“Very convenient to use for a Disneyland Trip.”

Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel
Ranked #52 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 14 May 2013

The Sheraton Anaheim is a nice, reasonably priced, hotel for people looking for a good place to stay when they are going to Disneyland. The rooms are not fancy but they are clean and comfortable. There is a free shuttle that goes to Disneyland every 1/2 hour. We will definitely stay here again when we go to Anaheim for a Disneyland trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 May 2013

The rooms are quite large in the living area, but the bathroom is surprisingly very small. Not much room for one in the bathroom - forget about having two people get ready at the same time. But the bed was comfortable, everything clean, and the staff friendly and knowledgable. Easy transportation to and from the Disney property. Use the airport shuttle and never needed to have my own car. the breakfast buffet was adequate: two types of scrambled eggs, french toast, pancakes all cooked in bulk in the kitchen; several breakfast breads, fruit, cereal. I had dinner in the main restaurant for two evenings and both meals were excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I have stayed here twice now, loving it both times, and have booked to go back in march 2014. The staff here couldn't be more helpful, attending to anything that we needed. As we are a couple in there 20s, we didn't want to stay in a Disney hotel surrounded by kids, so here was a perfect place to stay so we could get away from the hustle and bustle of the surrounding hotels, and there free shuttle to disneyland every half an hour is perfect. On the 3rd night of out 12 night stay our bathroom flooded, and within half an hour we were moved to a different, upgraded, room. There restaurant is nice, offering a great breakfast buffet, and lovely meals for lunch and dinner, which is nice when you have had a busy day out and don't want to go to far for dinner. The grounds are lovely, the rooms are nothing flash, but are clean and big with comfortable beds. I highly recommend this hotel for a disneyland and surrounding areas holiday!

Room Tip: Try and get a package with breakfast included, worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We have stayed here on three previous occasions but this latest trip has been disappointing. The location is great for Disneyland and the free shuttle is spot-on however, the oversize rooms are rather dull, the lack of an in-room safe is irritating but worst of all has been the noise. One room switch required due to noisy people above us but in the current room we still hear every word of our neighbours time in the bathroom. The walls are paper thin and the a/c ducts seem to act like speakers. Think we have been lucky in the past but sadly this trip has put us off this hotel for good.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2013

During my stay in Anaheim, I spent 5 days at the Sheraton Anaheim Hotel and 3 days at the Peacock Suites. If I could go back, I would have completely ditched Sheraton from my schedule and booked Peacock Suites for my entire stay.

Here are the positive points about Sheraton:
- proximity of the premises to the Disneyland Park and the California Adventure Park
- free shuttle service to Disney
- free newspaper

Negative/dislikes:
- overall hotel is in need of maintenance - within the room: the bathroom toilet did not properly flush (we stayed on 3rd floor - room3155)
- there were stains on the carpet
- the walk from the elevator was far
- the ceilings was dripping when it rained and there were buckets to catch the rain drops that stayed out way longer then the 1 day it rained. We counted 3 days, and the buckets were still there when we left, so who knows
- parking is not included and costs an additional $14 per day
- local calls are $1.00 an hour (not free)
- the staff was unfriendly and not helpful, with the exception of the shuttle driver. The front desk staff failed to advise me that I had mail package for me at the front desk. I had to phone to check and had to walk to the front desk to pick it up. The front desk staff are young.
- finally what did me in was the lack of free wifi in my room. This is the first ever I've seen in years. How cheap can you be? Seriously, I get everything around Disney is expensive but to take this much advantage of your customers to try and make a buck out of everything?!?! Cost $10 dollars per day for wifi - or walk the mile to the lobby. For free...

Would not stay here again and do not recommend. I recommend Peacock Suites unless proximity to the Disney is a must - shuttles are available win proximity for a cost.

Room Tip: Ask for something closer to the lobby if you must stay here
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nellie_Nestle
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a very nice hotel where the staff were very freindley and helpfull. The rooms were very clean although they needed some updating.
The resturant servered very nice food and the location is also good as it was just a short walk from disney.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

my wife and i usually stay in 5 star plus resorts, but we have a ton of SPG points to use up. we took our 13 month old to Disney for a couple days (just to get away and relax). This hotel is dated on the outside like an older castle look and feel. The staff and the rest of the hotel are amazing. The restaurant made us feel very welcome, very professional and fun. it is not a 5 star Michelin rated, but the food was good, the service was outstanding. Front end staff were also fantastic, and very helpful. Rooms were spacious and comfortable with a little fridge, but outdated but who cares we are not there to hang out in the room, it was to sleep and that was excellent. The pool was fantastic and fun. I am in hotels around the world, and for a family this is an excellent hotel...you have to take the shuttle and see our new Ukranian Friend "Pavel" he also makes your trip to Disney enjoyable. REALLY GOOD PEOPLE and a great place to stay with your family!!!

Room Tip: you will be happy you stayed here!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family