love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call me for your future stays here at 714-502-9988 or any other Extended Stay Hotels location.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

Staying for long time at this Hotel and the recent upgrade give us comfort .The new grab and go morning snacks and coffee is convenient when rushing .Unbeatable friendly staff- special mention to Sonia,Isa and jay(manager)- If any inconvenient arises they fix it fast.House keeping is good-special mention to Angel- .Great location,close restaurants,freeways and you can even walk to disneyland.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mauricio Y
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Reviewed 24 December 2012

My family of four just stayed six nights for the first time at an Extended Stay. I haved stayed all over Disneyland (including disneyland hotel) and for what we paid I was thrilled with the stay. If I was going away for a romantic get away I wouldn't have stayed here but while playing hard at Disney for the day and night it was just right for the coming back to for a good nights rest. The full size fridges were a bonus. The staff was most helpfully and tried hard to ensure we were happy. It was obvious that they run a lean ship with just one person on duty at the front desk so we would get our shuttle transfers (or any other needed room items)at night when it was quite.
The $5 shuttle ($3for kids) I recommend as its fairly direct and you can use it all day for the one price.
Free wifi in rooms and basic morning grub was unexpected but greatly appreciated. There is a 7-11 store within 3 mins walking distance and the Cheescake Factory is across the street! You don't need a car!!!!!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Steve C
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your kind words. It's great to hear that you were thrilled with your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Oh my gosh new beds and food/coffee. The customer service from the front desk, I think her name was Isa, she got us all set up for Disney. Jay was great too, little noisy in the first room and he moved us without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Dismantle
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Reviewed 27 November 2012

My daughter competed in the National American Miss pageant held at the Marriot Hotel a block away from this hotel. We had the pleasure of seeing the rooms at the Marriot and may I say I felt our room was 10 times better and less expensive. We were treated with smiles and pleasant nature of staff. the rooms were oversized which may i say when you are dealing with a beauty queen is a blessing. it was clean, convienent to both the pageant and Disney. walking distance from both as well as downtoiwn Disney and great eating. We are planning our next trip to Disney and WILL be staying there again. Thank you to Jay and his amazing staff.

Room Tip: The double double bed rooms were larg enough to add air mattress or cots too and easily slept 6 peop...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kellyanne l
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

We would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we would love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call me for your future stays here at 714-502-9988 or any other Extended Stay Hotels location.