“Disney Race Friendly”

Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel
Ranked #49 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 24 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Cortney L
There are newer reviews for Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel

Reviewed 23 January 2014

My wife and I went to Disneyland and stayed at the Sheraton. We were about 1 km from the theme parks so a brisk walk got us there in about 15mins. The hotel was clean as was the room. The hotel staff were extreamly helpful. The on site restaurants were clean and reasonably priced. The food was typically American and plenty of it. Overall we had a enjoyably stay and would recommend to all and sundry

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2014

As a stand up comedian I travel a lot and have stayed in every grade hotel you can imagine from disgusting dives to 5 star Manhattan skyscrapers.
I was very satisfied with this hotel. It is older but most hotels within walking distance to Disneyland are. I was there for the Disney half marathon. Most hotels around Disneyland were sold out so the room was a little pricier than usual but a new Sheraton would have charged twice the price for the same size room not matter what the rate was.
Here is my experience:
* It was clean, the sheets were nice (which I was very happy about because I usually travel with my own but didn't this time) and the beds were comfortable.
* I called ahead for extra pillows and a roll-away bed and they were already in my room when I arrived.
* They had bottled water in the room, Starbucks coffee and a little refrigerator.
* I had drinks with friends in the bar that were excellent and not watered down.
* Dinner in the restaurant was very nice, I had chicken fettuccine (delish), one friend had rib steak (cooked perfectly) and the other had Ahi tuna that looked amazing.
* They have a nice food counter for a quick sandwich, snack or morning coffee.
* The gift shop was a little sparse.
Check-in was quick, easy and Disney caliber friendly.
I didn't like paying extra for parking but I looked at a lot of hotels in the area and it seems that is the standard.
Overall a great experience and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank funnyjoni
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here in November. It is an older property, but very nice and clean. Also very big hotel. Shuttle over to Disneyland, very prompt, nice drivers. Very comfortable beds. Room service was very prompt and very nice servers. Food was good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zazuHicksville
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton Anaheim using points as SPG members. We have stayed at many other Sheratons and decided to stay at the Sheraton Anaheim while we participated in Disney's Tinkerbel Half Marathon Weekend. My eleven year old daughter and I planned to go to the expo Thursday night and run the 5 k Friday morning at 5 am.

Our room failed to meet our expectations of a Sheraton room. THE BED WAS NOT A SWEET SLEEPER! the mattress was hard and the sheets were rough. We choose Sheraton because of the Sweet Sleeper beds.
In addition, the faux leather headboards on the beds and the faux leather chair cushion were cracked and peeling. While this was purely esthetic, it did leave me unsure about the diligence management put into maintenance and housekeeping.

Service also failed. I spoke with three people about the safest way to get to the start of our event. No one seemed to know that it was a race weekend. Finally I was transferred to a manager who assured me it would be fine to walk to the starting lines because there will be a lot of people walking to the event. There was not a single soul. I was very uncomfortable walking alone with my daughter in the dark to the park. Had I known, I would have taken my car or a taken a cab.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
SheratonAnaheim, General Manager at Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Sheraton Anaheim Hotel. I would like to assure you that all beds in the Sheraton Anaheim Hotel are Sweet Sleeper beds as mandated bt Starwood Hotels. Linen on the bed is again the same linen used by all Sheraton Hotels in the United States as mandated bt Starwood Hotels. The Disneyland Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend is always confusing as what directions and instructions the hotel is to provide its guests. 90 percent of guests participating in the runs walk to Disneyland or the location of the starting point of the run. I apologize we could not have informed you better regarding the 5K pre run to the Half Marathon. Thanks for your input it is appreciated.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Believe me when i tell you to avoid this old and run down hotel in anaheim, there are a lot of options in the area better than this, old carpets, old beds, old doors,nothing works here and the service is terrible, "every body complains, you are nor the only one", "the manager is so stupid" thats what the people who works here told me about this place because the politics for everything are so strict that makes you unconfortable.Dont stay here never. And sheraton you should change manager right now.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank contador70

In fairness to the people that read this review you should provide the facts that made your stay as bad as it appears in your review. Politics are not the same as policies and it appears that you are unhappy because you did not get upgraded as requested, had to pay for parking like every guest in the hotel does, or could not gain free access to the Club Room. If you would provide me with details of your unhapiness I would be happy to respond to you. I am also disappointed that you mentioned that my employees said I was stupid as I have managed hotels for the past 40 years and this has never occured before. As you can tell I feel that your review of the Sheraton Anaheim is unfair and not based on facts.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed here over Christmas, and were able to experience the hotel during a lull and the crush of Disney crowds. Yes, the hotel is farther away, but the shuttle service is fantastic (see below). As a great value, we stayed in 2 rooms for 1/2 the price of staying on-site at Disney (Grand Californian), where we would only have 1 room.

Rooms are incredibly spacious. Sure, I would like updates like a walk-in shower, but in comparison to the Disney properties, these are larger and slightly better appointed. My point of comparison are the Disney Grand Californian and the Red Lion Anaheim. The beds are definitely more comfortable. Rooms were cleaned daily and the towels and bedding were luxurious. The one drawback was the noise from neighboring rooms and above us. We stayed on the second floor of the 3 story building.

I upgraded to club level for the access to the morning food and afternoon snacks. You could do it cheaper by buying your own food and drink, but it was great to have in the morning and then as a break in the afternoon.

Getting to and from the park was easy. It was great to be able to just take a quick walk to the bus stops and then relax on the shuttle back to the hotel. I have done the walk to neighboring hotels, but after a day of running around at the park, the shuttle was a great break. Their shuttle runs on the hour and half hour to go to the park. Pick up is every half hour at 15 minutes past and 45 minutes past. It is run by the hotel's porters. They do an incredible job by being bright and cheerful as well as prompt and helpful. I always saw them putting on and off the strollers for families. There are busy pick-up times, but they have an orderly procedure to line people up and bring extra buses. The service performed by the porters makes you fell taken care of. I would say this service makes is a great value.

Other features are the prompt and professional check-in and check-out. The staff tries their best to help you out as quickly as possible. When I was checking out, a staff member was leaving for their break, but then walked back around in the office and behind the counter -- delayed their break to help me out. That is great service!

Lastly, they are a Disney Good Neighbor hotel, which means that there is a Disney representative that can help you with your stay. They made reservations for us for a variety of events, which got us better seating at Fantasmic as well as better standing position at Color of Wonder.

So, yes, the property is somewhat old and well used. I have stayed at a nicer Sheraton in Shanghai that was newer, but I would like to say again that in comparison to other properties in the area including the Disney ones, you will find these accommodations the top end and better than the Disney properties. It is true, that this hotel is not for the seasoned business traveller, but that is reflected in the reasonable pricing. For what you get, I think this is a great value hotel for a stay to visit Disney.

Room Tip: Try to request rooms with views of the fireworks. It is nice to see them from the comfort of your r...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family