“Nice but with some problems” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center
Ranked #83 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Nice but with some problems”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean and has been recently renovated. They advertise some rooms as 1 bedroom when in fact they're studios with a small and low wall that separates the bed from the sofa area. Kitchens are in fact kitchenettes with no oven. We were a family of 4 and the room was prepared for 2, with plates, glasses and silverware just for a couple. Staff was helpful to solve this but only upon request, not very proactive.
Although it's close to Disneyland, the actual entrance is a 15 minute walk.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Diego_Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cottonwood, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We arrived early to this property, the Front desk clerk let me do all of the paper work in advance and she told me that she would call me when the room was ready, She even let my family use the rest room to change to cooler clothes, I guess my room was never ready because I never got a call. I returned to the hotel about 3 pm the room was ready.
We were in a hurry to get back to the park so we took our stuff into the room and headed back to the park.
We came back to the room at about 12 pm. my wife pulled back the bed spread and said look at this. there was a large spot in the middle of the bed that appeared to be water or something. we pulled back the sheets and there was a large red spot under that on the mattress cover. then I looked at the spread on the back side of the spread there was red spots on that too.
It was easy to see when you pulled these things back. We took all of that apart and went to bed. I reported the problem to the front desk as soon as I saw someone the next day as soon as I saw them. She said that she would let someone know about the problem. well needless to say nothing ever happened, no offer to change rooms or anything.
The next morning was the check out date, at 10 am in the morning the maid was knocking on my door. when I answered the door she said are you going to check out, as though I should have been gone already. I told her we will be out by 11 am. She left.
Then while I was checking out I told the front desk clerk about the spots on the bed and showed her pictures I took, She said I am sorry I will tell the manager about this problem. I asked if there was notes about it in the computer like the other girl said she was going to do, She didn't answer she said I will let the manager know.
I will never use this hotel again,

Room Tip: I wont go back
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank aparker2003
Central Coast California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I've stayed here several times when we go to Disneyland and always got a clean and affordable room. If they have availability...book it. When I have company visiting me in California, I like staying here rather than driving home to Pasadena every night after closing, and then back again the next day for California Adventure. Weekly rate is really good if you're sticking around. Location is excellent near Disneyland / California Adventure and also to catch an Angels Baseball game. Safe and clean area with lots of dining options a short drive or walking distance. You can walk to Disneyland. Hope my review helps. Aloha

Room Tip: Clean hotel with a kitchen near Disneyland. Easy on the wallet too. They always treat me good and th...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank California_Wine
Grand Forks, North Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Do not get sucked in by the photos or other reviews like we did - this hotel may have been recently renovated with new paint and carpet, but that is all they did. The bed, linens and towels are sub-par at best, and the rooms are not clean by anyone's standards.
This was one of the dirtiest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. The ceiling had several large spots that appeared to be ketchup or tomato sauce, even though they were no where near the kitchen. The blanket on the bed had a hair on it when we pulled the comforter off. We could see numerous stains on the pillows and the bed through the linens. The bed creaked and was quite uncomfortable. The walls were paper thin, so we got to listen to the couple in the room on one side of us argue late in to the night and then hear the people in the room above get up and get ready at 4am. The towels were like drying with sand paper - they were very thin and quite rough as though they were washed in hard water and dried without fabric softener.
The free breakfast is literally a pot of coffee, a few pieces of fruit and muffins that appear to be from a gas station - nothing fresh, everything of the instant variety.
Yes, parking was free which is a nice benefit near Disneyland, and yes the Wi-Fi is free (if you can get a connection) but these few 'benefits' are outweighed by the noise, dirt and general discomfort. Don't waste your money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Heidi S
North Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Our star at Extended Stay America- Anaheim was fantastic! We were greeted pleasantly when we checked in and out and when we passed through the lobby. Our room was clean and we were able to reheat our takeout from restaurant row on Clementine. We felt safe and relaxed in the hotel. In fact, we have reservations for the Grant Road Extended Stay America in Tucson at the end of May. Thank you for making our trip pleasant and safe. You have new customers!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Forest G
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the service provided by the staff. I am also glad to hear that you felt safe, comfortable and at home while you were with us. We look forward to welcoming you to Tucson and having you repeat the experience!
fresno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I'm so glad we stayed here because I am VERY picky. We stayed December 2012 & the next December of 2013. Both times were great experiences & it's sad that I see other reviews so didn't. The rooms were clean, the bathrooms were clean& roomy, bed was so comfortable. We had a mini kitchen with fridge. The staff were friendly. We were visiting Disneyland & you can buy a $5 ticket to ride the shuttle from your hotel to the park &back all day. To save on food we bought snacks& water from the hotels vending machine before heading to the park.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank drea d
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our friendly staff and your clean, comfortable room. It’s great to hear that our location was convenient during your stay. I’m glad that you were able to take advantage of the shuttle service, your fully equipped kitchen and our vending machines. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Rooms are big and comes with the require amenities provided. Fridge in the room is a big plus. Cleanliness can definitely be improved though especially around the kitchen area where we found the dirt and some leftover rubbish.

Breakfast is just some snacks plus hot drinks.

Disneyland and the GardenWalk is within walking distance.

For people on a budget and not asking for too much.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aves L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Aves – I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your spacious room and your fully equipped kitchen. Still, I am sorry to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast and the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience.