“Quiet, convenient location.”

Ranked #84 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Tustin, California
“Quiet, convenient location.”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

This ESA hotel is tucked away on a quiet, convenient street next to the hub of Katella Ave and Harbor Blvd. (Heading west on Katella from the 5 freeway, you take a right on S. Clementine - the second street after S. Anaheim Blvd., one block before Harbor). This location bypasses the parking stress of the hotels on Harbor Blvd., which is often paid parking. Here, the parking is effortless and free, and you don't have to put one of those tacky parking passes on your dash.

Fast, friendly staff for check-in. Thank you.

Facing west we could watch the Disneyland fireworks from our room (yay!). It was quiet at night, so we slept well.

You are right next to Anaheim Gardenwalk, with its many good restaurants including Cheesecake Factory (great happy hour), Bubba Gumps, P.F. Changs, Johnny Rockets, Roy's Hawaiian, and Fire & Ice Grill (high-end all you can eat, great bloody Mary's). The movie theatre here is excellent, though $14.95 or so (some theatres serve alcohol). The theatre is never crowded and you select your own seats on a screen when you pay. Saw Die Hard 58 here and the walls shook with the explosions. Very cool.

The grab & go breakfast is not really breakfast - just a snack to tide you over to breakfast. They really need some juices for the kids, or at least bottled waters.

They have a small pool and jacuzzi, which an ESA hotel usually does not have.

Room Tip: Get a room facing west to see the fireworks.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tustin_Michael
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your kind words. It's great to hear that you were thrilled with your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rockledge, Florida
Reviewed 22 February 2013

My recent stay at this property was a refreshing change. Many hotel/motel chains seem to pressure their employees to push good service to the limit, just short of pestering guests. Not so at Extended Stay -Anaheim. My checkin was quick and efficient, and I was asked if I needed anything like a toothbrush or dishsoap before going to my nicely modern good-sized non-smoking room that didn't (as with many chains) smell like it'd been deodorized after being smoked in. It looked, smelled and felt clean and towels & linens were spotless. The person who'd checked me in called about 20 minutes later on the room's landline phone, asking how the room was. My response, "It's wonderful, thank you!"
Having never stayed in an Extended Stay America, the fully equipped kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave, coffeemaker, sink, pots and dishes was a very welcome surprise, well put to use. The bed was comfortable, flatscreen TV had good quality picture, and the free wireless service had good connectivity and speed.
Opinions may vary, but Extended Stay's once-weekly housekeeping policy was pleasantly unobtrusive. I don't need excessive attention or upkeep and was thankful to have the peace and quiet that came with the knowledge that I wouldn't need to expect to deal with the intrusion involved with a housekeeping staff that's not happy unless the room's been intruded upon each and every day whether I, as a guest, like it or not.
My stay involved having my privacy respected in a nice room where I could cook, rest, work, walk to any of a number of nearby conveniences, grab breakfast on the way out in the morning, and trust the the staff to be professional and courteous. Best sleep I've had in months!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dunebuggy4
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we would love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call me for your future stays here at 714-502-9988 or any other Extended Stay Hotels location.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 February 2013

+1 star for free parking and close distance to Disneyland (~15 minute walk)
+1 star for functional kitchenette with nice full sized fridge (saw families bringing in groceries and even a crock pot!)

Everything else during our stay did not meet my expectations and I don't think I would be staying here ever again or recommend family and friends. I'll try to make this review short.

- took ~30 minutes to check in... and also two more trips back downstairs to the front desk to have our key card fixed since it would not open our room
- the bathroom only had one set of towels, not including a floor mat towel, so I called the front desk and they told me that they didn't have any at the moment but if I found a maid with a cart to ask them... but I was already running late to dinner since it took so long to finally get into our room so I decided to get them later
- after dinner I came back and called front desk for towels and they said to come downstairs so I went downstairs to find out that they needed 15 more minutes to fully dry the towels... so I sat downstairs waiting since there was no point in going upstairs then back downstairs (this was around midnight)--they also mentioned that they could not deliver the towel to my room because she wasn't allowed to go up to the rooms... weird
- so finally I was able to shower... but the water would burn me every 4 minutes... something was up with the water temperature control in our room
- bedtime came around, sheets had stains on them... a small pink one on my side and a light brown stain on the blanket.. but I was so tired I just went to sleep on them hoping that it was at least sanitized and that it was just a discoloration
- as for sound level, there were some weird electrical buzzing in our room and the tub faucet was leaking all night long and everyday after
- third day, we parked in the back of the hotel and tried to enter in through the side doors only to find out that our key card stopped working... again. We had to run around to the front to get it fixed, again.

I don't know if it was just our room that was such a bad experience or the hotel in general. When I was in the lobby, it seemed that other people were getting frustrated at the front desk and other people were having trouble with their key cards as well. I stayed in room 309--don't stay in that room if you can help it unless you want to hear a dripping faucet and electrical crackling at night.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I had to stay at this hotel for over a month due to my son's critical illness. My son passed away during my stay there and the staff was very compassionate and caring. Since I live on the East Coast, friends and family came by the hotel to express their condolencies. We were given extra chairs and special accommodations. The hotel had been refurbished, was very clean and now even offers a continental breakfast! I had stayed here before but this experience was special and I will never forget it thanks to the day and evening front desk staff.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Dolly B
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Before booking our 2 night stay I was a little hesitant based on some of the other reviews.. But we took the chance anyway, and I'm glad we did! Rooms were nice, and clean and the staff was friendly and courteous :) front desk was a little under staffed that weekend but even then staff was helpful. Would I stay there again? absolutely!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Cecerda
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay with us was pleasant. Thank you again for your kind words about the staff. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We have stayed here twice in the last 3 months and we love it. The rooms are quiet and no one bothers you. The beds are so comfortable. They are always accommodating. Gave us extra blankets and sheets to make a special bed for our kids and moved us from smoking to non smoking! Seriously an amazing hotel

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Amyd708
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 24 January 2013

1/1/13- The grounds and lobby were nicely kept, and the location is a about 3/4 of a mile walking distance from Disneyland. There's no road noise to be had and there is 4 restaurants at the mall next door in easy walking distance. Parking is not extra fee, and is very adequent for the full hotel.

First of all, the management was very nice and gave us another room, but not initially and only when ants were invading our food from the ceiling above the next morning. This room on the 3rd floor (304)should have never been allowed to pass inspection. Lights and TV had been purposely disconnected by I may think another disguntled guest. One zip cord for the lights was crudely taped and reconnected with wire nuts to zip cord under the bed;. Being a contractor, this was not a proper repair. This could have caused a fire, if it had not be found from the light going on and off. I found out that ants have been an on going problem as guest leave food in the undersink garbage and not have it tend to.

The other room was perfect and had no issues the rest of the 4 day visit. We were with friends who had no concerns with their room either. Check in did take some time, but check out was handled properly and the management was good enough to reimburse us for one night. The room were very good for the price.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Corvette96Traveler
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, 27 January 2013