Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center
Ranked #84 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Cork, Ireland
“Below expections”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed here for 4 days in june,fairly modern but lacking so much, housekeeping is done on a weekly basis so each day you've got to ask for towels etc which are not always readily available, after a fun day out its not good to return to room with unmade beds lack of toilet paper etc. Stayed at lots of extended stays and this is never the case, staff friendly enough and helpfull .Could be a winner with some small policy changes,

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor seem to be the way to go
1 Thank wingfo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies that our staff did not attend to your needs properly. Please know, our housekeeping policy includes cleaning once a week for guests staying 8 or more nights at our hotel. Refreshes and additional cleanings can be purchased as well. Still, we are more than happy to exchange towels and linens as well as offer additional toiletries at the front desk upon request. I will work with our staff to ensure we have all items stocked moving forward and that we convey this message at check-in better.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at acc@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Herriman, Utah
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I normally go by the reviews from my fellow Trip Advisor travelers on the hotels that I stay in when I take my family on vacation but for some insane reason I went against my gut feeling this time and my family and I were very dissapointed. I really do not like to give a hotel a bad review but I need to do the traveling community a huge favor on this one and share what I liked and disliked about this Hotel. We booked this hotel for our annual Disneyland trip. We thought we would go a little more value oriented this time and try a hotel that had the ammenities to cook and prepare meals. That is one of the only good features of this hotel but after staying there I would rather pay Disneyland prices for food.

Date of stay was June 16, through June 22, 2013

First the good. Vern. That is the only thing that I have to say that was good about this hotel. That man is an amazing person and if you do make a mistake and stay here, please talk to him and listen. He is a great man and I am a better person for getting to spend a half hour listening to him talk WW 2 with me. My kids liked him as well. Thanks Vern.

Now lets get to work. In a previous review of this hotel, it hit on dirty bedding. I thought to myself,"no way!" There is no way a hotel would allow that. Well, wrong Cory, our bedding was so dirty it smelled like somone's body odor. I washed it myself in the epensive laundry services as it was late and there was nobody at the front desk when I went down to request new bedding. This is completey unnacceptable. I know that I am not staying in a 5 star all inclusive resort, but I do expect a clean room with clean bedding. After I was over being grossed out by the bedding, I caught a stow away in our kitchen, yes a cock roach. let him take a journey down the dirty toilet. After that we were very careful about the food we brought to make meals and made sure we bought things that we could put in the firdge. The carpet in our room stunk, plain and simple. It stunk because it looks like it is a hundred years old. The bathroom was filthy and had no toilet paper. The tub/shower was dirty with hair in the bottom of it. the grab and go breakfast had been grabbed and was gone before 8:00 am most mornings. The coffee was actually really good though. The worst thing was that we were there for 6 nights!!

Fellow travelers, I normally would not blast a hotel like I am here today but this is a definite "DO NOT STAY HERE!!" You will wish that you have spent a few hundred dollars more. The negative reviews of this hotel could be a lot more negative. This stay has ensured that we will stay in one of the way over priced Disney Hotels for our next trip in November. Thanks Extended Stay America for doing, well, nothing to create a half decent, and clean hotel. I eill never stay here again! I feel like I lost an entire vacation with my wife and 4 kids for wasting my money here.

2 Thank Cory R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the amenities we provide and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about one of my employee. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the dirty bedding, not available at the desk when needed, dirty carpet and tub/shower. I met with the staff, and we will make sure all rooms have been thoroughly inspected to ensure that these types of issues are not repeated. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at acc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

Lake Forest, California
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Smoke filled 4th floor was met with non-urgency rather than standard protocol to ensure occupant safety. Fire department was not called but the hall was filled with sufficient smoke where you could not see the window at the end of the hall. The smoke smelled like burnt wires. Occupants were not warned about the problem nor were they advised of what happened or whether it was safe to go back up -- as I left the floor on my own. Already settling for what was not consistent with what was advertised. It is unfortunate as this place was conveniently located for someone new to the area and starting a job down the street.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank N A
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We had arrived late Fri 6/14/13, about 10pm. By the time we settled in, it was close to midnight. We had planned on getting up bright/early to get to Disneyland when they opened (8am). We set our alarm to wake us at 5:45am. We got up, turned on the kitchen area's lights and low and behold, cockroaches scurried about! there were only 2 but 2 was enough for us! we killed one of them and the other got away by scurrying behind the stove (maybe an open area/vent back there?). We do not have cockroaches at home and I find them absolutely disgusting! The room itself looked great; we found a frozen Lactaid milk carton sitting in the freezer and a toothbrush/toothpaste tube/mouthwash container behind the 'closet' curtain - i assumed someone left it there before us (did housekeeping not see any of that?!). Anyhow - after finding these critters in the kitchen, i assumed where there's one, there's more. I contacted the front desk to ask about their refund policy as i had planned on checking out immediately based on what on the cockroaches in our room - front desk didn't know but offered to call me back. During the hour that my family & i showered and packed up, i never received a call back. upon check-out, i advised the front desk rep of the cockroaches and that i wanted a full refund. The rep looked dismayed, 'Cockroaches?' -am unsure if she was just as shocked as i was or if she didn't believe me...thankfully, i took pictures of the crushed/destroyed roach i killed - showed it to her and she immediately apologized/refunded me as she checked me out. i was so hoping this stay would've worked for us, unfortunately, it did not. Not only did it convenience me/my family but it made us late for our 'Magic Morning' use on our tickets. BEWARE!

2 Thank V_V575
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that this is an isolated incident and that I have shared this with my entire team to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry for our staff's reaction to the incident. I am going to be coaching them on different ways to provide better customer service moving forward.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me directly, at acc@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Livermore
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I reserved weeks in advance and called a few days ahead to confirm a very late arrival. Pulling into the parking lot at 4am was later than anticipated, but a relief after a long day and drive...until we got to our room. It was ice cold and apparent the A/C was left on the coldest, highest setting to attempt to combat the most disgusting smell left behind by prior occupants (they acknowledge the ethnic cooking smell but did not appear to do any other odor removal besides the A/C). It was barely tolerable...but my exhaustion superseded my disgust. I turned on the heat and was subject to a repetitive click. I checked the windows before closing the drapes, and the latches one window (hip level, first floor) were broken and there was no way to lock the window. I was already choosing to tolerate the cold, smell, and clicking ....but as a law enforcement officer I could not overlook the security risk this posed to myself and my children. I went to the front desk and was told they were sold out. I called customer service 7:30am East coast). They offered a room at full price 8 miles away!!!...and I had already been charged due to late arrival! But they said I could pay for another hotel and work out a possible refund the next day. This was unacceptable!!!!! I was offered a phone call from management after 9am EST, which never came. The guy at the desk traded us out for the other late arrival single bed room and extra blankets so the kids could sleep on the floor. I asked for a roll away and was told it wasn't available. I asked for the mattress off one bed from our double room and was told no. I was promised the morning manager would get us into a new room in the morning. The manager knew nothing about it but took care of it when I had to verbally relive the crap I was subjected to..,and offered a 50% refund. After I sternly insisted I would refuse the credit card charge anyway, he agreed to the full refund. I was NEVER contacted by headquarters as promised, and which I absolutely had requested. No excuse for this.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank KBoyd462
Maui
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Got this deal on Priceline for this hotel and I was very happy with what I received for the price. I had a small kitchen, flat screen tv, and good bed to sleep on for under $50 before tax! Absolutely unbeatable! I will be back.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Octavio T
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Many lessons have been learned with the experience I had with the Extended Stay America in Anaheim. At the last minute, my fiance and I decided to add a day to our vacation. We needed an inexpensive hotel just for our first night and I booked with the Priceline "Name your own price" tool. I typically never book less than 3 stars, but just went for the 2.5 star option since it was just one night. What harm could come of that?

When I looked at the photos of Extended Stay America, I thought... wow, it doesn't look too bad at all! We arrived to check in around 2pm (check in is not until 3pm, but we were hopeful that we could get into our room early since we had traveled all night and been at the parks all day). The manager, I believe his name was Jay, notified us that our room was not ready yet and that all he had left was a smoking room. I asked for non-smoking and he insisted that all he had was smoking and told us to come back in 30 minutes. This was a little irritating, but I figured nothing could be done. He then joked about how the housekeeping staff was at lunch and he couldn't be a slave driver. I know he was kidding, but that's just very unprofessional!

At 2:30, we went to the desk to check in and the manager informed us that he was in fact able to get us a non-smoking room! This made me extremely happy and I thought things were looking up. Maggie, the front desk attendant said she was going upstairs to get our room ready. I thought it was nice that she would do that because it showed that she was going above and beyond. The manager gave us our parking pass and asked for my credit card to put on file for any incidentals. This is of course standard practice at any hotel, but I verbally confirmed that my card was not being charged and that a hold was just being placed on it. He said, yes.

Fast forward a bit and we find that our room is on the 4th floor, which is another bonus since we would not have to worry about loud neighbors upstairs. Once we exited the elevator, it reeked of smoke. It was like being hot boxed in with 50 people smoking around you! The smell began to ease up as we got to our room, but it still smelled pretty bad! I can't imagine someone with severe asthma having to endure that for their stay. Why put smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor? Upon our entry to the room, everything looked okay. The smell was that stale room plus hotel lotion combination, which I was hoping would go away if we opened the windows. Before even unpacking, we decided to check the beds because you never know what might be lurking. I am certainly glad we did, because we found the following on Bed 1:

Blood stains on 2 out of 4 pillows
Yellow stains on sheets
Blood stain on sheets (about half an inch wide)

Bed 2:
Bed Bugs (seriously...)
Blood stain on 1 out of 4 pillows
Some sort of orange substance on the bed skirt (huge smear)

Fiance was not having it so he called to have the manager come upstairs. The manager came upstairs, looked at everything we pointed out to him and said that he "wasn't sure what it was" and he actually picked the bed bug up and looked at it (I hope he washed his hands right after). He then offered to show my fiance another room across the hall. The second room also had bed bugs, hair and blood stains on the bed! This was completely unacceptable. The manager claimed that the bed bugs were "lint"...but I've never seen lint with legs before. So instead of offering to have the rooms cleaned again or apologizing, Jay the manager told my fiance that we were "more than welcome to check out".

And so we did.

The real kicker is that the "hold" on my card resulted in an "accidental" charge for the room rate that night! The manager called to tell us this about 30 minutes after we left... I'm not sure how this could happen since as noted above, it is standard practice to simply place a hold on the card... So, around $50 was then tied up for 3 business days with a hold and a charge as well as the money paid to Priceline (which we called to have refunded).

The happy ending is that we were immediately able to book a 3.5 star hotel closer to the parks with staff that knows how to treat their guests and clean their rooms!

Room Tip: Smoking and non-smoking all smell like smoking rooms...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple